Home

I've got several children with special needs. AMA
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:39 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I basically asked this because I sometimes feel that I as someone who got the asd should never been born

First of all, there are levels of functioning. It is a very wide spectrum from very typical high functioning children to very low functioning kids.
Chas Vsholem to say that they should've never be born. All children are special in their own way and add alot of quality to this world, even the very low functioning people.
They teach us to be grateful for what we have, they are usually very grateful for everything and voice it or show it, they give us the opportunity to be sensitive to others, have empathy and do chesed. They teach us so many lessons in life.

In my case it's very mild bh, they look and act very typical (while they're on their medication). No one would know.

amother

Moccasin

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:19 am
OP, you are an inspiration! How do your non-special needs children deal with their SN siblings? Are they jealous of extra attention SN sibs get?

amother

OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:43 pm
we make sure to give them anough attention.
We also tell them that life isn't divided evenly, everyone gets what they need...
Is it a challenge? absolutely. we ask for Sayta Dishmaya to know what to do and it shouldn't effect them negatively.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Recent Topics

Page 7 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h