Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3 29  30  31  Next

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 8:04 am
imorethanamother wrote:
I thought about that. If my husband interrupted me when I was in the middle of a sentence, I would have signaled that let me finish my thought, and then it would be his turn. It actually is a pet peeve of mine to be interrupted, and it happens all the time! But what I do, and we never see her go back to him and say, "And what did you want to say?"

But then again, this was a THREE hour interview that was condensed for clarity and time constraints. So you never know what was cut and what was kept.

I will say that it's possible Meghan herself is a decent person. There's a lot of friends who are coming out to say that she is an incredibly kind, sensitive, caring person, with examples of how she took care of them in their times of crisis. It's possible we are all wrong, and are being manipulated into taking sides. And like the article I mentioned above, the main difference is really more cultural. Meghan is about the individual, the RF is about sacrifice of self for the communal (BECAUSE it then benefits the individual). So I'm willing to say that Meghan is probably not as evil as we are all making her out to be.

Ultimately, the main criticisms we can all agree upon, and I think no one disagrees with really, is that (1) people shouldn't expect endless money for doing nothing. (2) And that Harry shouldn't have gone on national television to criticize his father. He wasn't being abusive or cruel to Harry, he was setting limits and not being as PC as he should have been. He's doing the one thing to his father that he himself hates - having people in his family slander him in the press. Whether truthful or not.

Both can be true. She can be lovely and charming and nice to some people and horrible to others.

Sadly I know people like that.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 8:24 am
Imho Meghan's screams for this kind of attention border on insanity, but its not the PC thing to admit that.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:07 am
Raisin wrote:
Both can be true. She can be lovely and charming and nice to some people and horrible to others.

Sadly I know people like that.

There usually extremely nice, charming to the world including there very best freinds, however when it comes to the people they live with, its a whole nother story.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:46 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
It's not them its her

Why do so many frum people have strong feelings against her? Is it because she reminds us of people breaking away from tradition?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:55 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Why do so many frum people have strong feelings against her? Is it because she reminds us of people breaking away from tradition?

The same reasons as people in the general population do. This isn't really a frum thing.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:02 am

Nothing to do with that. She wanted to be FREE & famous, the royal family and free don't go together. So now she's using her Husbands inheritance from his mother on their huge mansion, and using it how they want to live. It doesn't work like that when you marry into this particular family. It can happen with yidden and non jews. So his brother and wife keep on working hard, and they just leave! Seems so unfair.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:13 am

I don't think it's frum people.
I've seen studies and comments that it seems it's most people except the media.
My non-Jewish and not frum coworkers have all expressed this feeling. Read. The. Room. We're in the middle of a global pandemic. 500,000 people in America died, more than 2.5 million worldwide. We all are suffering physically, emotionally, financially. It's tone deaf to be whining about "only" living on inheritance and being denied security when thousands of people are feeding their children only what they can get in soup kitchens and making the impossible choice of exposing their kids so they can work to live.
My coworkers of color were laughing at her racist comments. There are real racial issues in the world. And maybe she experienced racial prejudice. But her and her child's life were never at risk.
She, they seemed so out of touch with the real world and the people I know are really upset at the media for promoting this narrative.
That's what the people in my world dislike about her. The whining about who made who cry. Who cares.

The Royal Family is useful to the British for the pomp and ceremony. I don't get it, but I'm not British. But they don't want the whining.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:27 am

Nothing to do with frum people. Remind me alot of a relative with narcissism. She's a great actress howevee people that have dealt with such natures can see though it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
My non-Jewish and not frum coworkers have all expressed this feeling. Read. The. Room. We're in the middle of a global pandemic. 500,000 people in America died, more than 2.5 million worldwide. We all are suffering physically, emotionally, financially. It's tone deaf to be whining about "only" living on inheritance and being denied security when thousands of people are feeding their children only what they can get in soup kitchens and making the impossible choice of exposing their kids so they can work to live.
My coworkers of color were laughing at her racist comments. There are real racial issues in the world. And maybe she experienced racial prejudice. But her and her child's life were never at risk.
She, they seemed so out of touch with the real world and the people I know are really upset at the media for promoting this narrative.
That's what the people in my world dislike about her. The whining about who made who cry. Who cares.

The Royal Family is useful to the British for the pomp and ceremony. I don't get it, but I'm not British. But they don't want the whining.

It sounds like she's more upset at the principal rather than the money because Harry has always been 2nd best to his brother, who is the future king! So it's a jealousy thing. I kind of understand her, but she should've known her position when she married him plus they've left their royal duties so I'm not quite sure what they expected.

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:06 pm

Side Note: The Royal Family are a major tourist attraction, they bring in heap loads of money to the country!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:12 pm
Hatemywig wrote:
Side Note: The Royal Family are a major tourist attraction, they bring in heap loads of money to the country!

But only when they're smiling, waving, and maybe shaking hands like the yearly Xmas walkabout thing.
Not when they're grumbling about not getting their share of the millions.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:17 pm
But only when they're smiling, waving, and maybe shaking hands like the yearly Xmas walkabout thing.
Not when they're grumbling about not getting their share of the millions.

Every time they walk out to go on engagements they get the press after them. That equals 💷💷💷

I saw a clip on YouTube of William and Kate going to a school, after the interview and he answered 2 questions about it thrown his way which is unusual for him. They usually ignore them!

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:24 pm
So I watched it and I also watched the documentary of Lady Di on Netflix. And this is what I think, Meghan and Harry both come from dysfunctional family backgrounds.
Harry is afraid of the tabloids, paparazzi, and the like because those were killed his mother (and of course a drunk chauffeur but ok).
There were also a few things I quite found naive from Meghan, like doing a curtsy and totally be surprised that you need to do a curtsy in front of the Queen while meeting her... Furthermore, King George V ruled that only the children of the crown prince can be a prince IIRC. Why does Meghan feel so wronged? She could have googled this!
By the protection that she couldn't get because her son would not be a prince (he would be a prince if Prince Charles would be crowned as a king) I think this comes from Harry.
After the divorce of Charles and Diana, Diana did not receive any protection because she wasn't a member of the royal family anymore. She got haunted by the media, the tabloids, and the paparazzi.
It can be that it made Meghan and Harry were frightened about Archie because they needed to pay for their own protection and what if something got wrong? Dodi Fayed was very wealthy and could pay for the protection Diana needed, yet the paparazzi found out and did everything to catch a glimpse from Diana.

I think the drama is a cholent of childhood trauma by Harry and the fact that a born and bred American thought she could play still a Hollywood star and basicially change the things in the firm. I find it really stubborn but what do I know?

Writergirl

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:31 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
So I watched it and I also watched the documentary of Lady Di on Netflix. And this is what I think, Meghan and Harry both come from dysfunctional family backgrounds.
Harry is afraid of the tabloids, paparazzi, and the like because those were killed his mother (and of course a drunk chauffeur but ok).
There were also a few things I quite found naive from Meghan, like doing a curtsy and totally be surprised that you need to do a curtsy in front of the Queen while meeting her... Furthermore, King George V ruled that only the children of the crown prince can be a prince IIRC. Why does Meghan feel so wronged? She could have googled this!
By the protection that she couldn't get because her son would not be a prince (he would be a prince if Prince Charles would be crowned as a king) I think this comes from Harry.
After the divorce of Charles and Diana, Diana did not receive any protection because she wasn't a member of the royal family anymore. She got haunted by the media, the tabloids, and the paparazzi.
It can be that it made Meghan and Harry were frightened about Archie because they needed to pay for their own protection and what if something got wrong? Dodi Fayed was very wealthy and could pay for the protection Diana needed, yet the paparazzi found out and did everything to catch a glimpse from Diana.

I think the drama is a cholent of childhood trauma by Harry and the fact that a born and bred American thought she could play still a Hollywood star and basicially change the things in the firm. I find it really stubborn but what do I know?

She made it very clear that she wanted things a certain way...but she married into a family where things go another way. They don't hide their formalities...how could she possibly not have known??

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:34 pm
Off topic, but I loved the story about the Queen sharing her blanket with Meghan on the train . Tbh, this is what impressed me most from the whole interview..

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:37 pm
Writergirl wrote:
She made it very clear that she wanted things a certain way...but she married into a family where things go another way. They don't hide their formalities...how could she possibly not have known??

That is what I find it hard to believe. You can’t change the etiquettes of a royal family. It’s basically that when I will go to a rebbishe chassidishe family I would not come in my bandfall, full sheitel with a band maybe? My sheitel so too long I would do my research. IMHO I find Americans often naive and basically like “oh I will change this”

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:39 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:

I think you nailed it!

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 3:03 pm
That’s what it is. These people are all so privileged. Cry me a river.
The public’s tolerance for celebrity drama is definitely lower than it was a year ago.

seafood

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 5:00 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:

Building on what you said about Harry’s childhood trauma. By today we know that Diana suffered from bpd, as a result of her own childhood trauma. This led to many of her dysfunctional behaviors. (Of course Prince Charles did not help the situation, but she was not well.)
There is a common belief out there that people tend to marry someone like their opposite-spouse parent. I think it’s so interesting that Harry ended up with someone who obviously has her own childhood trauma and exhibits many bpd symptoms. He basically married his mother...in a different version.

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 5:02 pm
People with BPD are not bad people!
Page 30 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics