Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Egg free pesach?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:01 pm
Help me feed my picky 1.5 year old that’s allergic to eggs.
We eat pretty basic on pesach usually. I don’t think I would give gebrokts but I will have to ask if necessary.
Please help with ideas.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:04 pm
Can he have almond butter? Dairy?

Lots of cheese sticks, you can make granola bars out of cooked quinoa and nut butter, chicken , soups, potatoes

oneofakind

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:09 pm
French fries
Apple sauce
Cream cheese on matza
Carrot s
Sweet potato s

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:12 pm
oneofakind wrote:
French fries
Apple sauce
Cream cheese on matza
Carrot s
Sweet potato s

This plus string cheese, and yogurt was what I was able to think of.
But he doesn’t really eat matzah well. And doesn’t like chicken/meat. Most times will spit it out.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:13 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Can he have almond butter? Dairy?

Lots of cheese sticks, you can make granola bars out of cooked quinoa and nut butter, chicken , soups, potatoes

Also allergic to peanuts. I haven’t tried other nuts yet. I guess I should and see how that goes.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:17 pm
Does he still nurse? Take a bottle? Do you give him milk or a Step 2 formula?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:21 pm
A drop of nursing. Refuses a bottle. Drinks milk from a cup but only a drop at a time.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:27 pm
Mommy3.5 has a potato kugel recipe.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....27285

Here are some baked goods.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86344

Does your little one like cold cuts or turkey cubes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mommy3.5 has a potato kugel recipe.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....27285

Here are some baked goods.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86344

Does your little one like cold cuts or turkey cubes?

Thanks for the links. I hope to try the kugel.
No he doesn’t like cold cuts...
Yes he is unfortunately a picky eater.
He will eat avocado in bread but not alone

oneofakind

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:04 pm
Fish sticks? Not a health food but maybe just Pesach?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 7:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the links. I hope to try the kugel.
No he doesn’t like cold cuts...
Yes he is unfortunately a picky eater.
He will eat avocado in bread but not alone

Find him a pesach "bread". Even if the rest of the family can't eat processed foods, he should be able to.
When my little one was allergic the rav said I could serve her rice.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 7:49 pm
Try avocodo on matzah.

Also, I've found if you slice a potato and then microwave/ bake it, it's a good base for pesach pizza for kids.

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:02 pm
What does he eat when it's not Pesach?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:11 pm
imasinger wrote:
What does he eat when it's not Pesach?

Bread, granola bars, cereal..
Plus the things I wrote earlier.

ddmom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:34 pm
Make matza brei!
Crack matza in little pcs, add hot water. Fry in oil and put sugar on top or cinnamon an sugar mix.
Delicious and very filling!
Will he eat very soft meatballs? Mix meat with spices and shredded potatoes. Cook in tomato sauce!
Vegetable soup
You can buy anything made with potato starch nowadays, they have crackers, "pasta", "hamburger buns"... LOL

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:27 am
My little guy too - picky and allergies. At least sesame is not an issue for us on pesach! But pesach without eggs and nuts- we thought it would be tricky, but BH managed- lots of yogurt, cheese applesauce, , I don’t remember what else. And he is quite a picky eater.
BH at 5 he passed a baked egg challenge- but he is still allergic to “visible” egg.
Oh yes, he used to eat a lot of chicken and potato. Now he doesn’t eat chicken or meat anymore.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:11 am
Start transitioning now from bread to potatoes. Baked, mashed, fried, whatever. It's obviously not a dietician's dream, but a child can live on potatoes for a week. I would add whatever fruits and vegetables you can get in there, and try meatballs for protein.

Frumme

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:25 am
Does he like fish? Lox, tuna/whitefish salad (eta: use avocado instead of mayo), even baked white fish in a sauce

Fried or baked plantains/plantain chips
Celery with cream cheese and raisins
Sour cream and potatoes
Mushroom soup, chicken soup, butternut squash soup
Sweet potato "toast"

Also apparently chia and flax are kosher for passover so you can experiment with making flax or chia "eggs" and using them in pesach recipes

jfk92

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:26 am
My kid had loads of allergies. Wasnt the pickiest eater though but was allowed kitnityot because it was just impossible without that. Trying to remember pesach.
Breakfast: banana "pancakes"- but no egg. I wet matzah to bind it. Not really a recipe but maade it up. Yogurt w fruit, quinoa/rice. (Allowed by rav) cooked in almond milk w some fruit sort of like a warm cereal. But cold, its like a rice pudding. My ds couldnt have dairy either but if yours can some cheese/cream cheese and pesach crackers w vegetables.

Lunch: chicken/beef mini burgers. I fry them. I never had an issue with them binding without egg. If you do, you can put a little mashed potatoe or matza meal to do. But im always successful without fillers.
Shnitzel- fry/bake w matzomeal or ground almond
Also my little one liked to hold and bite drumsticks. Im not sure if your kid can do this chewing yet. but there was a fun aspect to it for my little one. So id bake a few of those. Some a little sweet some a little savory. Of course he was totally supervised.
I served these things with potatoe/sweet potatoe/carrot fries, and another vegetable usually.
You can also do matza pizza/lasagna and some veg.

Dinner: im lucky my Ds liked fish. Besides gefilte. So he ate salmon or talapia or I made different ways. Talapia I cut into peices coated w almomd milk and fried w potatoe starch or matza meal coating that I spiced a little. Or a veggie "burger" w a potatoe as a base and mixed in whatever veg I could. Or if you can u can make it w cheese. I really tried to use as little matza or potatoe but honestly had not much of a choice. Oh I also did like zucchini fritter types.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 2:09 pm
HUGS! you are a supermom to be dealing with this!!! May Hashem give you strength and great ideas and help your kid be less picky this pesach :-)

You can wrap a sweet potato in tinfoil and bake for an hour or two, it becomes super sweet and super soft - scoop with a spoon. a lot of kids like that.

meatballs are a great option (just leave out the eggs, the balls won't be as fluffy but that's fine)
if he goes for chopped meat then shepherd's pie can work too minus eggs

matzo pizza with ketchup/tomato sauce and melted cheese?

"porridge" - make a 'farina' using matzo meal instead of farina (add small amount to boiling water, stir well until thick and gloppy) - if he likes farina he'll gobble this. we add chocolate chips to melt in. Maybe try feeding him farina now to see if he'll take to the texture.

thinly sliced potatoes with cheese between - I forget what this is called but it bakes together

"riced" potatoes (buy a ricer) might fool him a little?

potato chips and tuna fish (no mayo though... sigh. unless there is KP egg free mayo?)

Hatzlocha!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics