Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does this not freak you all out?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

browser

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:31 am
DrMom wrote:
Nuremberg code?

browser, nobody is tackling Israeli citizens in the streets, wrestling them to the ground, and plunging hypodermic needles into their arms.

Your posts are getting more and more absurd.

I didnt see anything about that in the Nuremberg codes.
Only about voluntary consent.

Teomima

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:42 am
Anyone else feel like they're reading the label of a bottle of Dr. Bronners on this thread?

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:19 am
Teomima wrote:
Anyone else feel like they're reading the label of a bottle of Dr. Bronners on this thread?
I had to go look what that was, but yes :/

Rappel

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:35 am
browser wrote:

But like I said in a previous post it's about whether you believe the right to liberty, including bodily autonomy is endowed by the creator.

I think my body belongs to the creator.

I do not think we have any right to bodily autonomy in a public context. Or really any rights.

browser

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:42 am
We know that the body belongs to the creator and we are responsible to guard it.
We are not allowed to tamper and experiment on it
For "the greater good"
One of the things the torah specifies is to take medical advice from a Rofeh Hagun- this means they take responsibility for their work.
Therefore an experimental product which holds no liability to the manufacturer or the doctor who administers it is highly questionable to say the least

Last edited by browser on Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:50 am; edited 3 times in total

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:43 am
browser wrote:
I also think the body belongs to the creator and we are not allowed to tamper and experiment on it
For "the greater good"

Do you use birth control?

Rappel

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:52 am
browser wrote:
We know that the body belongs to the creator and we are responsible to guard it.
For "the greater good"
One of the things the torah specifies is to take medical advice from a Rofeh Hagun- this means they take responsibility for their work.
Therefore an experimental product which holds no liability to the manufacturer or the doctor who administers it is highly questionable to say the least

So why were you quoting the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness before? All three concepts are completely antithetical to the Torah. Torah Jews have no liberty, have no rights, and have no self-determination.

browser

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:58 am
We are free to keep the torah and serve Hashem- that is why Hashem took us out of mitzrayim
we cannot keep the Torah if we do not have personal liberty.
We are not free to violate the torah

and we must not put our belief and trust in any other entity-that would be avoda zara

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:02 am
browser wrote:
We are free to keep the torah and serve Hashem- that is why Hashem took us out of mitzrayim
we cannot keep the Torah if we do not have personal liberty.
We are not free to violate the torah

and we must not put our belief and trust in any other entity-that would be avoda zara
Scratching Head
Do you never put your belief and trust in anyone? Like a doctor for example.
Of a lawyer if needed. Or, or, or.
That is not avoda zara.
Putting our trust in god is different than in a person for something.

browser

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:08 am
browser wrote:
For "the greater good"

DrMom

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:33 am
Teomima wrote:

If Dr. Bonner sold crack.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:49 am
Browser, do you even live in israel with all of your posts against israel?

Teomima

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Browser, do you even live in israel with all of your posts against israel?

I don't think she does, I don't think she ever claimed to, either.

mochamix18

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 12:06 pm
Teomima wrote:

Castile Soap?

Teomima

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 12:13 pm
mochamix18 wrote:
Castile Soap?

Yup. Have you ever read the labels on the bottles or bars? It goes on and on about all sorts of random semi-political semi-religious ideological babble (fun fact: the founder was a Jewish immigrant who would give soapbox lectures and distribute soap as an incentive for people to come. But they were more interested in the soap than what he had to say So he printed his lectures and put them in the labels). Makes for great reading in the shower.

mochamix18

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 3:47 pm
Teomima wrote:
Yup. Have you ever read the labels on the bottles or bars? It goes on and on about all sorts of random semi-political semi-religious ideological babble (fun fact: the founder was a Jewish immigrant who would give soapbox lectures and distribute soap as an incentive for people to come. But they were more interested in the soap than what he had to say So he printed his lectures and put them in the labels). Makes for great reading in the shower.

I have a couple of the bath bars and thought maybe I read something that sounded “missionizing” for lack of a better word on the label. I just looked at the website and was surprised to learn as you wrote above that the founder was a Jewish immigrant.

Teomima

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 3:53 pm
Teomima wrote:

I am so, so curious what I could have possibly said that was hug-worthy here.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 3:58 pm
Teomima wrote:
I realize that. I mean her replies were very obvious to that fact. So I asked because I wanted to understand why the way israeli works was working her up so much.

Teomima

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 4:01 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I realize that. I mean her replies were very obvious to that fact. So I asked because I wanted to understand why the way israeli works was working her up so much.

Gotcha. That's a very good question.

ora_43

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:01 am
browser wrote:
For "the greater good"

First of all, that cannot possibly mean a doctor who "bears responsibility" in the sense of people being allowed to sue under US law, since the concept of "rofeh hagun" predates the concept of "if someone bad happens to me I can just sue everyone involved" by many centuries.

A rofeh hagun is a doctor known to be knowledgeable and to have good character. A definition which fits many, many doctors who recommend the covid vaccine.

Secondly, if you don't want the vaccine, don't take it. You speak as if people are being hunted down and shot with vaccine-laden bullets, rather than offered the choice of "you can vaccinate and sit indoors in restaurants, or not vaccinate, in which you'll have to sit outdoors".
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics