Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone planning to travel from US to Canada for Pesach?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:10 pm
and what about traveling from Canada to the US for Pesach?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:46 pm
I'm hoping my inlaws can get to me for Pesach. They live in Montreal. I live in the tristate area. I'm iy"H due to have a baby on Pesach, and I can't fathom what I'll do if they can't get here. I have noone else that can come help, or be with my kids if I and my husband spent the 3-day yom tov in the hospital.
my husband and I, as well as some kids, had covid earlier this winter, and all have antibodies.
My father in law and brother in law are dual citizens. my mother in law is only canadian.
Any tips??

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:53 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I'm hoping my inlaws can get to me for Pesach. They live in Montreal. I live in the tristate area. I'm iy"H due to have a baby on Pesach, and I can't fathom what I'll do if they can't get here. I have noone else that can come help, or be with my kids if I and my husband spent the 3-day yom tov in the hospital.
my husband and I, as well as some kids, had covid earlier this winter, and all have antibodies.
My father in law and brother in law are dual citizens. my mother in law is only canadian.
Any tips??

Your MIL will need to fly in.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I was told that my husband would be denied entry because he's not Canadian. We went for Sukkos and had no issues, just showed our marriage license but seems like the law changed? Do you know of anyone who was denied entry because of this reason?

Canada lets in spouses of Canadians by land.
USA only lets in American citizens by land. Foreigners can fly in to the states.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:59 pm
My father is not American but was able to drive in because my mother is. They did have some trouble at the border but were let through.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:00 pm
Canadians can fly in without an American or American passport. The challenges are for land crossing
She can get in to the us by air no problem

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:15 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
My father is not American but was able to drive in because my mother is. They did have some trouble at the border but were let through.

This completely depends on the border guard. They legally do not need to let a non American in. I know plenty of people who were turned away.... and then told by the Canadian side they need to quarantine 🙄

As of now the Vermont border seems to be the most lenient, but that can change YT time when there are tons of Jewish travellers.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
This completely depends on the border guard. They legally do not need to let a non American in. I know plenty of people who were turned away.... and then told by the Canadian side they need to quarantine 🙄

As of now the Vermont border seems to be the most lenient, but that can change YT time when there are tons of Jewish travellers.

Could totally be. Although they did make a few phone calls to border and were told that it is allowed...officially🤷‍♀️

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:57 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Could totally be. Although they did make a few phone calls to border and were told that it is allowed...officially🤷‍♀️

We called a few times to ask if we can pass with copied birth certificate (Canadian side). Every time they were hemming and hawing and then ended up saying, it has to do with the border guard. My husband took it as an okay since we didn't get a straight out no.. As we got closer to the border I was peeing in my pants while my husband was calm. Bh they let us through, uneventful.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:01 pm
Wow here in Lakewood reading what is going on in Canada is like going in a time machine. Hopefully the Canadian government will come to its senses sooner rather than later.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:02 pm
estherj wrote:
Wow here in Lakewood reading what is going on in Canada is like going in a time machine. Hopefully the Canadian government will come to its senses sooner rather than later.

The US government is letting Canadians drive in for a simcha?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:31 pm
estherj wrote:

Unfortunately, COVID-19 is very much still in Lakewood, as well as in the rest of the world.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
The US government is letting Canadians drive in for a simcha?

Sure. United States has practically no restriction. I had a family come for a simcha for Canada recently and they had no problem entering.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Sure. United States has practically no restriction. I had a family come for a simcha for Canada recently and they had no problem entering.

Okay. Officially they can't.

US has tons of restrictions (not specifically related to Canada).. https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Okay. Officially they can't.

US has tons of restrictions (not specifically related to Canada).. https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

I haven’t heard of anyone being stopped or questioned. Entire yeshivos from Canada have relocated to America. Boys came in no problem. Some rebbes travel back and forth.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:34 pm
I haven’t heard of anyone being stopped or questioned. Entire yeshivos from Canada have relocated to America. Boys came in no problem. Some rebbes travel back and forth.

Right. School.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:12 pm

The US side is stricter than the Canadian side. I don’t know if your family members are American citizens or if they came by air. The yeshiva was probably allowed in on student visas. A Canadian citizen cannot drive into the US since last March I believe.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:15 pm
Anyone concerned if the Day10 test falls out on yom tov or if you can't enter information in ArriveCan on yom tov what will happen? Will we be transferred to a quarantine facility or fined?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Anyone concerned if the Day10 test falls out on yom tov or if you can't enter information in ArriveCan on yom tov what will happen? Will we be transferred to a quarantine facility or fined?

I really appreciate this question. A lot of us may come across this issue. I will also research what can be done and how risky it is not to give the information on time...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 12:58 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

I know many people who either missed the 10 day test or didn’t enter the info daily on arrive can.
They don’t actually do anything about it.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics