Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twin boys more common?
1  2  3  Next

English3

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:13 am
I live in London and recently there has been an overload of twins here. Including myself BH I had twins a couple of weeks ago. Interesting trend has been happening it's mainly boys. I am curious to hear if it's like this all over.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:14 am
So funny! I’m there too and said same thing. Def been more twin boys than girls recently. Mazal tov!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:15 am
There have been more boys being born in general I think.

Java

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:16 am
Dizygotic (Fraternal) Twins and Gender
Will you have boy-girl twins, boy-boy twins, or girl-girl twins?

Here are your odds:

Boy-girl twins are the most common kind of dizygotic twins, occurring 50 percent of the time.
Girl-girl twins are the second most common occurrence.
Boy-boy twins are the least common.
(from verywellhealth)
This is actually easy to understand because there's four possible outcomes. Both are girls, the first is a girl and the second is a boy, the first is a boy and the second is a girl, and both are boys. Each of those has a probability of 25%.
For identical twins, the odds are obviously 50/50

Last edited by Java on Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:16 am
I’m in NY and I just had twin boys, 2 weeks later another set of twin boys were born In my neighborhood

English3

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:18 am
One friend told me that Hashem is sending down all the neshamos and that a lot of men passed away last year. But it just speculation 😊. I wonder if it's just something with a women's body if the women's pH levels cause the gender.

English3

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:23 am
In my daughter school there are two sets of twins in the whole school. In my son's checked there is nearly in every class with some classes having a few sets

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:25 am
Mazel Tov!

I think it’s seasonal. I had twin boys a number of years ago, and at the time, I knew of a few more sets of twin boys. However, over the years, I found that I sometimes heard of more girl sets and sometimes of more boy sets. When I had my daughter, all my friends, relatives and neighbors had girls as well (which is great for my daughter). Or, perhaps, we tend to hear more of those who share our situation. Which is why I heard of more twin boys when I had my twin boys, and heard of girls when I had my girls...

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:25 am
I'm in the US and I can easily think of at least 4 sets of girl twins and only 1 set of boy twins!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:29 am
Personally I have twin neices . But when I was in aishes chayil almost 4 years ago there were 3 sets of twin boys there

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:38 am
My MIL A"H was a twin (with a girl) and she also had twin brothers.

My sister's SIL also has a set of each - boys and girls. B"AH

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:47 am
In our family we have 3 generations of twin girls Smile

So I see girls more common....

sillymommy

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:51 am
cutestbaby wrote:
Dizygotic (Fraternal) Twins and Gender
Will you have boy-girl twins, boy-boy twins, or girl-girl twins?

Here are your odds:

Boy-girl twins are the most common kind of dizygotic twins, occurring 50 percent of the time.
Girl-girl twins are the second most common occurrence.
Boy-boy twins are the least common.
(from verywellhealth)
This is actually easy to understand because there's four possible outcomes. Both are girls, the first is a girl and the second is a boy, the first is a boy and the second is a girl, and both are boys. Each of those has a probability of 25%.
For identical twins, the odds are obviously 50/50

Just curious, why are twin boys less common than twin girls? Both have 25% chance.....

For the record I have fraternal twin boys and no family history of twins:)

Java

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:57 am
sillymommy wrote:
Just curious, why are twin boys less common than twin girls? Both have 25% chance.....

For the record I have fraternal twin boys and no family history of twins:)

Among non-twin births, males are slightly (about five percent) more common than females. In the US, 105 non-twin males are born for each 100 non-twin females.

However, males are slightly more likely than females to die in the womb. And because the death rate in the womb is higher for twins than for singleton births, female twins are more common than male twins.
https://wstwinregistry.org/201.....wins/

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:24 am
I think she was asking about recently born twins. Not twins as old as your parents...

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:43 am
These days if you hear of twins it’s often because of IF treatments.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:54 am
I teach first grade girls and have a set of twins girls in my class and my dh teaches first grade boys and has a set of twin boys in his class.

So at least here it's pretty much even...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Actually these days it’s less so. IF treatments are a lot more advanced and controlled, and drs generally refrain from doing multiples.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:03 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Not always. I have twin sisters, twin cousins, twin nieces. All identical. No IF treatments. I also had a disappearing twin so I am technically a twin as well. Twins can very much run in families without IF treatments being a factor.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:15 pm
I have 18month old twin girls not identical, I have a friend who has 3yr old twin girls that not identical and I have another friend with 4 yr old twin girls that are not identical. Its funny. I dont really know any twin boys well.

Oh. and two other people I know have 3 year old identical twins and 18 month old identical twins. both girls.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more