Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Modesty Today
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:54 pm
I can't say I don't look at Instagram from time to time. But I can't help but wonder how certain posts from religious looking women do not portray a sense of daughters of the king. To be specific I don't get the dancing. Modesty is far more than the length of the skirt or the covering of ones hair. I just don't get this. Am I alone in my bewilderment?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can't say I don't look at Instagram from time to time. But I can't help but wonder how certain posts from religious looking women do not portray a sense of daughters of the king. To be specific I don't get the dancing. Modesty is far more than the length of the skirt or the covering of ones hair. I just don't get this. Am I alone in my bewilderment?

I agree putting a disclaimer for women and girls only and posting on social media girl and women dancing for a contest surprised me. It looks like standard BY girls submitting entries.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:09 pm
Instagram has turned our Frum fashion industry into Hollywood.
Ugh.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:20 pm
Many frum women think that tzenuis doesn't apply to Instagram. It's appalling what's going on.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:47 pm
You’re not alone. It makes me wonder if teaching tznius as a girls’ guide to dress instead of as a middah both men and women should strive for has been a big mistake.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:47 pm
I quit Instagram partly for this reason. And I ain't some dowdy nerd, but pretty much a fashionista myself. I was just appalled one day at the some of the content posted by frum women. I come from a pretty modern background and nobody that I know would behave like that, not in real life, and certainly not on an open social platform for the world to see.
I can't believe I'm saying this as I'd probably be considered a hot Chani by some of you, but Instagram is a true breach of Tzniut. And if I'm already saying this it's a sad state of affairs.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Instagram has turned our Frum fashion industry into Hollywood.
Ugh.

Which people are you following? (I'm the woman who only sees sofas and art and cats on her Insta)

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Which people are you following? (I'm the woman who only sees sofas and art and cats on her Insta)

I see women dancing in the street wearing tutus for a music video contest.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:05 pm

It's lashon hora to post but they're supposedly frum women, some even chassidish, that have not an ounce of shame or modesty when posting on Instagram.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It's lashon hora to post but they're supposedly frum women, some even chassidish, that have not an ounce of shame or modesty when posting on Instagram.

Can you give me some hastags so I can look for them? It's not lashon hara to post the name of a public post.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:07 pm
I also stopped Instagram when I just got sick and tired of all the fake ness.
The “Rebetzin’s” who then post pics of themselves publicly dancing or promote products is even worse then those who straight out say we’re all about fashion.
Best thing I ever did

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:08 pm
Can you give me some hastags so I can look for them? It's not lashon hara to post the name of a public post.

I'm not posting names. It's definitely lashon hora to post their names now that we're discussing this and you're going to look them up for this reason.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:10 pm

Did u hack my insta? LOL

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:15 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm not posting names. It's definitely lashon hora to post their names now that we're discussing this and you're going to look them up for this reason.

Then I guess I don't get to see what all the fuss is about. I searched for the hashtag #frum and found Israel with Daniel, and HasidicHipster.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 11:41 pm
Then I guess I don't get to see what all the fuss is about. I searched for the hashtag #frum and found Israel with Daniel, and HasidicHipster.

You can start with some wig companies and their Instagram ads...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:35 am
It always surprises me.
I follow fitness accounts. Mainly secular cuz I hate the drama, but some frum people too.
I am always wondering why people have a different standard for real life and for insta. Is she so naive that she doesn't realize how many people are watching her? Or is she really ok with wearing pants and no head covering in public even though around the neighborhood she would never??
I don't get it.
I am ok with people having different halacha standards than me. I follow plenty M.O. athletes who compete in garments I wouldn't be comfy in. And I respect that.
But the double standard I simply don't get.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:46 am
I consider myself JPF, and I’m upset at what I see on Instagram as well. Number one offenders I think are the sheitel companies showing their ‘hot’ products without even being embarrassed that this is the antithesis of what a wig and frum lady should be about. My job requires me to have Instagram so I checked out the frum sites and was shocked and horrified!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:50 am
I guess I just don’t follow the right people. I don’t see any of these things you all see. My Instagram feed is pretty wholesome and I’m hoping it stays this way.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:08 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I quit Instagram partly for this reason. And I ain't some dowdy nerd, but pretty much a fashionista myself. I was just appalled one day at the some of the content posted by frum women. I come from a pretty modern background and nobody that I know would behave like that, not in real life, and certainly not on an open social platform for the world to see.
I can't believe I'm saying this as I'd probably be considered a hot Chani by some of you, but Instagram is a true breach of Tzniut. And if I'm already saying this it's a sad state of affairs.

My instagram is basically furniture flippers. But what's a hot Chani?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I consider myself JPF, and I’m upset at what I see on Instagram as well. Number one offenders I think are the sheitel companies showing their ‘hot’ products without even being embarrassed that this is the antithesis of what a wig and frum lady should be about. My job requires me to have Instagram so I checked out the frum sites and was shocked and horrified!

Same problem, every so often I need to go on for work and it’s always a mistake. It brings me down every time
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media