Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get covid? Poll
1  2  3  4  Next

To the best of your knowledge, did you have covid?
Yes, I had it once.  
 50%  [ 226 ]
Yes, I had it twice.  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t think I had it at all  
 21%  [ 97 ]
Other (explain)  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t know, maybe  
 8%  [ 37 ]
Definitely not!!  
 18%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 450

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 7:57 pm
Now that it’s been around for over a year it would be interesting to see how many of us got it. I know that some of us might’ve gotten it and either showed no symptoms or tested inaccurately but try to answer to the best of your knowledge.

added a few more options

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 7:59 pm
Other: no, I know I did not get it

imasinger

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:00 pm
I don't know.

I had a bad cold and headache just after Purim, but there weren't tests available then. Never lost taste or smell.

So probably not.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Other: no, I know I did not get it

That would be the third poll option. Smile
Why other?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That would be the third poll option. Smile
Why other?

“I don’t think I had it at all” and “I know for a fact that I never had Covid” are different answers Smile

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
“I don’t think I had it at all” and “I know for a fact that I never had Covid” are different answers Smile

Whatever you say.
Looks like the mods added the last 2 poll options now.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:08 pm
Yes, twice.
1st time was before pesach, I had a bad cough, temperature, chest pains, Achy, bad headaches. Threw up from the high temperature. Didn't test positive as we weren't getting tested then.

2nd time was 2.5 months ago, I didn't have a cough, I had slight temperature, very Achy, headaches, lost taste and smell (it's still gone) chest pains, tested positive.

Eta: a little shortness of breath both times.

I'm from the UK.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Yes, twice.
1st time was before pesach, I had a bad cough, temperature, chest pains, Achy, bad headaches. Threw up from the high temperature. Didn't test positive as we weren't getting tested then.

2nd time was 2.5 months ago, I didn't have a cough, I had slight temperature, very Achy, headaches, lost taste and smell (it's still gone) chest pains, tested positive.

I'm from the UK.

Curious to know if you tested for antibodies after the first time to confirm whether it was indeed Covid. Right now it’s very rare to find people who have definitely had it twice.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Curious to know if you tested for antibodies after the first time to confirm whether it was indeed Covid. Right now it’s very rare to find people who have definitely had it twice.

I know 3 people who had it 2x! Two of them got 2 positive tests and antibodies after both time. The third had all the symptoms without testing at all, high antibodies afterward, and then got a positive test 10 months later.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I know 3 people who had it 2x! Two of them got 2 positive tests and antibodies after both time. The third had all the symptoms without testing at all, high antibodies afterward, and then got a positive test 10 months later.

How many months apart? I’m not saying I don’t believe them but im curious. I was told that you can test positive for quite a while after having it.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
How many months apart? I’m not saying I don’t believe them but im curious. I was told that you can test positive for quite a while after having it.

Yeah definitely a while. All 9-10 months.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:24 pm
I replied that I didn't think so.

My entire household passed around some time of virus/cold in early Feb 2020.

It was different than our typical round of common colds/viruses, and for most of us, the cough was pronounced.

My teens had it worst, followed by me, followed by the preschooler in terms of symptoms. The preschooler didn't even stay home--was just sniffly. (Remember, this was when COVID was still something happening "over there in China")

I had some weird breathing thing, but my other symptoms weren't so bad... I didn't miss work. After I otherwise felt better, I had a stubborn cough. The teens also had a lingering cough even when they otherwise felt better. I still have the bag of several varieties of cough drops I bought with the receipt (they were on sale and I got a little excited.)

Many of my coworkers also described this bad/weird cold before I got it as well.

Now, in May 2020, I had my annual physical with my doctor, and asked if he thought it were even possible to have had it back then. He said "definitely" and offered to order antibody testing. I tested for antibodies and came back negative (results didn't show a number so I have no idea). Now, it was over 3 months since we'd all been sick, and we'd all been home from work/school for 2 months by then, so who knows? It didn't come up with my pediatrician tbh, so my kids weren't tested for antibodies.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:26 pm
imasinger wrote:
I don't know.

I had a bad cold and headache just after Purim, but there weren't tests available then. Never lost taste or smell.

So probably not.

I currently have Covid and still have taste and smell. That is only one of the symptoms.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:27 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

No and I regret not testing for antibodies but I'm 95 percent sure I had it for these reasons.

1: I've not felt that ill since I was a little kid with temperature, tonsillitis etc.

2: I had enough covid symptoms to strongly suspect it.

3: it was going around like lightening in my community then.

4: I had exact same symptoms as my sil who tested positive at the same time, she went to hospital for a drip hence she could get tested. And same time line of symptoms. Example : at the end if it I asked her if she was also coughing up phlegm, she said yes and her Dr told her it was the virus leaving her body.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:29 pm
Voted definitely not. Though I guess I couldn't know for sure. But I haven't had so much as a tiny cold, so.....

silverlining3

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:40 pm
I don't think I had. I only recently tested myself, for the 1st time since it started, due to faulty thermometer at a lab-was feeling perfectly find. I was negative.

realb

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Yes, twice.

I'm from the UK.

Very similar happened to my sis in law in flatbush. She was shocked when she tested positive shortly before chanuka. Because she had it before pesach (which she did not test at the the time)

Zehava

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:51 pm
I can think of two times I might have had it but I was never tested and don’t have antibodies

tigerwife

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:05 pm
Never had it. I’ve actually gotten sick a few times in the past year but tested negative for covid twice and had negative antibody tests two other times. Same for the rest of my household. May HaSh-m keep us healthy!

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:12 pm
realb wrote:
Very similar happened to my sis in law in flatbush. She was shocked when she tested positive shortly before chanuka. Because she had it before pesach (which she did not test at the the time)

Quite a few people have had it twice here. And those are just the ones I've heard of.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics