Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Is soferet still around

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 2:41 pm
I sent an email to request to join ages ago and nothing..

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 2:51 pm
Yes it’s around. I left back in December because I wasn’t keeping up with all their mail. Try again maybe?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 3:48 pm
Definitely still extremely active. I get many emails every day!

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:19 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Definitely still extremely active. I get many emails every day!

Same here.

nourishkeit

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 9:40 am
To join Soferet, send an email to soferet+subscribe@googlegroups.com

If you have a problem, contact me at yocheved.frischman@gmail.com

Soferet turns 10 this May!! We have over 1,200 members!

Yocheved
Soferet Group Hostess

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 4:27 pm
Is soferet just for writers or also illustrators?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 4:31 pm
What is soferet?

nourishkeit

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:02 pm
Soferet is a forum for writers, editors, translators, graphic designers and typesetters, proofreaders, and all - men and women - who work in the frum publishing world.

It's about perfecting the writing craft as well as building a business in publishing, rates, jobs available, discussing all sorts of things having to do with working in the frum publishing world.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:18 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Is soferet just for writers or also illustrators?

Anyone involved in book publishing can join. Most of the discussions involve writing, but not all. And you're of course welcome to post whatever is on your mind regarding illustrating and get feedback and suggestions.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:45 pm
nourishkeit wrote:
Soferet is a forum for writers, editors, translators, graphic designers and typesetters, proofreaders, and all - men and women - who work in the frum publishing world.

It's about perfecting the writing craft as well as building a business in publishing, rates, jobs available, discussing all sorts of things having to do with working in the frum publishing world.

Not sure if there’s anything there for me . Maybe you can help me out. I’m a long time writing teacher. I love writing and imho write very well. I would love to do more with my writing but not sure what. I need some direction ( I can’t just crdate a story line out of thin air but can write a beautiful story when given the idea/ basic plot.)

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:15 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Not sure if there’s anything there for me . Maybe you can help me out. I’m a long time writing teacher. I love writing and imho write very well. I would love to do more with my writing but not sure what. I need some direction ( I can’t just crdate a story line out of thin air but can write a beautiful story when given the idea/ basic plot.)

Sounds like you'd qualify. If it doesn't seem useful you can always unsub. Hatzlacha!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Anyone involved in book publishing can join. Most of the discussions involve writing, but not all. And you're of course welcome to post whatever is on your mind regarding illustrating and get feedback and suggestions.
Thanks!

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
Sounds like you'd qualify. If it doesn't seem useful you can always unsub. Hatzlacha!

Can I find job opportunities there? Freelance?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club