Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Missed 3 pickups, Sanitation says short on manpower. Why?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:44 pm
Ive had 3 missed collections, and garbage is piling up really badly.

I called the Dept of Sanitation and they say theyre short on manpower. Why all of a sudden, now?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:09 am
Everyone had covid??? Just kidding.

If I were you, I wouldn't care WHY, I would care about WHAT I could do to solve this problem.

Suggestion: post what city you are in, and other imas can connect you or Google information like city council members that you should be complaining to!! Smile
I'm happy to try to Google, bli neder.

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:13 am
I’m in flatbush and they didn’t take recycling or garbage entire week

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:13 am
Same issue here, its terrible!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:14 am
https://boropark24.com/news/ds.....-snow

I suggest calling your council members, assembly members, the mayor, 311, etc until it gets picked up.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:16 am
The garbage pickup is a mess and yes they are blaming covid! Which is ridiculous it’s out of hand all the excuses.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:20 am
I think it’s because of the snow. At some point one of my garbage truck workers told me he was working 28 days straight.. he was doing garbage pickup on sunday! (Brooklyn)
Maybe now they all took a vacation..
But yes this week its crazy, hate when the animals get to my bags..

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:22 am
Yup. It's because of the snow, 4 weeks later and we still don't have all our recycling picked up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:25 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I think it’s because of the snow. At some point one of my garbage truck workers told me he was working 28 days straight.. he was doing garbage pickup on sunday! (Brooklyn)
Maybe now they all took a vacation..
But yes this week its crazy, hate when the animals get to my bags..

Yeah, they have been picking up fridays collection on Sunday. And I saw a raccoon recently which was scary and hope that wont increase.
I wonder if this is only in predominately Jewish neighborhoods that its happening to. Someone should definitely investigate this to see if its not the continued anti-semitic behavior we have seen from our lovely politicians for the duration of covid. If that is the case then someone should be held accountable and the city should be sued.
That said, perhaps shomrim or chaverim can borrow some of the garbage trucks and collect the garbage themselves to keep the raccoons and who knows what other animals out of the neighborhood.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:27 am
Get in touch with Chaim Deutsch's office. He's in charge of this.

ETA: Just realized that OP didn't mention where she lives...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:52 am
Im in BP (Brooklyn).

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:57 am
The didn’t collect the garbage in Brooklyn for a week already.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:59 am
To those who have called their council members, etc, has it helped?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:05 am
Call 311 or complete the form online for missed Trash or recycling collection-- https://portal.311.nyc.gov/art.....01788

https://portal.311.nyc.gov/sr-.....3b5cc

Kalman Yeger is the council member for Boro Park, you can try reaching out to him as well-- https://council.nyc.gov/district-44/

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:35 am
They said they're behind schedule.They just picked up our garbage! It's 1:30 AM. I live in southern Brooklyn

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:45 am
Williamsburg- they finally picked up the garbage Friday after at least a week of no collections.
Not sure what's going on in Brooklyn.
There was no snow recently.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:46 am
Same in crown heights
What snow????

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:43 am
Queens is also having issues. I sort of understood the 1 pick up in 3 weeks when it snowed every Monday and thursday (our pick up days) but we're still getting only 1 pick up a week now!

fleetwood

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:48 am
My garbage and recycling has been out since Tuesday in Brooklyn. Deutch has been notified as well as 311. Nothing has been done.Not a truck in sight. It's disgusting. The wind has blown papers and boxes all over the lawns and streets. At the height of covid we never missed a pickup. After the snow..our stuff sat out for 3 weeks!! This is unacceptable!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:53 am
I keep my garbage by the curb full time by now. Sometimes they'll come spontaneously at midnight or 3 am.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries