Home

Boro Park "Y" Admin tells people the "Y" wasnt sold, why?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:43 pm
Why is the Boro Park "Y" Admin telling people the "Y" wasnt sold?

Some Admin member just said TODAY that the Y wasnt sold.

But read this:

As BP24 has reported in the past, the Bobov-45 chassidus,—which has recently completed a massive building to house their fast-growing girls school, and is in the advanced stages of construction of their Talmud Torah—has purchased the enormous Boro Park Y Building, at the corner of Fourteenth Avenue and 49th Street, for the purpose of building a gigantic center of Torah, tefillah, and chassidus, in the center of Boro Park. [The building will occupy the entire length of the 14th Avenue, between 49th and 50th Streets, and will take up close to half a square block altogether. As they prepare to break ground, the Rebbe has called together the entire kehilla from throughout the Tri-State area for a mass asifah in Boro Park, Wednesday evening, where plans will be laid out, and where the Rebbe Shlit”a will put forth the vision for a bright future for this burgeoning kehillah in Boro Park.

https://boropark24.com/news/ma.....lit-a

Why is the "Y" denying that it was sold?

They cant both be right.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:46 pm
No purchase was finalized.

"is set to complete the purchase of a large property in the center of Boro Park"

They probably need a Yom Tefilla for help with negotiations. Laugh
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:48 pm
AFAIK bobov needs to build a replacement with a pool and all. Even if they do it it’s gonna be a while.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
No purchase was finalized.

"is set to complete the purchase of a large property in the center of Boro Park"

They probably need a Yom Tefilla for help with negotiations. Laugh


has purchased the enormous Boro Park Y Building

Thats past tense.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:52 pm
I just checked acris, it doesnt look like the building was sold but if it was then the documents werent officially filed yet.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:52 pm
I heard it fell through because the Y plans weren't approved.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
has purchased the enormous Boro Park Y Building

Thats past tense.

These are the actual words of the current article.

Massive Gathering for Future of Bobov-45 Chassidus, Headlined by Rebbe Shlit”a

Mar 16 2021
10:56 AM

Massive Gathering for Future of Bobov-45 Chassidus, Headlined by Rebbe Shlit”a
As BP24 has reported in the past, the Bobov-45 chassidus,—which has recently completed a massive building to house their fast-growing girls school, and is in the advanced stages of construction of their Talmud Torah—is set to complete the purchase of a large property in the center of Boro Park, for the purpose of building a gigantic center of Torah, tefillah, and chassidus, in the center of Boro Park.

The building will occupy the entire length of the 14th Avenue, between 49th and 50th Streets, and will take up close to half a square block altogether.

As they prepare to break ground, the Rebbe has called together the entire kehilla from throughout the Tri-State area for a mass asifah in Boro Park, Wednesday evening, where plans will be laid out, and where the Rebbe Shlit”a will put forth the vision for a bright future for this burgeoning kehillah in Boro Park.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
These are the actual words of the current article.

Massive Gathering for Future of Bobov-45 Chassidus, Headlined by Rebbe Shlit”a

Mar 16 2021
10:56 AM

Massive Gathering for Future of Bobov-45 Chassidus, Headlined by Rebbe Shlit”a
As BP24 has reported in the past, the Bobov-45 chassidus,—which has recently completed a massive building to house their fast-growing girls school, and is in the advanced stages of construction of their Talmud Torah—is set to complete the purchase of a large property in the center of Boro Park, for the purpose of building a gigantic center of Torah, tefillah, and chassidus, in the center of Boro Park.

The building will occupy the entire length of the 14th Avenue, between 49th and 50th Streets, and will take up close to half a square block altogether.

As they prepare to break ground, the Rebbe has called together the entire kehilla from throughout the Tri-State area for a mass asifah in Boro Park, Wednesday evening, where plans will be laid out, and where the Rebbe Shlit”a will put forth the vision for a bright future for this burgeoning kehillah in Boro Park.


Not on BP24. where it says purchased.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:23 pm
No offense but I wouldn’t really call BP24 a reliable. Source.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:25 pm
Einikel wrote:
No offense but I wouldn’t really call BP24 a reliable. Source.


How about Yeshivaworld?

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How about Yeshivaworld?

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html


Well the yeshiva world article is from 2019 and said bobov45 signed a deal TO purchase, key word is TO
Back to top

professor




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:39 pm
Why the “Y” whyyyyyy

Sorry I just had to. OK, everybody, carry on
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:40 pm
It seems only the real insiders know whats really going on. Everyone else is just guessing and reading into words in an article..
Back to top

amother




Royalblue
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:41 pm
What’s the purpose of the asifa?
Are they raising money from their kehilla?
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 10:55 pm
From what I heard from kehilla hock there are many requirements in their agreement before the sale goes through, the Y is not officially sold to them before they do a bunch of things so that’s why they prob won’t acknowledge it. And bobov 48 is hoping the sale will fall through as they don’t want the new complex right on their corner.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
From what I heard from kehilla hock there are many requirements in their agreement before the sale goes through, the Y is not officially sold to them before they do a bunch of things so that’s why they prob won’t acknowledge it. And bobov 48 is hoping the sale will fall through as they don’t want the new complex right on their corner.


You mean Bobov 48 girl school?

Bobov 45 Shul will be near Bobov 48 girls school (former Menorah) anyhow, because the Bobov 45 property was already paid for.

So whats the difference if Bobov 45 has the "Y" too?
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You mean Bobov 48 girl school?

Bobov 45 Shul will be near Bobov 48 girls school (former Menorah) anyhow, because the Bobov 45 property was already paid for.

So whats the difference if Bobov 45 has the "Y" too?

It makes a difference when it’s the entire half a block facing them, sharing a street etc instead of one facing 50 and one facing 49 as it was until now. For ex weddings, buses....
Whatever, I don’t really care, just passing on what I heard...
Back to top

happyone




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 11:34 pm
omg!! who really cares here?
Back to top

amother




Pewter
 

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 3:42 am
Could a Mod change the title please? Surely it should read


Boro Park "Y" Admin tells people the "Y" wasnt sold, "Y"?
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 3:46 am
happyone wrote:
omg!! who really cares here?

Boro Parkers who have Y memberships, presumably.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How many people here got pregnant after second vaccine dose?
by amother
1 Today at 1:58 pm View last post
Golden Flow Heavy Cream - Boro Park
by Lovable
0 Yesterday at 4:36 pm View last post
Whats A "Tiffany Bracelet" for teens
by amother
22 Yesterday at 4:25 pm View last post
Defective Pfizer vaccines given to people
by amother
4 Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:05 pm View last post
Place in BP that dyes Sheitels, w "Artistry" in the name?
by amother
1 Mon, Jun 14 2021, 2:03 pm View last post