Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Seminary in Israel next year-must vaccinate?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Java

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:03 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
In other words, the vaccine did not work. Which is my point.

Did you even read her post?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I certainly hope it will be required for everyone coming into the country.

DD can't wait to get her vaccine so she can go to college next year and not have to worry about falling ill and missing her first year.

OP, how are you going to feel if you send your DD to Israel, and she gets Covid? She won't have you to take care of her. She'll be on her own. She'll be absolutely miserable, homesick, and missing you. What if CVS she ends up in the hospital, or even worse - on a respirator? Who will hold her hand and make sure she gets the best possible care?

She has a much higher risk of getting severely ill, than she does of having any sort of side effect from the vaccine. Israel is leading the world in vaccination, the there are only a small handful of reported cases of serious reactions. It usually ranges from a slightly sore arm and a low headache, to having flu symptoms for 3 to 4 days.

Worldwide, over 2 MILLION people have DIED from Covid. Well over half a million in the US alone.

How many have died or become seriously injured from the vaccine? It's not brainwashing, it's science. Do the math.

In my dds seminary this year a girl got really sick from Covid - like go to the hospital via ambulance kind of sick and she’s still not back to herself several months later. Her parents couldn’t come to help at all and it was really hard for the girl, her family and all the girls in the seminary to know someone had gotten so sick (and this girl was really careful). When the girls were told a vaccine was available they all ran to take it. I can fully understand why a school would require it, based on dd’s seminary’s experience.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:17 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

No one claims any vaccine is 100% effective. I'm one of the well known 4% who don't gain immunity from the MMR. If as a society we vaccinate everyone, then that fact doesn't matter.

I believe covid vaccine is also considered 96% effective. If it's just 4% who the vaccine doesn't work on, we'll be ok. If it's that 4% plus another 20% stubborn conspiracy theorists, I have no way of staying safe other than remaining home for the rest of my life.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:18 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The vaccines are 95% effective against the virus - unknown is how effective they are against some of the variants.

But the vaccines seem to be 100% effective in preventing death, severe symptoms and hospitalization - at least with the current variants that are currently widely circulating.

So someone might be in the small minority who isn't 100% immune for whatever reason.

Why should someone risk their health because of someone else's poor decisions - e.g choosing not to be vaccinated based on idiotic internet conspiracies and theories.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:21 pm
Vaccines will be available for every adult in the US by the end of May.

Vaccines for teachers and child care workers will be prioritized so that all can be vaccinated at a local pharmacy by the end of March so that schools can safely open.

The pandemic relief bill also provides funding for extra teachers, PPE equipment, increased maintenance and modifications for health of school rooms. Not germane to the thread but I thought I would stick it in.

wiki

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:24 pm
A lot of frum American juniors and seniors in high school will be vaccinated before summer vacation.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:44 pm
Amarante wrote:
Vaccines will be available for every adult in the US by the end of May.

Vaccines for teachers and child care workers will be prioritized so that all can be vaccinated at a local pharmacy by the end of March so that schools can safely open.

The pandemic relief bill also provides funding for extra teachers, PPE equipment, increased maintenance and modifications for health of school rooms. Not germane to the thread but I thought I would stick it in.

May I ask how you know all of this? Teachers and child care workers aren't even eligible yet in NJ. And there are a ton of people who are currently eligible who can't get slots. They would need a huge amount to come in for all teachers and child care workers in our state to be vaccinated by the end of March. NJ also hasn't started vaccinating for intellectual amd developmental disabilities, and for various conditions not on their specific list, so there's a lot of ground to cover.

And not all pharmacies are set up for this (the closest CVS or Rite Aid to me that is vaccinating is 25 minutes away), and those that are have limited capacity. When they put up appointments for a week, they're gone in about 5 minutes, sometimes 10.

Even if vaccines are available for all adults by the end of May, it may take a long time to distribute them. I'd hope every eligible teen could have both by early August, but I think the schools need to be ready for a situation where not everyone can get vaccinated in time. If you're finally eligible and finally get an appointment and then you get a fever or a bad cough or get quarantined and can't go, you might need another two weeks or more before you can go, or more to get another appointment.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
May I ask how you know all of this? Teachers and child care workers aren't even eligible yet in NJ. And there are a ton of people who are currently eligible who can't get slots. They would need a huge amount to come in for all teachers and child care workers in our state to be vaccinated by the end of March. NJ also hasn't started vaccinating for intellectual amd developmental disabilities, and for various conditions not on their specific list, so there's a lot of ground to cover.

And not all pharmacies are set up for this (the closest CVS or Rite Aid to me that is vaccinating is 25 minutes away), and those that are have limited capacity. When they put up appointments for a week, they're gone in about 5 minutes, sometimes 10.

Even if vaccines are available for all adults by the end of May, it may take a long time to distribute them. I'd hope every eligible teen could have both by early August, but I think the schools need to be ready for a situation where not everyone can get vaccinated in time. If you're finally eligible and finally get an appointment and then you get a fever or a bad cough or get quarantined and can't go, you might need another two weeks or more before you can go, or more to get another appointment.

It was on the news. It was just announced.

It is really amazing what can be done when competent people are running the government.

The guidelines for teachers was just announced and it will be a Federal program which will supersede any state guidelines. There will evidently be special vaccines allocated specifically for teachers already the Federal government is using national guard for vaccination sites. For teachers, it doesn’t matter what MJ says since Biden believes teachers are critical personnel and schools must be opened amd teachers must be vaccinated for them to open safely.

Vaccine availability for all is based on J&J virus being approved with Merck adding production capabilities. Also they are using the defense procurement act to maximize production of vaccines as well as equipment necessary like syringes.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:54 pm
I hear. I'll believe it when I see it.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

As of March 15 teachers will be eligible.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
No one claims any vaccine is 100% effective. I'm one of the well known 4% who don't gain immunity from the MMR. If as a society we vaccinate everyone, then that fact doesn't matter.

I believe covid vaccine is also considered 96% effective. If it's just 4% who the vaccine doesn't work on, we'll be ok. If it's that 4% plus another 20% stubborn conspiracy theorists, I have no way of staying safe other than remaining home for the rest of my life.

There is just no way conspiracy theorists are 20%. Just no way. On polls here antivax is maybe 3% at most. And more often than not because of damages rather than theory.

And if it were 20% maybe they would have pressure to spend some money to improve the product for higher safety.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
There is just no way conspiracy theorists are 20%. Just no way. On polls here antivax is maybe 3% at most. And more often than not because of damages rather than theory.

And if it were 20% maybe they would have pressure to spend some money to improve the product for higher safety.

At least based on polls, about 1/3 of Americans are not willing to take the vaccine. That number is decreasing as the disinformation campaigns are being met with facts on safety and efficacy.

I think the point was that some people through no fault of their own rely on herd immunity and unless a significant percentage of the population is vaccinated, there is no herd immunity. There for someone who is unwilling to get vaccinated is endangering her health and life.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

Even if 100% of people get vaccinated, you STILL have to stay home for the rest of your life.

You might get killed in a car accident, or struck by lightening, or drown while swimming....

And vaccines are only 96% effective, so you might STILL catch Covid, oh my!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:09 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Even if 100% of people get vaccinated, you STILL have to stay home for the rest of your life.

You might get killed in a car accident, or struck by lightening, or drown while swimming....

Not really. Because if we obtain herd immunity, the chance of Covid being present in the environment is almost nil.

And also take note of another very important to reach herd immunity. With every reduction of transmission, we reduce the chance of mutation. If we allow the virus to continue to circulate, the chance of a very dangerous mutation becomes only more probable.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:16 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Not really. Because if we obtain herd immunity, the chance of Covid being present in the environment is almost nil.

And also take note of another very important to reach herd immunity. With every reduction of transmission, we reduce the chance of mutation. If we allow the virus to continue to circulate, the chance of a very dangerous mutation becomes only more probable.

1. RNA viruses tend to become weaker, not stronger.

2. Because of mutations, Covid may need yearly vaccines, like the flu.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:16 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

You have no understanding of what herd immunity is or statistics.

You continue to spread disinformation based on your obvious ignorance of medicine, science, statistics and logic.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
You have no understanding of what herd immunity is or statistics.

You continue to spread disinformation based on your obvious ignorance of medicine, science, statistics and logic.

I am quoting what PhD Scientists are saying.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:30 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
1. RNA viruses tend to become weaker, not stronger.

2. Because of mutations, Covid may need yearly vaccines, like the flu.

I'm not sure how to square #1 with the observation that several of the mutations are stronger than the original strain. (Or do you mean that each strain becomes weaker?)

Yes, we may need some sort of booster, like with the flu. SO far, the vaccines have been demonstrated to be effective against the UK variant.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:34 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I am quoting what PhD Scientists are saying.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone with a half a brain let alone a PhD would actually make the statements I commented on.

Your post

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:52 pm
Amarante wrote:
I find it difficult to believe that anyone with a half a brain let alone a PhD would actually make the statements I commented on.

Your post

Oh, Darling....

Get someone to explain satire to you.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics