Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I only have one fridge.
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 4:58 pm
How will I manage switching to pesach???

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:03 pm
Seal anything that you can't keep in freezer or shelf into double Ziplocs, mark that shelf off limits, maybe with masking tape

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:11 pm
Do so many people really have more than one fridge that this is even a thing?

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:14 pm
Use up what you can. Throw out condiments that are almost empty. Bag up anything left and label it well and leave it at the back of the fridge or condense everything left into the door and tape newspaper up to hide it from sight.

If you have any neighbors or friends nearby who are going away for Pesach, you can ask them if you can store some things in their fridge until after Pesach.

Do you have room for a little dorm fridge? Maybe you could borrow or buy one to store the non Pesachdik items in some out of the way place.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

I thought this post was sarcastic.

librarygirl

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:15 pm
Last year I rented a fridge from rent a center

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:16 pm
OP, most people in the world only have one fridge Smile
We usually leave one shelf or one half a shelf with whatever chametz stuff we would rather not throw out.
If that does not work for you, then throw out and start from scratch again after pesach.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:18 pm
Most fruits and vegetables are fine at room temperature, eggs too. That really saves alot of space.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:25 pm
So do I. Clean it out. Take a clean cardboard box and cut to size. Hold any chometz there that you still need for the next week and place back into refrigerator.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:27 pm
We clean well and put any chametz we're selling in the veggie drawer and tape shut.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
In the us people often do. I don’t though. Some people have 2 combination fridge/freezers plus multiple stand alone freezers. People tend to have bigger homes in the us (outside of Brooklyn at least) and so there’s room for extra appliances. But there’s plenty of people that don’t have.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:31 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Most fruits and vegetables are fine at room temperature, eggs too. That really saves alot of space.

A lot of sauces and condiments that you normally keep in the fridge do must fine out of the fridge for a week or so. Especially this year when Pesach is early and it will e fairly cold. I've never had more than one fridge. Finish or throw out mayonnaise and anything else that is seriously perishable. Keep the rest in a box for the week. They'll be fine.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:56 pm
Elfrida wrote:
A lot of sauces and condiments that you normally keep in the fridge do must fine out of the fridge for a week or so. Especially this year when Pesach is early and it will e fairly cold. I've never had more than one fridge. Finish or throw out mayonnaise and anything else that is seriously perishable. Keep the rest in a box for the week. They'll be fine.

I do this too.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 6:32 pm
If the weather is right you can store most fridge items outside.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 6:44 pm
Elfrida wrote:

ITA, with the one suggestion that commercial mayo is shelf stable. We actually never refrigerate mayo except for Pesach, when I make my own.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 6:48 pm
Ketchup, soysauce, other sauces, potatoes and onions are all fine not being refrigerated although I usually do.
Eggs and fruits aren't chometz. What else do you keep in your fridge?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 6:59 pm
Potatoes and onions aren’t meant to be stored in the fridge. They do better in dry dark storage.

Teomima

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So do I. Clean it out. Take a clean cardboard box and cut to size. Hold any chometz there that you still need for the next week and place back into refrigerator.

I love this idea! Usually I use plastic and tape to barrier off one section of the fridge with the chametz, but this is so much better! Thank you for the great tip, prepping the fridge is going to be a lot easier now.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:42 pm
Teomima wrote:
I love this idea! Usually I use plastic and tape to barrier off one section of the fridge with the chametz, but this is so much better! Thank you for the great tip, prepping the fridge is going to be a lot easier now.

Sure - good luck! Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:46 pm
Do you sell part of the fridg even if it’s not real chometz? Is it allowed?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics