Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money to start cooking:( UPDATE
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:41 am
Just a vent.
DH is waiting for a check from someone. Every day it’s tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. We desperately need that money. Right now I have $21 in my account and all CC’s are maxed out. I can’t start cooking, I have no way to buy ingredients and I’m really starting to panic:(
My older kids want new clothes for pesach and I keep on telling them imyh tomorrow we’ll go shopping:(

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:43 am
Are you located in the US?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:48 am
Zehava wrote:
Are you located in the US?

Nope.

trixx

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:48 am
I am happy to venmo or cashapp or PayPal my maos chittin money directly to you, knowing it's going straight to a recipient that it will make a difference for. Pls don't be embarrassed to pm.

Edit I see you're not in us, I think even PayPal should still work.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:52 am
Are you in Canada? I can help.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:54 am
trixx wrote:
I am happy to venmo or cashapp or PayPal my maos chittin money directly to you, knowing it's going straight to a recipient that it will make a difference for. Pls don't be embarrassed to pm.

Edit I see you're not in us, I think even PayPal should still work.

Thank you, but I really don’t feel comfortable taking any money... it is bh a large check... the problem is waiting for it:( and hoping it will actually come before pesach...

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 8:58 am
What's the hold up? Does the person who promised you money not have it, or are they not getting around to sending it?

Are they Jewish?

mom!

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:02 am
I don’t have practical advice for you but I do want to tell you that I am in awe. What a stressful situation to be in!! Wishing you and your family and beautiful and enjoyable yomtov!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you, but I really don’t feel comfortable taking any money... it is bh a large check... the problem is waiting for it:( and hoping it will actually come before pesach...
What if you take trixx’s money, and when your check comes through you donate it to a worthy family. That is super stressful Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:07 am
imasinger wrote:
What's the hold up? Does the person who promised you money not have it, or are they not getting around to sending it?

Are they Jewish?

We’re liquidating an investment... it was supposed to be a 24 hour transaction... and it’s just dragging on for 3 weeks already.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:07 am
Heart is there a food distribution in your community that gives food for pesach?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:09 am
Are you comfortable accepting Paypal as a loan?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
What if you take trixx’s money, and when your check comes through you donate it to a worthy family. That is super stressful Sad

This is a great idea!

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just a vent.
DH is waiting for a check from someone. Every day it’s tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. We desperately need that money. Right now I have $21 in my account and all CC’s are maxed out. I can’t start cooking, I have no way to buy ingredients and I’m really starting to panic:(
My older kids want new clothes for pesach and I keep on telling them imyh tomorrow we’ll go shopping:(

Do you live in the US? will you be getting the stimulus money?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:42 am
Hatzlacha. May you see yeshuos, beyond this yom tov, b'karov and enjoy yom tov fully!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 10:13 am
I feel for you op! Before purim I was crying to dh that I can't even use cc for mm and stuff because there all maxed out! Hugs Heart may this be your hardest times!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 10:25 am
Amen!

Thanks everyone for your offers and suggestions. It’s ok though, we will be ok. We always are in the end:) Hashem has our back. I just need to vent sometimes and I don’t like to stress DH out more than he already is by venting to him so I came here. Imyh it will all be good.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 1:38 pm
Hatzlacha OP. Been there. Hope the check comes through today. Will daven for you!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 2:37 pm
Op what is ur address? I want to send u a check. I just got a Huge stimulus check.

Last year succos I couldn’t get food or clothes and 2 generous people on here each gave me $300. It literally saved our yom tov so I want to give back and give u

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 2:47 pm
Wow. I'm sitting here bawling. Klal yisrael, you are just beyond!!!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics