Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Seminary in Israel next year-must vaccinate?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:59 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Simple you say? Smile Nothing in Israel ever happens that way.
While your idea might be a good one, I dont think it will ever happen.

About as simple as setting up a stand in the shuk, which they did.

אם תרצו אין זו אגדה

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:00 am
juggling wrote:
That's not accurate. People who aren't vaccinated are allowed in. They must test before they board, and again when they land, and isolate when they get here, usually in an isolation hotel.
Are you sure thats still accurate? After that plane full of citizens who pretended to have been vaccinated or already had corona but in the end infected the plane?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
About as simple as setting up a stand in the shuk, which they did.

אם תרצו אין זו אגדה
Thats for people IN israel. Why should israel set up vaccine stands out of israel? I see this differently, but thats ok.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Simple. They offer the first dose at the airport, set up a clinic before customs. Anyone on a student visa presents the slip MDA gave them to customs, or Israeli darkon yarok, or isn't allowed in.

The schools must keep all students on campus for 3-4 weeks, then MDA makes the rounds, gives the second dose, and they are free to go wherever the rest of vaccinated Israel can.

It's worth it for Israel because these are year-lopng tourists who support our economy and provide jobs for thousands if not tens of thousands.

Just a side point: students do indeed contribute to the economy, but to say that they are providing jobs for thousands is a wild exaggeration. The reason to allow students is to create long term connections with Israel.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
There is no Covid vaccine with FDA approval.

Are you for real? Pfizer and Moderna are approved J&J is at the final stage of approval. Not sure about AstraZeneca.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats crazy.
My daughter has been looking forward to this experience all her life and I cant take it away from her. Nor do I want to risk having her immunized.
She was just accepted to the seminary of her choice today! And I need to send in a non-refundable deposit of 4k this week! Help!

The risks are to her, not you. Make it be her informed choice what to do.

juggling

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:24 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Are you sure thats still accurate? After that plane full of citizens who pretended to have been vaccinated or already had corona but in the end infected the plane?

I believe those people forged their first negative corona test.

I'm quite sure they aren't requiring a vaccine to get into the country.

Lots of Israeli citizens, even those who *live* here, left the country without being vaccinated, and now want to be let back in. How could they just not let them come home?

To the best of my knowledge israel is not yet recognizing vaccination certificates from the US, so how would that work, if somebody left the country before they got their vaccine?

My relative is due to fly home to Israel this week, after having been out of the country since before he could have gotten a vaccine. He has a travel permit from the exceptions committee, and they certainly did not stipulate the need to be vaccinated.

What is true, to the best of my knowledge, is that vaccinated people (local green pass holders) don't need to go to a bidud hotel, and bidud hotels are as of now very much still a thing. So obviously they are letting people who need a bidud hotel into the country.

All of this is of course not exactly relevant to the OP, since lots will change between now and September. I just wanted to set the record straight on what's happening right now.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
It is mainly the young and unvaccinated who are getting covid now in Israel, as Dr Mom said. Two thirds of those with covid are under the age of 30.

Really? 80% of the deaths in the past month in Israel all had their first vaccine. Maybe a side effect of the vaccine? Who knows, not me and not you! We all gotta wait and see how this pans out. I am in no way getting the vaccine until I see results. If it means no traveling then so be it. We are all entitled to decide what we inject into our bodies.

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Really? 80% of the deaths in the past month in Israel all had their first vaccine. Maybe a side effect of the vaccine? Who knows, not me and not you! We all gotta wait and see how this pans out. I am in no way getting the vaccine until I see results. If it means no traveling then so be it. We are all entitled to decide what we inject into our bodies.

That's not even close to true. Whomever told you that lied to you.

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:59 pm

You sure about that?

More than 97% of recent COVID deaths in Israel were people who weren't vaccinated, PM says

It works: 0 deaths, only 4 severe cases among 523,000 fully vaccinated Israelis

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:03 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
You sure about that?

More than 97% of recent COVID deaths in Israel were people who weren't vaccinated, PM says

It works: 0 deaths, only 4 severe cases among 523,000 fully vaccinated Israelis

Israel doesnt count anyone as vaccinated unless after 2nd dose. I personally know 2 elderly people that died within 3 days of the first vaccine. And also my neighbor miscarried her baby a few hr after her first vaccine. I dont know what to say. Im am not anti the vaccine but I definitely question it and am keepin my eyes open.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:13 pm

Source?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:13 pm
Back to the main question, can anyone who knows any answers from any of the seminaries post their information here and the name of the seminary so we can all know and help each other? Thanks

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:16 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Are you for real? Pfizer and Moderna are approved J&J is at the final stage of approval. Not sure about AstraZeneca.

That is patently false. They have emergency use status from the FDA, they cannot by definition become approved until all trials are fully completed, which they are not.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:16 pm
So you think dyeing from covid is a result of the covid vaccine???
It’s true many Israelis became very ill soon after getting the first vaccine. But that’s not a side effect of the vaccine- the reasons are:
* The first vaccine doesn’t vaccine effective until two weeks after the second dose, and even so is only moderately effective before a week has passed from the second dose (and even more do two weeks after the second dose when you are considered fully immunised). The older you are the less the first dose is effective - and you really must take the second dose and wait a week.
* The vast majority of Israelis over 50 are immunised, at the time of the big surge in January it hit got to many people who were able to get the first dose but not the second one. The vast majority of people getting very sick with COVID after the vaccine were infected right before the first dose of a few days afterwards. Many people felt free to remove their guard after the first dose and stopped SD, some people caught out waiting in line for their first dose (back when there were lines for vaccines).
I have seen one case of a person who caught COVID two weeks after his second dose and got very ill and died unfortunately - the vaccine does not give 100% protection and that’s why some SD measures must still be kept up.
* According to statistics analysis, there is a certain drop in infection rates and severity of the disease, two weeks after the first dose (especially among younger people and less so among those 60 and older), there is a huge drop after the second dose and it is almost non existent in those a week after the second dose.
* All research done from analysing Israeli data shows how much the vaccine is effective. The overwhelming majority of those critically ill in the January-February wave were under 60 and either had not been immunised or only had the first dose - because the over 60 group were mostly vaccinated fully and thus protected. As vaccines became available to younger ages the percentage of younger people critically ill has been rising. This is because if you’re not immune you’re at risk of contracting COVID and a certain percentage no matter what age will become critically ill and some will die.
Vaccines have been proven to prevent infection at a very high rate, reduce severity of the illness among those who have contracted it, and reduce contagion thus protecting others who either have not been immunised, cannot be immunised, or unfortunately have found the vaccine to be ineffective.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
That is patently false. They have emergency use status from the FDA, they cannot by definition become approved until all trials are fully completed, which they are not.

All trials have been completed. They had an expedited approval (because they had a large pool of test subjects and did several stages art a panel t pace not do to sloppy science).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:28 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
All trials have been completed. They had an expedited approval (because they had a large pool of test subjects and did several stages art a panel t pace not do to sloppy science).

I saw a video of a recording with someone on the phone with FDA and asked if it was approved and was told its NOt approved. Its approved for emergency use.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:36 pm
I saw a video of a recording with someone on the phone with FDA and asked if it was approved and was told its NOt approved. Its approved for emergency use.

I'm not sure why you keep saying it is "not approved" if it is "approved for emergency use."

Obviously, that is a form of approval.

By telling people that it is "not approved" you are implying that it is not approved at all, and you are spreading fake news.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:38 pm
chanchy123 wrote:

No, check any mainstream news site, it will confirm you are mistaken.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:42 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'm not sure why you keep saying it is "not approved" if it is "approved for emergency use."

Obviously, that is a form of approval.

By telling people that it is "not approved" you are implying that it is not approved at all, and you are spreading fake news.

Not really, most people understand that there is a level of research before FDA approval. Many people rely on that "stamp" to know companies are not crooked and are being responsible.

Emergency Use Authorization is not FDA approval. And by international law all people taking the vaccine must be made aware of this status, if they are tricked, fooled, mislead, coerced there is grounds for a lawsuit. It simply makes clinical trial medical things available to the public without lots of red tape and paperwork.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics