Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
ENTP or INFP?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 10:40 am
I get different results when I take the MBTI tests.

I'm more into the enneagram, but I see that MBTI has some more nitty gritty practical applications in relationships and work. On the enneagram I'm something like a 4-5-6, leaning more to 6.

Thoughts?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 10:55 am
Take the one here. Post your percentages. Take it a couple of times, maybe a few days apart. You might not have been answering things consistently or you're on the cusp of a couple of things.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cg.....2.asp

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:13 am
Instead of taking tests, why dont you read up on it (or watch videos)? You get more of an understanding.

My husband is a 5 and an infp. But I can see how someone would think him an entp. Also, he's very very N and P but with the I/E and F/T , he's more to the middle of the scale.

(That looks like a different language LOL )

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I get different results when I take the MBTI tests.

I'm more into the enneagram, but I see that MBTI has some more nitty gritty practical applications in relationships and work. On the enneagram I'm something like a 4-5-6, leaning more to 6.

Thoughts?

I'm also more into the Enneagram..I actually find that the enneagram has more practical applications for me. The problem with MBTI is that everyone is a spectrum of each thing.
So I am Introvert not E, but perhaps 60-40...you can be near balanced in all of the traits so its hard to peg.
The enneagram, imho is so much easier because you are loking at motives and a whole personality type. The wings help us identify related traits.

I think you need to work out if you are F or T if you want to go with Meyers Briggs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Take the one here. Post your percentages. Take it a couple of times, maybe a few days apart. You might not have been answering things consistently or you're on the cusp of a couple of things.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cg.....2.asp

LOL, looks like today I'm an ENFP:

ENFP
Extravert(6%) iNtuitive(28%) Feeling(44%) Perceiving(22%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (6%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (28%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (44%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 2:07 pm
This is totally me:
Quote:
ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

But other than that, I'm much more quiet, serious, and less energetic than this description.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 2:27 pm
When you look at the percentages if you're slighlty more one than the other than your not solid that trait so the description won't bw perfect.

According to this test, the only thing I'm solid on is the T. Everything else, I'm very close which depends on the situation makes me one over the other.

#ibelieve

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 3:04 pm
im a 6 and an I/enfj
I find that the enneagrams works better for me. didn't relate much to the Meyer brigs

tigerwife

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 3:17 pm
I’ve gotten ENFP and INFP, I guess depending on how social I feel that day 😆
My extrovert/ introvert percentages are almost 50/50.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 3:42 pm
Sigh. I'm trying to figure out work and relationship stuff and thought this would help. Oh well...here's to not being pin-down-able.

#ibelieve

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sigh. I'm trying to figure out work and relationship stuff and thought this would help. Oh well...here's to not being pin-down-able.

sixes are complicating- dont mean that in a bad way, im a six myself

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 3:50 pm
#ibelieve wrote:
sixes are complicating- dont mean that in a bad way, im a six myself

So true King we rock

#ibelieve

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So true King we rock

lol

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:07 pm
#ibelieve wrote:

I find that the enneagrams works better for me. didn't relate much to the Meyer brigs

Same. Also, Meyers Briggs claims to help you choose your carreer but practically speaki g has limited relevance.

And like others said, sixes are complicating because they are full of contradictuons.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:11 pm
I'm trying to figure out if I'm more logical or emotional in relationships, stuff like that.

If I'm in a relationship with an INFJ and we have a disagreement, how to understand it

Etc.

Also work. Why are certain things hard for me, how to find a place in the workplace that will be easiest for me, etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:13 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Instead of taking tests, why dont you read up on it (or watch videos)? You get more of an understanding.

My husband is a 5 and an infp. But I can see how someone would think him an entp. Also, he's very very N and P but with the I/E and F/T , he's more to the middle of the scale.

(That looks like a different language LOL )

I think I started the Miriam Adahan book but didn't get very far, it was just too complicated. Enneagram is so much more intuitive, no pun intended.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 6:07 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I’ve gotten ENFP and INFP, I guess depending on how social I feel that day 😆
My extrovert/ introvert percentages are almost 50/50.

Me too! I always considered myself an introvert, but have been getting more ENFP than INFP results in recent years. The last time I took it was through the site 16personalities.com. The profile for ENFP really matched me. Apparently it’s one of the more introverted of the extroverted types.

My enneagram is 4w5.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 7:06 pm
So if you’re under stress then you’re likely to flip to your opposite. Try answering based on how you feel when you’re calm and happy.
Also I’m not sure why you’re using a quiz instead of figuring it out for yourself. Are you an introvert? Most people can figure that out on their own. Personally I flip flop between f and t all the time and I don’t know how legit the distinction between them really is. But introversion and extroversion are quite different.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if I'm more logical or emotional in relationships, stuff like that.

If I'm in a relationship with an INFJ and we have a disagreement, how to understand it

Etc.

Also work. Why are certain things hard for me, how to find a place in the workplace that will be easiest for me, etc.
Read up on both of them then. You’re likely a different alphabet soup at different times. It depends what your mood is that day, your relationship with the other person, how stressed you are. Etc etc

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 7:59 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
So if you’re under stress then you’re likely to flip to your opposite. Try answering based on how you feel when you’re calm and happy.
Also I’m not sure why you’re using a quiz instead of figuring it out for yourself. Are you an introvert? Most people can figure that out on their own. Personally I flip flop between f and t all the time and I don’t know how legit the distinction between them really is. But introversion and extroversion are quite different.

I think I'm an ambivert
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics