Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What is this letter from IRS? second economic impact payment

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:36 pm
I just received a letter from the IRS and I have no idea what its talking about. I tried googling it but im still confused.
It says "The US Department of the treasury issued you a second economic impact payment (EIP2) as provided by the covid related Tax Relief Act of 2020. A payment in the amount of $1800 was issued by direct deposit"

I already got the first 2 stimulus checks, so what is this?

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:45 pm
Another stimulus check has recently been approved. ( read other threads about it)

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:48 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Another stimulus check has recently been approved. ( read other threads about it)

I know but this doesnt sound like its the third one... if it is then 1800 doesnt make sense, I should be getting more

Just One

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:49 pm
That letter is most likely referring to the second stimulus payment. (The first time around we also got a letter about funds to be deposited several weeks after we had already gotten the money) Are there three people in your family?

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:53 pm
Just One wrote:
That letter is most likely referring to the second stimulus payment. (The first time around we also got a letter about funds to be deposited several weeks after we had already gotten the money) Are there three people in your family?

yes. really 4 but they dont know about the baby yet. (wondering if I will still get first and second stimulus money for her)
We got the 1800 in December. So why are they sending a letter about it dated March 12?

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:54 pm
It's referring to the previous $600 payment, we got the same letter over shabbat

Just One

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:58 pm
shani1 wrote:
yes. really 4 but they dont know about the baby yet. (wondering if I will still get first and second stimulus money for her)
We got the 1800 in December. So why are they sending a letter about it dated March 12?

It was only approved in January
The IRS isn't set up for this. Things aren't very organized

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:03 pm
Ok that makes sense. Thanks everyone
Did anyone else have a baby in 2020 and not get stimulus money for the baby?
My accountant said when I file taxes I will get it for her. Just got my tax returns and no stimulus money for her in there

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:04 pm
shani1 wrote:
My accountant said when I file taxes I will get it for her. Just got my tax returns and no stimulus money for her in there

It should be $1100 I think. 500 from the first check and 600 from the second

Just One

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:21 pm
shani1 wrote:
It should be $1100 I think. 500 from the first check and 600 from the second

Did you include proof of incorrect stimulus amount (like bank statements showing stimulus amt for just 1 dependent)?

Speak to you accountant again about how to rectify this

Frumme

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:50 pm
shani1 wrote:
I just received a letter from the IRS and I have no idea what its talking about. I tried googling it but im still confused.
It says "The US Department of the treasury issued you a second economic impact payment (EIP2) as provided by the covid related Tax Relief Act of 2020. A payment in the amount of $1800 was issued by direct deposit"

I already got the first 2 stimulus checks, so what is this?

It's like a receipt. It's to make sure that the right person received what they were supposed to receive.

Frumme

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 10:53 pm
shani1 wrote:

I had a baby in 2020. We claimed her on our taxes and received the correct amount. We used the free Turbotax tool and at the end there were questions that guided us to request our missing stimulus check amount.

Did you go through an accountant or did you do it yourself?

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:40 pm
Frumme wrote:
I had a baby in 2020. We claimed her on our taxes and received the correct amount. We used the free Turbotax tool and at the end there were questions that guided us to request our missing stimulus check amount.

Did you go through an accountant or did you do it yourself?

We used an accountant. He said when we claim her we will get the missing stimulus money. But all I saw on the tax returns was the 2k child tax credit

shani1

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:41 pm
Just One wrote:
Did you include proof of incorrect stimulus amount (like bank statements showing stimulus amt for just 1 dependent)?

Speak to you accountant again about how to rectify this

oh I didnt know we had to do that. I will call the accountant
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics