Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Special Times, Special Kids
1  2  Next

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 04 2004, 1:01 pm
Every Jew has a spark of the soul of Moshiach in him. This is seen especially in children, who are called "mishichoi" (My anointed ones), because this "spark of Moshiach" is more apparent in little children.

I know there's another section with Cute Stories about children, but I thought it would be nice to post stories about kids that bring out this point, how children are really open and accepting about Hashem, love to do mitzvos, really want Moshiach to come, etc.

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 04 2004, 3:25 pm
the morah went around the circle, asking the 5 yr. olds what their father does for a living

one boy answered that his father gives tzedaka

the morah asked: but where does the money come from, that he gives away?

the boy answered: My father says, "When you give, you get!"

Last edited by Motek on Sun, Nov 07 2004, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 8:35 am
Motek
Quote:
Every Jew has a spark of the soul of Moshiach in him. This is seen especially in children, who are called "mishichoi" (My anointed ones), because this "spark of Moshiach" is more apparent in little children.

yep Smile
Quote:
the morah asked: but where does the money come from, that he gives away?

the boy answered: My father says, "what you give, you get!"

Beautiful ... and I can imagine the Morahs reaction!

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 11:53 am
yeah ... Smile (note, I edited the wording slightly from "what" to "when" bec. that's the way it was actually said)

hey Freilich, any gems from your kids? I bet you, and all mothers, have many!

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 9:34 am
Motek as requested, I reposted this story here:

My little brother, may Hashem bless his cute soul. Whenever he has done something not right, nad my mom or dad repramandeed him, he starts to cry. after he has been crying for a while, my mom says, "its ok you could stop crying, we know you are sorry." so my brother says: "im doing teshuvah, thats why I am crying so much."

Another cute one from him, I think I mentioned it earlier in another thread....
One night he had wet his bed, so I explained to him that if he feels the need to make then he should wake up and go to the bathroom. he said he can't because he is dead...I say "you are not dead you are just sleeping"...he says "no I am dead beacuse Hashem takes away my neshama and ony gives it back to me in the morning."

miriam

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 9:53 am
How old is your brother?

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 12:25 pm
Now he is 9 years old K'yh, but these stories happened when he was 4 or 5.

Motek

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 10:06 pm
a woman from Israel said she was very concerned about the water shortage last year and was careful with every drop of water

her 12 year old grandson came to see her and when he washed to eat, he was generous with the water

she had conniptions and said: have rachmanus! there's a dought!

he said: this is the proper way to wash and if we wash like this, we'll get more!

last year Israel was blessed with rain and the Kinneret filled up!

she saw it as an expression of her grandson's bitachon

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 1:42 pm
Quote:
The other day my four-year-old daughter came home from school and started running around the house helping in any way that she could. First she picked up her toys, then she helped her little brother, then she ate nicely, and so on. For a precocious child, all this was quite a departure from her usual behavior. I was a bit surprised by her sudden change in attitude, but happy nonetheless, so I didn't question it.

When I walked past her room later that night, I noticed that she was standing with her arms out as if she was a balance scale. And as she stood like this scale, she kept wavering back and forth. She was talking to herself, but loud enough that I could hear. She was mentioning all the good things she had done that day. When she finished her list, she tilted her little body to one side and screamed out, "The mitzvah side won! Moshiach, you need to come now!"

read the full article here:

http://www.chabad.org/magazine.....23244

willow

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 1:49 pm
Didn't that make you want to hold her so close to you? I love that story.

technic

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 4:41 pm
this is such a beautiful thread Very Happy

elisecohen

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 7:50 pm
When my girls were little (about 3 & 4), big sister was trying to teach little one to play tag. She grabbed the edge of the sofa, called, "I'm on base," and waited a second expentantly. Little sister thought a moment about everything she'd been taught and replied very proudly, "I'm on gimmel!"

Okay it's not inspiring, but it was SO cute.

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 7:51 pm
LOL that was really cute

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 8:05 pm
this reminds me,
on tisha b'av I told my son that I am not eating anything all day b/c I'm so sad that the bais hamikdash was broken. so he asked me a few questions, which I answered. then later I saw him take out a siddur and daven. so asked him what are you doing? and he answered with a shy smile, "I daven to Hashem so He should fix the bais hamikdash!"

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 8:13 pm
Crying Yael thats cute

elisecohen

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 7:14 am
Actually, that reminds me of the first time we read my daughter (then maybe 2 1/2) the book, "When Moshiach Comes" and when the book ended with the line, "We're ready, are you?" she climbed into her stroller, yelled, "yes, get the baby!" and waited for me to announce Moshiach had arrived and we were heading to Yerushalayim!

technic

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 7:26 am
maybe someone should compile the "imamother book of cute kids sayings"...

mnt

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 7:46 am
I know my baby is only 15 months old but I see such beauty in her personality already. when she does something or is going to do something that she knows we usually say no to she gets our attention, starts saying "no" in her adorable sing-song voice and just waits there while we remove her from what she's about to do.
also, ever have that warm and fuzzy feeling when your child hugs you at just the right moment?

technic

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 8:31 am
absolutely! its that kind of thing that makes the hard parts worthwhile Very Happy

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 3:37 pm
When the Rebbe Rashab (5th Lub. Rebbe) was age 4 or 5 he cried about why Hashem appeared to Avrohom but not to him.

This week, an interesting story happened in a Chabad kindergarten in Dimona. Rabbi Yisroel Gliss, director of the Chabad House, and R. Uri Shachar director of the gan, came to the yard of one of the kindergartens. They saw a very worried mother speaking on the telephone to her husband, saying that she will speak to the kindergarten teacher to find out what to do. Seeing her worried face, the Chabad rabbis turned to her and asked if they could help.

The mother said that her sister was a baalat teshuva and convinced her to send her son to a Chabad preschool. She herself was reluctant to give her child a religious education, so as not to "brainwash" him. However, she saw that the education was having a very positive effect on her son. He has already decided to be religious, and she sees the good middos being instilled in him. He encouraged his parents to go to shul, make kiddush on shabbos, he tells the parsha and tries to create a Jewish atmosphere at home.

The past week, a strange thing happened. The child learned the parsha and did not stop crying, why did Hashem appear to Avraham and did not appear to me???? I pray every day and I still don't see Him!"

When the mother told this story, she saw the two rabbis beaming with nachas. They told her the famous story of the Rebbe Rashab, and assured her that her son was following in the holy ways of the Rebbe, and surely the child will grow up to be a student in Tomchei Temimim, the yeshiva founded by the Rebbe Rashab.

http://chabad.info/index.php?u.....=5971
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics