Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My daughter didn’t get into seminary
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:07 pm
Op as mom of girls I think u need to hug her a lot and show her your davening for her. Maybe she will want to daven too.
Tell her your doing all you can but ultimately hashem runs the show.
Remind her this is no way a reflection on her. It's about numbers.
Iyh as others have said she will have a place by next wk

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Op as mom of girls I think u need to hug her a lot and show her your davening for her. Maybe she will want to daven too.
Tell her your doing all you can but ultimately hashem runs the show.
Remind her this is no way a reflection on her. It's about numbers.
Iyh as others have said she will have a place by next wk.
(Not to sound hurtful but my dd got into 3 sems and obv has said no to 2....she's no better than your dd just the dice fell in her favor. Only telling you so you remember there are plenty of places still)
Brochos for you and your dd. May all the girls have a good year next year.

Seminaries, like other schools, accept more people than they want to come, as they know some will turn them down. They also often waitlist.

If OP's DD was not waitlisted, she needs to be very proactive, as she's now out of consideration, not next on the list if not enough girls say yes.

Congrats to your DD.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 4:48 pm
I think that there are going to be a lot of ‘accepted’ girls who ultimately decide not to attend due to the pandemic situation. Many, many girls currently in seminary are not having a great year and would much rather be home. I know this from my daughter who is in seminary now and BH does love it but she tells me that a lot of her friends in other seminaries are very unhappy. The lockdown situation was different in each school and I think that has a lot to do with it. Then there is the vaccine issue. We don’t know what will be required- but if any parents here are hesitant on giving the vaccine- those spots will probably open up as well.
I’m so sorry that your daughter is going through this - it must be so hard.
May this end up being her biggest disappointment - and May her disappointment turn into joy once she IY’H gets accepted. Hatzlocha!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I think that there are going to be a lot of ‘accepted’ girls who ultimately decide not to attend due to the pandemic situation. Many, many girls currently in seminary are not having a great year and would much rather be home. I know this from my daughter who is in seminary now and BH does love it but she tells me that a lot of her friends in other seminaries are very unhappy. The lockdown situation was different in each school and I think that has a lot to do with it. Then there is the vaccine issue. We don’t know what will be required- but if any parents here are hesitant on giving the vaccine- those spots will probably open up as well.
I’m so sorry that your daughter is going through this - it must be so hard.
May this end up being her biggest disappointment - and May her disappointment turn into joy once she IY’H gets accepted. Hatzlocha!

Agree with this!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:20 pm
That's really hard. I hope your daughter gets excepted to the seminary of her choice very soon. It's still early to draw conclusions.

I just wanted to share that I once attending a gathering, where the speaker, a married woman, revealed that she was rejected from all 3 seminaries she had applied to. I remember being appalled: she was Eidel and learned, and of fine caliber. She proceeded to tell that although it was extremely challenging, in hindsight she saw that the plans were truly for the best. I forgot what she did instead.
But her message has stayed with me, and I've found it to be truthful: our destiny doesn't always add up according to logic. There is a different cheshbon here. Hashem is "fudging up the numbers". It's not about your daughter, what she is or is not.
May Hashem make it an easy and clear path for your daughter.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics