Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Can I put a roast in the crockpot without liquid?

imanonymous

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:33 am
I normally make it with some sort of sauce, but I don't have on me at the moment. I plan to just put on some spices. Do I need liquid? In the past, whatever parts of the roast were not submerged in the sauce burned, but I remember reading on here that the liquid in the crockpot is only for grains...?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:40 am
My go to roast recipe for a 3ish lb. roast is:
Take a large sheet of foil. Place a sliced onion or two in the center. Place the roast on top. Rub 1/4 c ketchup on the top and sprinkle with a few spoons of onion soup mix. Wrap tightly and bake. I've done it in the crockpot, sorry I don't remember how long. It yields a great gravy. I separate the gravy from the roast right away, refrigerate overnight, slice roast thin. Defat the gravy and pour over the roast, and freeze.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 10:47 am
If you leave the lid on the entire time, you probably need very little liquid, or alternatively, put in some vegetables that will sweat off liquid. I mean, it also depends how long you want to leave it in there but if it is raw to start, kept tightly closed, with some other veggies or a little bit of liquid, it should be fine in a slow cooker.....keep it closed!!!

imanonymous

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 11:06 am
Thank you!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 11:27 am
If you put the roast on top of some sliced onions, you shouldn't need additional liquid.

imanonymous

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 11:55 am
Blessing1 wrote:
If you put the roast on top of some sliced onions, you shouldn't need additional liquid.

Done!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics