Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for an amazing psychiatrist. Dr Hizami?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 12:45 pm
I need to find an excellent dr for my teenage daughter, one that can really find exactly what the problem is and best way to help her.
I don't want to have to try here and there.
Willing to pay for the right one.
Brooklyn, manhatten location. Please share your experience.
I heard of Dr. Hizami.
Dr nudman (nyc)
Dr johanna rusk.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:06 pm
Dr Hizami is great at diagnosing.
He accurately diagnosed my teen.

There are other areas I disagree with him. I do think he's great at pinpointing what the issue is.

Nice2MeetU

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:29 pm
I had a negative experience with Dr Hizami many years ago and I have heard similar stories from others (both diagnostically and personality-wise). I recently spoke to a referral agency who said they no longer recommend him.

I found Dr Nudman to be great. His bedside manner can be a problem sometimes. And once he forms an opinion he’s unlikely to re-evaluate with an open mind.

Good luck!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:34 pm
If you are prepared to go to Long Island, Dr. Rahil Jummani is excellent. I've been using him for many years for multiple kids and couldn't find a more competent, caring physician.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 2:37 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I had a negative experience with Dr Hizami many years ago and I have heard similar stories from others (both diagnostically and personality-wise). I recently spoke to a referral agency who said they no longer recommend him.

I found Dr Nudman to be great. His bedside manner can be a problem sometimes. And once he forms an opinion he’s unlikely to re-evaluate with an open mind.

Good luck!

I think Dr Hizami can seem a bit rude/tactless but he's a great diagnostician and truly cares about his patients. I personally had a great experience with him and know 2 other people personally who use him and are very happy. I'm not sure which organizations have stopped sending people to him but I've never heard that.
I think he gets some bad reviews because he's honest and will tell a parent/client exactly what the problem is without sugarcoating it and that can cause some people to get upset when they hear something they don't want to hear.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 2:46 pm
My young adult daughter just started seeing Dr Jacob Messing in Manhattan. (Actually, he’s still virtual). She’s been to several that she wasn’t happy with (including Joanna Rusk mentioned above who’s an NP, not MD I believe), but she really likes Dr Messing. I’ve spoken with him as well and he seems really kind and caring and intelligent. I hope he’s the right shaliach for us and that you find the right one as well. Good luck.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:15 pm
An other thumb down for doctor hizami. True he is very competent and has a good diagnosis, but poor bedside manners. And when you are dealing with a teen facing a life long mental illness, you do need to sugarcoat your words!

Nice2MeetU

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 4:38 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I think Dr Hizami can seem a bit rude/tactless but he's a great diagnostician and truly cares about his patients. I personally had a great experience with him and know 2 other people personally who use him and are very happy. I'm not sure which organizations have stopped sending people to him but I've never heard that.
I think he gets some bad reviews because he's honest and will tell a parent/client exactly what the problem is without sugarcoating it and that can cause some people to get upset when they hear something they don't want to hear.

My issue with Hizami was not his tactlessness (although I think that’s a serious issue-especially with teenagers who may be forming their first opinion of mental health professionals in general) but rather medical. I know lots of people who are happy with him as well. I would just caution you to keep a close eye if you decide to use him; if something doesn’t seem right, or he doesn’t seem to be taking certain concerns seriously, go for another opinion.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 10:46 pm
Dr. Meredith Weiss is amazing, we use her for my teenage daughter. She was recommended by Relief and we are very happy with her. She is highly skilled and very caring and compassionate.
Offices in Englewood and NYC, but now working virtually only.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:23 am
Nice2MeetU wrote:

Good luck!

Would love to hear wich agency.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 8:54 am
Just began working with Dr Halena Rothbort in cedarhurst.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

I agree with this.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 10:47 am
Nice2MeetU wrote:
My issue with Hizami was not his tactlessness (although I think that’s a serious issue-especially with teenagers who may be forming their first opinion of mental health professionals in general) but rather medical. I know lots of people who are happy with him as well. I would just caution you to keep a close eye if you decide to use him; if something doesn’t seem right, or he doesn’t seem to be taking certain concerns seriously, go for another opinion.

I would think this to be true of any psychiatrist you see.

I would also say, his bedside manner with my teen daughter was actually excellent. Except that she didn't find his jokes to be so funny, but he definitely tried to keep things positive.

It's very painful for a normal, healthy teen to suddenly develop symptoms and find out she has a life-long psychiatric illness. I've gone thru this as a parent, and it was the most painful and difficult time of my life. Maybe similar to finding out your child has any serious illness, including cancer ch'v. I highly recommend getting therapy for yourself, and for your teen. With the right support, your child can live a very normal life (mine does, but it was definitely a challenging road.)

oneofakind

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 2:53 pm
Dr. Rothbort

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:58 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Just began working with Dr Halena Rothbort in cedarhurst.

Yes she was recomended to.me, called.her office.today, no way we can afford her fee $$$$$$$

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:01 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Dr. Rothbort

Op here again.
How do you guys afford.her?
O planned to use her and had little money saved aside bit when she told me her price today I said I can't do that. I jsut don't have the money for her.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:21 pm
All the good ones take cash

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 6:47 pm
What about dr serobiyan?
Anyone used her, is she good with teens and or adult diagnosis?

How is dr hizami with diagnosing women, wondering if he is good.
I have probably some combo of depression, anxiety and some personality disorders. I would love to get a good accurate diagnosis.
What is your experience?

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Apr 17 2021, 10:17 pm
Parinda parikh
Most good ones only take cash
Comfort health and ujo have some reimbursement funds for psychiatric evaluations.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:31 pm
Can I ask how much Dr. Rothbort charges for initial consultation and follow ups?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics