Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many bathrooms
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:17 am
How many bathrooms do you have with how many kids ? I have 7 people in the house and 1 bathroom plus the bathroom is my laundry room too since my house is lacking a laundry room. I'm so overwhelmed living like this. Anyone else live in a small house, little space with a family of kids? Tell me how?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:30 am
It’s tough - until recently I lived in a 1.5 bedroom apartment with 4 kids and one bathroom. The kids learned that if they needed to sit for long it was best to make sure no one else needed the bathroom. If not we would have someone in the bathroom and another whining that he needs it ASAP! It became second nature to do that. Bh we recently moved to a bigger house.

My brother has 7 kids (so a family of 9) and they also only have one bathroom. I can’t even imagine how they manage that!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:34 am
Three kids - three bathrooms BH

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:45 am
We are a family of 7. Til now we had 2 1/2 baths and it wasn't enough. The screaming and yelling. Plus one bathroom has the washing machine in it and I have teens who can literally spend 45 minutes on the toilet and make me crazy when I have a load to switch.
We just added 2 more full baths. Much more pleasant atmosphere.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
It’s tough - until recently I lived in a 1.5 bedroom apartment with 4 kids and one bathroom. The kids learned that if they needed to sit for long it was best to make sure no one else needed the bathroom. If not we would have someone in the bathroom and another whining that he needs it ASAP! It became second nature to do that. Bh we recently moved to a bigger house.

My brother has 7 kids (so a family of 9) and they also only have one bathroom. I can’t even imagine how they manage that!

I have 3 teen boys plus husband ( no girls) so I'm the only female sharing bathroom with 4 male in the house, actually 1 little kid. I'm embarrassed to even write this. It's hard. Oh and plus laundry piled up in the bathroom. Sometimes stinky clothes.

Why am I coming here instead of looking into a bigger house??

We're actually planning to move in the next year . I will just have to push it through.

P.s. I think little kids sharing 1 bathroom is a little more manageable, than big big male sharing bathrooms

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:30 am
6 of us, 1 bathroom which also has laundry machines in it because there's nowhere else to put them. b"H my kids are learning to be patient and wait their turn and ask others if they need to go before they shower etc. Toilet training can be challenging, but it's doable.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:35 am
Family of 5 with 3 bathrooms and a separate laundry room. We have a couple of people who tend to spend long periods of time in the bathroom and I have no idea how that would work with only 1 bathroom.

s c

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:01 am
Family of 7 with 4.5 bathrooms.

SingALong

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:03 am
Family of 9, 3 1/2 bathrooms. Separate laundry room.

It feels like a lot, that there should always be an available bathroom when needed. Somehow I still manage to have a kid that need to go NOW while 3 kids are in showers and someone is using the powder room. This is our regular Friday afternoon drama. I try staggering shower times.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:23 am
4 bathrooms. Separate laundry room. 7 people. Theres always an available bathroom.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:28 am
We're actually looking to move soon and I'm firm that we need at least 2 bathrooms- small family with not even potty trained kids.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:32 am
family of 6-, large enough apt with only 1 bathroom (which has a bathtub, shower, sink and toilet) plus a separate toiletroom. our washing mashine is in the kitchen.
eldest kid is 9. so far no issues.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:08 am
Family of 6, 1.5 bathrooms and there is always someone waiting to use one....

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:55 am
Family of 7 with 6 bathrooms. Most of my kids will only use one bathroom so we still end up with whining outside the door. Kids Banging head Rolling Eyes

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:58 am
Family of 5. Three bathrooms.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:41 am
4 ppl and one bathroom. Husband has IBS.

1. When I need to I go to the bathroom in the local grocery (if I need the grocery and husband is in the bathroom I just go in the grocery)

2. Potty for my little one (she is way past potty age but in an emergency...)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:43 am
3.5 bathrooms with 2 kids still at home.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:47 am
2 bathrooms for a family of 5. I keep thinking of my neighbors that have 11 kids & 1 bathroom and I'm thankful for my 2. Their boys pee in the woods in the backyard....

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:52 am
I'm amazed how families manage with 1 bathroom. Hope nobody has IBS or similar issue. I don't know how I could ever do it.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:57 am
8 ppl, 1 bathroom. We make it work, kids learn to ask if anyone needs to go before taking a shower
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics