Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BP teens are partying in a Shul at 3:30, how do they functio
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 3:34 am
There are BP teens partying in a Shul (Motzei Shabbos at 3:30), with a very loud band and singing.

How do they function the next day?

Parents want this?

Their Rov/Rebbe is ok with this (he has to know if this goes on regularly in his Shul)?

How would you put an end to this, if you couldnt sleep at 3:30 am?

311 and 911 have bigger priorities.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 3:43 am
Let them party in shul instead of somewhere else!

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 4:20 am
I wish I'd partied a little more as a teen. I didn't party at all and feel like I have soon undeveloped social skills that might have been helped if I were exposed more to partying or similar stuff.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:04 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Let them party in shul instead of somewhere else!

Exactly this!!

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:21 am
Define partying,
. Erev yom tov tisch or late melave malka, farbrengin, bais hazmanim entertainment learning, dancing ? I doubt this happens every night. A shul, if overseen by rebbe is the safest place for a bochur . if its nightly, and unsupervised that's another conversation.

Learning

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are BP teens partying in a Shul (Motzei Shabbos at 3:30), with a very loud band and singing.

Parents want this?

Their Rov/Rebbe is ok with this (he has to know if this goes on regularly in his Shul)?

Do you mean that you can’t sleep because of the noise from the shul? Why did you mention 911 311

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:13 am
Imas. shouldnt there be a limit about what time the music has to stop? Is 4 am reasonable, a few times a month?

If your elderly parent lived next door and couldnt sleep all night because LOUD music with vibration was going on til 4 am, what would you tell them, to chill?

This goes on quite often.

Originally we thought it was a rowdy selfish non jewish cleaning crew. It isnt.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Parents want this?

If the noise is keeping you up and you spoke to the rov but he didn't listen to you take him to a Din Torah.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Imas. shouldnt there be a limit about what time the music has to stop? Is 4 am reasonable, a few times a month?

If your elderly parent lived next door and couldnt sleep all night because LOUD music with vibration was going on til 4 am, what would you tell them, to chill?

This goes on quite often.

Originally we thought it was a rowdy selfish non jewish cleaning crew. It isnt.

Do you know if these bochurim would be at the street corner doing drugs if not here? Bochurim need a let out in order to avoid hanging out in inappropriate places. So yes it’s reasonable when you change your mindset. Give it to your child so they don’t seek elsewhere

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
If the noise is keeping you up and you spoke to the rov but he didn't listen to you take him to a Din Torah.

Do that so these kids head to the streets instead great idea!!
The train and garbage trucks are way more annoying to me

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:20 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Do you know if these bochurim would be at the street corner doing drugs if not here? Bochurim need a let out in order to avoid hanging out in inappropriate places. So yes it’s reasonable when you change your mindset. Give it to your child so they don’t seek elsewhere

I have no issue with a shul having a gathering for bouchrim until all hours of the night but they still have no right to keep up the neighbors

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:22 am
I have no issue with a shul having a gathering for bouchrim until all hours of the night but they still have no right to keep up the neighbors

You know what my neighbor told me when she sends out her kids 7am to play in the porch so she can sleep. Get a noise maker.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Do that so these kids head to the streets instead great idea!!
The train and garbage trucks are way more annoying to me

No one told you to take him to a din torah.

The train and garbage trucks may be more annoying to you but you speak for yourself. Don't be inconsiderate of what causes annoyance to others.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:23 am

Sorry, this is part of city living. This is BP, not the suburbs. It's never quiet in the city. This is a normal thing for bachurim to do, it's good they're hanging out in shul instead of on the street. If anyone is bothered by the noise, they can put on earplugs.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Sorry, this is part of city living. This is BP, not the suburbs. It's never quiet in the city. This is a normal thing for bachurim to do, it's good they're hanging out in shul instead of on the street. If anyone is bothered by the noise, they can put on earplugs.

This breaks NYC noise code. I thought, as Jews, we were supposed to do our version of "when in Rome..." Personally, I'd call 311.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
This breaks NYC noise code. I thought, as Jews, we were supposed to do our version of "when in Rome..." Personally, I'd call 311.

You won't get anywhere with 311 and you don't maaser jews.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:29 am

We havent spoken to the Rov. Until now we werent sure where the noise was coming from. Im curious what the Rov will say.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

1 am ok, 4am NOT ok!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:33 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
You won't get anywhere with 311 and you don't maaser jews.

You don't, I have no problem reporting people who break the law.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:34 am
No, it's not ok. They can lower the noise volume after a certain hour when it's reasonable to assume that people are sleeping.
Gezel Shaina is not ok because these boys need a place to hang out. They can hang out in quieter ways.
Definitely speak to the Rav.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries