Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Did anyone try making mayonnaise with Bingo oil?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 12:48 am
I make homemade mayonnaise every pesach. Yes, it’s terribly unhealthy but it’s something my family uses a lot of on pesach and they’ve come to expect it.I actually don’t even eat it but I make it once a year for everyone else.
I’ve been making mayonnaise for close to 20 years. It’s really not so complicated and doesn’t take long. This year when I made the mayonnaise (double recipe) it didn’t thicken. I know what I’m doing... I have a system. First I thought that maybe it was the eggs so I dumped everything and tried again. It’s not the salt , pepper or lemon juice! Again it flopped with fresh eggs from a new carton. It has to be the oil. It just made no sense so I even tried another time. Just thin liquid that didn’t thicken no matter what. Did anyone else have this problem with bingo cottonseed oil??

mommyW

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:22 am
Did you try using a hand blender? I once had it with other oil and didn't know what the problem is. I tried a few batches but didn't thicken. Then I made with hand blender and came out perfect.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:27 am
mommyW wrote:
Did you try using a hand blender? I once had it with other oil and didn't know what the problem is. I tried a few batches but didn't thicken. Then I made with hand blender and came out perfect.

I’ve been making it for close to 20 years in my food processor and never had this before.
I just went out and bought a new bottle of oil in the local grocery. Let’s see what happens...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics