Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
If you could chose any name
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

First Lady

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 3:53 pm
Love:
Kinneret
Hadassa
Libby
Shira
Reva
Racheli

Akiva
Zevy
Arye
Yona
Yair

fbc

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:30 pm
Oooh I love this thread!!! I've had a list of faves since before I was married!!!

Girls:
Atara, zahava, Nava, ashira, tehilla, shalhevet, Aliza, adira, Rena, aderet

Boys: zerachya, zerach, zechariah, Hillel, azaria, elimelech, chananel, peretz, aryeh, shamai, shimon, mordechai

So many more but I can't think of them right now. Should have written them down years ago!!

dankbar

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:55 pm
I love the names
Malky
Leah'le
Bruchy
Roizy
Blimy
Mindy
Dini
Baila
Rivky
Shiffy
Silky
Charny
Toby
Frade'le

Shloimy
Moishy
Avrumy
Yanky
Shulem
Shaya
Hillel
Bentzi
Zevi
Shia'le
Yiddy
Leiby

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:24 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I know so many young Ahuvas!!
My daughter had two in her class, our friends have a 3 year old named Ahuva, we have numerous friends with daughters under age 5 who are named Ahuva.

I know tons of Ahuvas here (Lakewood). In my daughters school one third grade class has 3 Ahuvas.

However virtually all of them are named after a relative who’s name the parents didn’t like and they added Ahuva and go by that.

Ahuva Hinda, Ahuva Bryna etc.

I feel like every few years there’s a “trendy” name that people chose to add on, the “” because obviously Ahuva is a totally legitimate normal name with a mesorah but I know waaaaay more Ahuvas under 10 then over 10.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know tons of Ahuvas here (Lakewood). In my daughters school one third grade class has 3 Ahuvas.

However virtually all of them are named after a relative who’s name the parents didn’t like and they added Ahuva and go by that.

Ahuva Hinda, Ahuva Bryna etc.

I feel like every few years there’s a “trendy” name that people chose to add on, the “” because obviously Ahuva is a totally legitimate normal name with a mesorah but I know waaaaay more Ahuvas under 10 then over 10.

I had to change a name to ahuva because the name was the same as mine. We didn't want a completely "new" name, so we did because it's an adjective to the 2nd name, which we kept.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:44 pm
so this is not really a name (as far as I know) but I am pregnant and due soon and keep thinking "Nachliel" for a boy. We are in more chareidi circles and don't really want to just make up a name (would like a mesorah/Tanach name) but I just feel like the meaning is so beautiful!!! "My portion is with Hashem".

It does appear in Shabbos Friday night zemiros-Kol Mekadesh Shevii ("k'mikablei matan Nachliel")

Also a chareidi yishuv in Eretz Yisrael

Also reminds me of Israeli kids in gan getting excited over seeing a "nachlieli" (type of bird)

I don't know I've been obsessed with it recently.

Anyone heard of this being used as a name?

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:23 pm
We did just that. Eventually everyone we needed to name after was named after. We called her BatTzion, out of our mutual love of Yerushalayim. For a boy it would have been (surprise surprise) BenTzion.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:58 pm
Sar Shalom
Elchonon
Imanuel

Shlomtzion

BokerTov

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:15 pm
Batsheva
Bentzion
Betzalel
Binyomin
Chava
Devoira
Shoshana

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:24 pm
DVOM wrote:
What does Ella mean?

I have a niece Ella, it’s usually Daniella or Ariella

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:26 pm
I love love love the name Hodaya!! but it would never fly in my circles. (anon because hi Mommy!)

tryinghard

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I have a niece Ella, it’s usually Daniella or Ariella

I know at least five “Ella”s who are named that, it’s not short for anything

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
so this is not really a name (as far as I know) but I am pregnant and due soon and keep thinking "Nachliel" for a boy. We are in more chareidi circles and don't really want to just make up a name (would like a mesorah/Tanach name) but I just feel like the meaning is so beautiful!!! "My portion is with Hashem".

It does appear in Shabbos Friday night zemiros-Kol Mekadesh Shevii ("k'mikablei matan Nachliel")

Also a chareidi yishuv in Eretz Yisrael

Also reminds me of Israeli kids in gan getting excited over seeing a "nachlieli" (type of bird)

I don't know I've been obsessed with it recently.

Anyone heard of this being used as a name?

It is a name!!!! My son’s counselor in day camp was Nachliel!!!!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:38 pm
I like:

Ella
Lilly
Michaela (pronounced mikayla, not meechaela, which I’ve also heard- a female version of Michael)
Noa (pronounced no-A, not Noah)
Eliana
Elisheva (called Eli)
Tiferet

The only name I could possibly ever get my husband to agree with would be Elisheva.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:17 pm
DVOM wrote:
What does Ella mean?

It's a type of tree in Hebrew
I know someone who named their daughter Ella using that meaning

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
It's a type of tree in Hebrew
I know someone who named their daughter Ella using that meaning

And I have heard it as a ydidish name spelled עלא and someone on this board wrote once that it cal called me Aramaic with an alef.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:20 pm
If I could should any name I'd choose Shifra. I like the sound. Elyakim for a boy.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
If Ahuva were used among the younger generations, I would name my daughter that. I love the sound and the meaning, but wouldn't give a name that is almost exclusively used by those born before 1970.

I like Ahuvi, but I think that might be too unheard of for my taste (slightly considering it still).

Funny, I never thought of it as an older name. My third grader is Ahuva and last year there were 3 in her class. This summer she has at least 1 other in her bunk.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:27 pm
Temima
Tanchum

EstyEF

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:29 pm
Shoshana, Yael, Tova, Odeya, Menachem, and Gershon
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names