Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone planning to travel from US to Canada for Pesach?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:25 am
Deleted

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 6:56 am
I don’t want to debate people who aren’t interested in following the laws but for anyone else reading please know that unfortunately there have been covid related deaths in the frum community. Frum people in Toronto do not have magic immunity

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:56 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Do you know the death rate of covid in the frum community?
Or are you just referring to so called positive cases?

I’ll give you a hint.
It’s non existent.

Wow, this is so obnoxious. I can think of four people I know personally in the Toronto community who were hospitalized for months and are suffering long term effects. I can think of two covid deaths. When you say “so called positive” you are hurting people who have been hit hard by this virus. Not to mention the chillul Hashem for your attitude.

itsmeima

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:02 am
This thread is sick! Someone of you are so selfish; it's nauseating!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:20 am
I haven't read the whole thread. But if I were planning to go to Canada for Pesach I would:
1. Only go if we were completely healthy. Preferably if we already had COVID or were all fully immunized.
2. Find out all the rules and be prepared to follow them to a T.
3. At this point, have a serious plan B for Pesach were we to be turned away at the border.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Lol, the court cases for these huge fines are scheduled for 2026! I honestly couldn’t care less about a fine.

I didn’t even know that. Whole think is ridiculous. The Canadian government is such a farce

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:12 am
itsmeima wrote:
This thread is sick! Someone of you are so selfish; it's nauseating!

Yea and I think it’s nauseating the people who blindly make ridiculous rules that make no sense and make everyone suffer from staying home
I think your attitude is way unhealthier then mine or all the people I associate with.
The people I know who got sick were the ones who were scared of their own skin and listened to dr Fauci.
I feel bad that your drinking the cool aid, but many of us think on our own and know that the extreme rules are crazy and not making a difference

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I didn’t even know that. Whole think is ridiculous. The Canadian government is such a farce

I am sure glad to be living in a country with a government that is a "farce".

Our next door neighbours are b''h seeing dropping numbers, yet:

The most recent seven day rolling average of deaths:
USA - 1000 deaths/day (Hooray! let's open everything up!)
Canada - 31 deaths per day (Let's carefully ease restrictions...)
Multiply 31 by 8.5 to adjust for population size = 263 deaths/day.

The death rate is currently almost 4 times lower in Canada. This translates into thousands of lives saved. I am happy to enjoy life while restricting travel and wearing a mask in order to save lives.
I'm not alone, 85% of Canadians agree.

A freilichen pesach to all! May this time of geulah herald the end of this pandemic.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:26 am
Yea and I think it’s nauseating the people who blindly make ridiculous rules that make no sense and make everyone suffer from staying home
I think your attitude is way unhealthier then mine or all the people I associate with.
The people I know who got sick were the ones who were scared of their own skin and listened to dr Fauci.
I feel bad that your drinking the cool aid, but many of us think on our own and know that the extreme rules are crazy and not making a difference

I believe that Dr. Fauci works for the US government, right?
Why would anyone in Canada listen or not listen to him?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:30 am
Does the pcr result need to be printed out or showing it in my email is good enough?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:31 am

The statements you made here sound selfish and ignorant.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Does the pcr result need to be printed out or showing it in my email is good enough?

It needs to be printed out

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:55 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
The statements you made here sound selfish and ignorant.

According to you.
According to the research I do, I’m not blindly following the whims of the government that changes every day.
My family and friends are emotionally healthy because we live this way.
The most selfish people are the ones trying to force others to be paranoid like them

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 11:52 am
According to you.
According to the research I do, I’m not blindly following the whims of the government that changes every day.
My family and friends are emotionally healthy because we live this way.
The most selfish people are the ones trying to force others to be paranoid like them

I find it interesting that you speak about emotional health and then in the next sentence call people who are afraid for their own health "selfish". I am really trying to judge you favorably, but it is difficult to understand your contradictions. If your actions did not affect other people then perhaps I would have an easier time.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I am sure glad to be living in a country with a government that is a "farce".

Our next door neighbours are b''h seeing dropping numbers, yet:

The most recent seven day rolling average of deaths:
USA - 1000 deaths/day (Hooray! let's open everything up!)

I've heard numbers are going up not due to schools opening but school sports resuming.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:10 pm

The people I know who got sick were mostly those who thought precautions were silly and didn't bother to limit socializing or wearing masks. My brother went to a family simcha this summer where he and his family were the only ones wearing masks. One relative openly laughed at them and told them they were paranoid ...the very next week she was diagnosed with covid as well as some of her immediate family members. Fortunately, they all recovered. And, probably thanks to their masks, nobody in my brother's family got sick at all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 29 2021, 10:47 pm
Gut moed. BH so happy and thankful to be with family for yuntif. I'm in Montreal. Just wondering if anyone had a security company come by to check on them while quarantining. I heard from someone that they tend to come on the 8th day, like half way through?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 12:04 am
My daughter had someone come checking that she was quarantining about half way th thru in Toronto (she was so it was not an issue)

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 12:44 am
If someone who is supposed to be in quarantine is not home, don’t answer the door. That’s what everyone I know is doing. No one got in trouble.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 2:16 am
If someone who is supposed to be in quarantine is not home, don’t answer the door. That’s what everyone I know is doing. No one got in trouble.

right, you do not have to open the door. It's perfectly legal not to open up.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics