Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Air fryer.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:11 pm
I have been wanting an air fryer for a long time and am getting one but will keep it new for Pesach (and then make it chametzdick). I am not so familiar with how it works, as I don’t have one yet.

Does anyone know based on technology or do I need to ask my Rav.
For the Sedering, we don’t eat roasted food and I normally fry chicken. Can I make it in the air fryer, or because of the air is it more like roasted?

I enjoy food but don’t understand the science and mechanics of cooking.

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:00 pm
Following as we are doing the same thing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 4:41 pm
Miami85,
If I end up needing to ask, I will let you know.
I just feel so bad asking my Rav because it is about the “modern”cooking technology, not does he know the Halacha (minhag?) which he would then need to go research as it is out of his area of expertise and I hate to waste his time for no real reason.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:04 pm
I am not poskening and everyone should call their own Rav. Just relate what I was told to me, as I understood from the phone call.

I Called the Star K as I figured if they certify appliances they would be the most knowledgeable ones about cooking mechanisms and thermodynamics.
The Rav I spoke to there (did not catch his name) said it was too similar to roasting, and not a preferred method of cooking for the Seder.
Oh well ☹️, but my children will be thrilled.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics