Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Do any NY area Burlington Stores not have insane lines
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:22 pm
Why are there outrageous lines at Burlington Dept Stores cash registers, like no other store in the entire New York?

The lines wind around the cash register area, with customers waiting to pay for up to an hour, maybe more, in most of their NY stores, with little or no social distancing.

How do they get away with this?

This is gross mismanagement.

They do offer hand sanitizer.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why are there outrageous lines at Burlington Dept Stores cash registers, like no other store in the entire New York?

The lines wind around the cash register area, wwith customers waiting to pay for 45 minutes to an hour in most of their NY stores, with little or no social distancing.

Thanks.

Why are you asking here, do you think we run Burlington Coat Factory?

hodeez

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:26 pm
I was there around XMAS time and the line was so incredibly long. I thought it was just the season, surprised it's still the case.

hodeez

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Why are you asking here, do you think we run Burlington Coat Factory?

My goodness what is this website ???? Let an irritated woman vent for gds sake!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:36 pm
Are you bothered by how long you take to wait, or the lack of social distancing?

Social distancing by now seems to be a lost cause. The most you can do is wear a mask and try to maintain some distance yourself. And get vaccinated as soon as you can.

If the long waiting period is a regular thing, there probably isn't much to do about it. The company seem to be of the opinion that it isn't hurting their sales - so the consumer can just put up with it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The lines wind around the cash register area, wwith customers waiting to pay for 45 minutes to an hour in most of their NY stores, with little or no social distancing.

Thanks.

I am totally with you! So bothered by their lines still way before covid-19. I end up thinking a few times if the item is worth the hour wait.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:39 pm
It's always been that way, the line moves super slow. They have so many cashiers open I don't understand the hold up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:40 pm
Im considering calling 311 or something but I dont want to be traced. Any ideas?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im considering calling 311 or something but I dont want to be traced. Any ideas?

311 is anonymous.

boat

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:50 pm
That store is designed to make people move slowly. You would also work slowly after being in that stuffy headachey place all day!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:02 pm
I also find that in their stores elsewhere. I think they don't hire enough cashiers and there are longer processing times per customer since so many do layaways. There may also be poor training so that their cashiers aren't as efficient as elsewhere.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:05 pm
I just called 311. If others call too, we may see a change.

It takes a very short time on 311.

its a waste of time on line for an hour AND unhealthy to be packed in so close w others for so long.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:43 pm
You choose to shop in their store. For years I skipped Walmart and paid higher prices at the Target across the road to avoid waiting on line for 20-40 minutes to buy a bottle of detergent. Apparently others did the same because Walmart introduced self checkout and got me back as a customer. You can’t change a stores mentality. You can either choose to put up with it or avoid it. Getting stressed out about it is not an effective approach.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You choose to shop in their store. For years I skipped Walmart and paid higher prices at the Target across the road to avoid waiting on line for 20-40 minutes to buy a bottle of detergent. Apparently others did the same because Walmart introduced self checkout and got me back as a customer. You can’t change a stores mentality. You can either choose to put up with it or avoid it. Getting stressed out about it is not an effective approach.

Calling 311 and encouraging others to do the same, isnt exactly like getting so distraught that I need therapy. Thats all Ill do about this issue, trust me. It took 5 minutes or less.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 6:36 pm
H&M is the same bad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:00 pm
Has anyone discovered any NY area Burlington Stores that have acceptable lines (less than an hour)?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:54 pm
Isn't 311 for problems the city can resolve? As far as I know, Burlington is not a city agency

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:18 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Isn't 311 for problems the city can resolve? As far as I know, Burlington is not a city agency

I forgot about 311 a long time ago, now I just want a Burlington that has a line that takes less than an hour. But I think the city is still into social distancing, which isnt happening on Burlington lines, which I thought about, and its not for me to attend to.

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:22 pm
Burlington always had long lines.... prepandemic too.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:01 pm
I actually just went there tonight around 10:00pm, the kings plaza one. The line was 10 minutes. They close at midnight.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries