Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Daycare
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:10 pm
I sent two kids to peekaboo for 2 school years and 2 summers each. I was so so happy about everything there! The happy teachers, warm loving atmosphere, breakfast, lunch and snacks, clean spacious beautiful classrooms, playgrounds, and indoor playrooms.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:12 pm
Peekaboo sounds amazing but it is super expensive for private pay

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:45 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
Peekaboo sounds amazing but it is super expensive for private pay

Right I was actually in chs for one of the years and then I sent the next year when I was kicked off bec of eligibility... it got too expensive for me so I don’t send anymore but I would looovvvvee to!!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:13 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
I'm sending to Kidz Place next year
$885 a month private price for my almost 2 year old
Yes its insane but for so many of us it's our only option

I've had a very successful playgroup for years in Boro Park. I moved to Lakewood a year ago.
I'm considering opening a playgroup here.
You think I can ask $750 if I offer these hours? 8:30 to 4:15? I thought the most I can ask is $425..
Just wondering. I won't be licensed.
But parents and kids love me because I truly love them too. I do everything the right way including cleaning help to keep the place clean at all times, warm breakfast and lunch...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:19 am
8:30 to 4:15 is 2 to 3 more hours a day than standard Lakewood playgroups. So at least 200 more a month, at least 550 depending on age, group size etc.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:21 am
If you are going to run as a daycare but be a home based playgroup realize that most daycares are always open- no Chanukah or midwinter vacation, no snow days, I remember years where kidz place was open on erev rh and I think even erev yk for a very short day. No days off between school and camp at the beginning or end of the summer.... Parents who work very full time need this kind of schedule and that is what they are paying so much for.
But yes, as more people have gotten on to chs prices have drastically risen and many new daycares opened. But that's a completely different discussion

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:23 am
$1075 + $975/mo (2 kids) at Kidz Place; 8:30-5:30.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:25 am
Double check if you can get a $4000 tax credit towards legal childcare for the next year... that might make it more affordable.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:30 am
I would imagine you can deduct it. My illegal playgroup morahs allow me to deduct it - they give me their SSN

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:32 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I've had a very successful playgroup for years in Boro Park. I moved to Lakewood a year ago.
You think I can ask $750 if I offer these hours? 8:30 to 4:15? I thought the most I can ask is $425..
But parents and kids love me because I truly love them too. I do everything the right way including cleaning help to keep the place clean at all times, warm breakfast and lunch...

Only if you take CHS. I don’t think you will fill up at that price point. (But maybe - there is sneed it seems)

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:33 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If you are going to run as a daycare but be a home based playgroup realize that most daycares are always open- no Chanukah or midwinter vacation, no snow days, I remember years where kidz place was open on erev rh and I think even erev yk for a very short day. No days off between school and camp at the beginning or end of the summer.... Parents who work very full time need this kind of schedule and that is what they are paying so much for.
But yes, as more people have gotten on to chs prices have drastically risen and many new daycares opened. But that's a completely different discussion

Good points. Thanks for your time to post this!

#BestBubby

amother [ Plum ] wrote:
$1075 + $975/mo (2 kids) at Kidz Place; 8:30-5:30.

Throw the tomatoes, but I'll say it anyway - so sad that kids are in daycare nearly
every waking hour. Sad

amother
Azure

amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
8:30 to 4:15 is 2 to 3 more hours a day than standard Lakewood playgroups. So at least 200 more a month, at least 550 depending on age, group size etc.

right, got it, thanks for your time!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I would imagine you can deduct it. My illegal playgroup morahs allow me to deduct it - they give me their SSN

Does the morah file taxes for the tuition you pay her?
I'd love to hear more of how this works.
Parents always used to ask me if I can give them a receipt to get a tax deductible..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:37 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

You can charge that price if you have long hours, you are open every work day (the only work days peekaboo was closed were tisha baav, wren pesach and Labor Day- that’s the day between camp and school) meaning you will not close for mid winter vacation/ chanukah/ isru chag... also you should serve breakfast lunch and snack. You provide pack n plays for the kids..
The legal daycares charge so much also because they have beautiful buildings with lots of toys and playrooms and the licensing cost. Also my 2 year old has 4 morahs in the classroom of 12 kids.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Does the morah file taxes for the tuition you pay her?
I'd love to hear more of how this works.
Parents always used to ask me if I can give them a receipt to get a tax deductible..

Yes. I’ve been surprised bec I’ve worked with many morahs. Most pay taxes on their income. They don’t give me receipt. I really have canceled checks if I need.
I believe if I use their SSN their income has to match the ppl claiming the deduction.
The morahs this year told me they got unemployment during covid bec they always filed taxes.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
You can charge that price if you have long hours, you are open every work day (the only work days peekaboo was closed were tisha baav, wren pesach and Labor Day- that’s the day between camp and school) meaning you will not close for mid winter vacation/ chanukah/ isru chag... also you should serve breakfast lunch and snack. You provide pack n plays for the kids..
The legal daycares charge so much also because they have beautiful buildings with lots of toys and playrooms and the licensing cost. Also my 2 year old has 4 morahs in the classroom of 12 kids.

In Peekaboo it is two Morahs for 2 year olds - I think for 15 kids.

For babies it is 1 Morah for 4 babies.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:41 am
Only if you take CHS. I don’t think you will fill up at that price point. (But maybe - there is sneed it seems)

right..
but I'm tempted to add the extra hours to earn more.. or even to have a smaller group..
I'm looking to keep it to a group of max 12. but I would even start with a group of 5. I enjoy the job, they're cute toddlers so it's not just the money and to have a full class. Rather less kids and earn more per kid.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:47 am

I think this is part of the new stimulus bill and it's a credit, not a deduction. Straight money in your pocket.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:47 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Throw the tomatoes, but I'll say it anyway - so sad that kids are in daycare nearly
every waking hour. Sad

The range of hours is probably to accommodate different parents' schedules. The daycare I've used for my kids is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., but in all the years we've used it for multiple kids, I've never seen or heard about a single child who was present for the entire time or very close to it.

That may be small consolation to you, if you think daycare is so terrible, but I wanted to clarify anyway.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries