Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone planning to travel from US to Canada for Pesach?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Anyone concerned if the Day10 test falls out on yom tov or if you can't enter information in ArriveCan on yom tov what will happen? Will we be transferred to a quarantine facility or fined?

I’ve gone back and forth to the US and never called the numbers they gave once.
Nothing happened.
Some of my kids are in for yom Tov, they didn’t take the tests or call.
None of my friends kids are even really keeping to quarantine, neither are my kids friends.
Nothing is happening. Most people I know have had enough and not following these ridiculous rules.
Everyone has to calm down and live their lives.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 4:38 pm
Just wondering if there are any updates about getting into Canada quarantining in Canada that we should know about.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 5:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just wondering if there are any updates about getting into Canada quarantining in Canada that we should know about.

Following.
I have an appointment tomorrow to Covid test the whole family (except baby) and will be traveling on Thursday.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yea, everyone is out and about. All the bochurim who came home.
All the young couples.
Everyone I know is living their lives and not worrying

cat81

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:56 pm
On way. Driving from N.Y. to Montreal.
Plan on staying for 2 weeks.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 6:49 am
cat81 wrote:
On way. Driving from N.Y. to Montreal.
Plan on staying for 2 weeks.

Did you need to Covid test everyone within 3 days in advance? Did they ask about it?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Did you need to Covid test everyone within 3 days in advance? Did they ask about it?

Just bumping this. Really would prefer not to get the whole family tested tonight, wondering if it's ABSOLUTELY required.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 5:50 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Just bumping this. Really would prefer not to get the whole family tested tonight, wondering if it's ABSOLUTELY required.

Yes it’s required. They won’t let you in. Make sure you get the right kind of test and results printed out clearly.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Yes it’s required. They won’t let you in. Make sure you get the right kind of test and results printed out clearly.

Thanks I just went to get tested.
I appreciate it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 8:28 pm
I heard you need to show marriage license at the border.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I heard you need to show marriage license at the border.

If only one if you is Canadian then yes, bring your marriage license.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Yea, everyone is out and about. All the bochurim who came home.
All the young couples.
Everyone I know is living their lives and not worrying

Not everyone is out and about. People who don't want to risk a huge fine are quarantining like they should be. I am one of those people. The people you see who are out and about either got an exemption or they are breaking the law, which is not okay.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:40 pm
Is it true that under age 5 doesn't require to show a pcr test at the border going into Canada?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:13 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Not everyone is out and about. People who don't want to risk a huge fine are quarantining like they should be. I am one of those people. The people you see who are out and about either got an exemption or they are breaking the law, which is not okay.

Do you know anyone who got a fine?
I don’t
Most people I know have not quarantined this year included myself. We don’t have exemptions, we’re just trying to live a normal life.
Literally every bachur that came back is roaming the streets. All the young marrieds are out and about.
You can stay holed up hiding in your house, because the government is out of their minds

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it true that under age 5 doesn't require to show a pcr test at the border going into Canada?

Yes. Only 5 and up need a test.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:55 pm
I don’t
Most people I know have not quarantined this year included myself. We don’t have exemptions, we’re just trying to live a normal life.
Literally every bachur that came back is roaming the streets. All the young marrieds are out and about.
You can stay holed up hiding in your house, because the government is out of their minds

I don’t know where you are but in montreal officers come to check on your quarantine at least a few times during the 14 days. Sometimes even twice a day!! Here, everyone stays home or goes out max down the block so they can run back in case they come. And it’s happened that people ran home because officers were at the door. You get a huge fine if you’re not home!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:56 pm
I don’t

I’m not sure why you think you are above the law. Everyone wants to live a normal life. Why do you think covid hit the Toronto frum community so strongly to begin with? People roaming the street have blood on their hands.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 12:47 am
I’m not sure why you think you are above the law. Everyone wants to live a normal life. Why do you think covid hit the Toronto frum community so strongly to begin with? People roaming the street have blood on their hands.

I’m not sure what blood your talking about since no one here in the frum community died.
You follow your science, I’ll follow mine.
No one ever checked on any of my family members. We’ve all gone back and forth a few times.
Never got one visit

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 12:50 am

Do you know the death rate of covid in the frum community?
Or are you just referring to so called positive cases?

I’ll give you a hint.
It’s non existent.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 12:53 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I don’t know where you are but in montreal officers come to check on your quarantine at least a few times during the 14 days. Sometimes even twice a day!! Here, everyone stays home or goes out max down the block so they can run back in case they come. And it’s happened that people ran home because officers were at the door. You get a huge fine if you’re not home!!

Lol, the court cases for these huge fines are scheduled for 2026! I honestly couldn’t care less about a fine.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics