Home

Menstrual cycle covid vaccine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:20 pm
It may or may not be related but anyone have a late or skipped period after vaccine? Still waiting for my period to come.

amother

Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:27 pm
I got my first dose on the day I was expecting my period. I got my period that day, but it lasted 9 days. My periods are normally 4-5 days. But the next month was normal.

amother

Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:33 pm
Possibly. I had a period about a week before the first vaccine, and then the next time was at least two or three weeks after the second vaccine, so that would be a gap of about six or seven weeks.

On the other hand, concurrent with the first period I also had pneumonia (not Corona). I get a fairly bad case of pneumonia every two or three years, and it always messes up my cycle. I'm not sure why. So its hard to say for sir whether the delay was vaccine related pr pneumonia related, or even a combination or both.

amother

Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It may or may not be related but anyone have a late or skipped period after vaccine? Still waiting for my period to come.

I made a poll for you.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....19342

Your welcome!

amother

OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:02 pm
Thanks for the poll. But I can't vote on it yet because I'm still waiting and seeing. The only other thing is that the days are getting longer. And when that happens I usually have one wacky cycle that could be 37 days. So it could also be from that.

amother

Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:42 pm
I missed my period the cycle following the first dose of the vaccine. I had light spotting but no full period. It returned the following cycle.

amother

Brown

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:51 pm
Got my 1st dose about 3 weeks ago. Today is day 40, still waiting. But I also have PCOS, so there's no way to know.

amother

Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:53 pm
Not me. I’m a regular as ever, even 3 months post partum

amother

Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:20 am
I know someone who was having missed periods and a week after vaccine she got her period for the first time in a few months.

potatoes

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:10 am
Do you people realize what your saying? The vaccine is effecting your cycle/hormones = possibly and probably messing with your fertility!

amother

Red

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:15 am
☝️

amother

Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:37 am
potatoes wrote:
Do you people realize what your saying? The vaccine is effecting your cycle/hormones = possibly and probably messing with your fertility!

On the other hand I had covid and my cycle is a mess. And Im on the pill!
In my lifetime many things have effected my cycle like flying, dieting, stress, fasting, change in climate ect.
Do all of the above effect your fertility??

amother

Brown

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:26 am
potatoes wrote:

The same thing happens when you're sick, COVID or not. It's usually ok the next month.

amother

Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:30 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The same thing happens when you're sick, COVID or not. It's usually ok the next month.

Exactly.
Also goes to show how much fear mongering is going around on each end.
I had swine flu as a teen in camp. It took a while to regain my stregth then too. As a side point I never ever ever got my period in camp (full two months). I guess camp is bad for fertility too😇

amother

Brown

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:33 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Exactly.
I had swine flu as a teen in camp. It took a while to regain my stregth then too. As a side point I never ever ever got my period in camp (full two months). I guess camp is bad for fertility too😇

Lol I got my period twice the month I was in camp. I was 14 and it freaked me out.

amother

Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:21 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Exactly.

Me too! I also didn’t get it the entire seminary year. That must be bad for fertility, too!
(Yet somehow I got pregnant my first cycle off of bc both times 🤔)

amother

OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:37 pm
I finally got my period on day 35. My cycles are anywhere between 28-33 days normally. It's not a given, but sometimes when the seasons change and the days are getting longer my cycle goes a little longer. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now. LOL
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns