Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Will floral peasant dresses stay in style or be a quick fad?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 7:46 am
I was just remembering shopping exactly 6 years ago in frum stores, and cropped tops were all over!

You wore a dress or skirt and shell, and the crop top was a loose shirt that ended 2-3” above your waistline — perfect for anyone with a totally flat stomache, and awful for anyone else!

I knew never to bother trying on the crop tops, and they went out of style the next season or so.

I truly love these floral flowing dresses that are in now! I’d always wished to dress like they did in Gone with the Wind and Little house on the prairie!

But before I buy a bunch of them, will they go out of style super quickly, or hang around a few years, so I get my money’s worth?

(Yes I give away out of style clothing, yes, I know that most imamothers don’t value being in style lol!)

And, by the way, those printed sets? Tops and skirts with matching prints, meant to be worn together? They are SO MUCH LESS FLATTERING than if they’d be a dress! The top bunches out; if it would be a dress it would lay so much more smoothly! The second I tuck it in or put it on and smooth it down, it looks fine. A moment later, I breathe or move, and it makes me look like I’ve gained 25 lbs and I’m a size 6! Why, just why.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 7:50 am
I think they'll last a year or 2. I'm not a fashionista but that screams trend. I would get 1-2 if you like them but don't replace your whole wardrobe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics