Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What age for these shoes?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 12:53 am
They're not she appropriate, but I'm going on Lakewood standards. If you are deep out of town it could be it doesn't matter. On the other hand, it seems like she does care.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 1:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's what I was afraid of Sad she is older than 6.
I'm not in town, but I still don't want her to feel strange.
I am having such a hard time finding her shoes. She has crazy narrow feet and I am not exaggerating, from the probably 30 pairs we have tried on, these are the first pair that has stayed on her feet Banging head

How different are these shoes from the "in" shoes in your neighborhood?

If everyone else is wearing combat boots and your daughter is wearing Mary Janes, I can see where she may notice the difference.

But black patent leather Mary Janes vs beige Mary Janes (that's what I saw on the links others posted)? Why would a little kid care about that? If you don't make a big deal about it, she may not care so much.

The most important thing is that the shoes fit.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 1:51 am
I live in a big out of town city and would not put those on my daughters. My kids wear all the current styles they’re selling in the tri state.
If you live in a smaller out of town, then anything goes and they would be fine

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 7:55 am
Thanks all for your input. I think we're going to keep searching

Java

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:27 am
Why don't you do lace ups? Those are cute and stylish and will stay on her feet

https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 9:47 am
We've tried those and other similar pairs, they're still too wide when the laces are pulled as much as possible.
I think it's only going to work if we find a European brand - they're usually made narrower

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:06 am
try these if you want to go cheap:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/gol.....75303

and for all those asking why the other ones arent in style, there are so many reasons.
the shape, the sole, the diamond pattern, the toe tap, the bow, the placement of the strap...
If you dont care about style, thats fine, just letting you know why they arent!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
try these if you want to go cheap:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/gol.....75303

and for all those asking why the other ones arent in style, there are so many reasons.
the shape, the sole, the diamond pattern, the toe tap, the bow, the placement of the strap...
If you dont care about style, thats fine, just letting you know why they arent!

But then you wouldn’t put any age child in such ‘out of style’ shoes, correct?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:52 am
Zara shoes are much too wide. We tried those too Crying Crying Crying
I'm not looking for cheap, just something that fits

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 11:36 am
Yikes I live in Monsey and this is all beyond me. I think they’re fine, especially if she’s 9 or younger. A lot of girls aren’t so fashion conscious at that age. (Isn’t Monsey considered “in town”?)

Aurora

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 1:30 pm
Wow. I don't think I even noticed what was fashionable about shoe styles until I was much older.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

Right.
It’s not for the kids, they don’t know. It’s for the mother. I love kid’s clothes (and adult) so it’s an extension of myself

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Right.
It’s not for the kids, they don’t know. It’s for the mother. I love kid’s clothes (and adult) so it’s an extension of myself

So to clarify the OP asked if they’re too babyish ; are Mary Janes too baby ish? For those suggesting other color/slightly different style (‘trendy’) Mary Jane’s aren’t answering her question, they’re saying they wouldn’t put Their child in them because they’re not on trend

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 3:28 pm

no I wouldnt... I bite the bullet and spend the $120 on shoes to make sure my kids are properly fitted...
I never buy young kids shoes without a fitting

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:10 pm
So to clarify the OP asked if they’re too babyish ; are Mary Janes too baby ish? For those suggesting other color/slightly different style (‘trendy’) Mary Jane’s aren’t answering her question, they’re saying they wouldn’t put Their child in them because they’re not on trend
Somehow on younger kids you can get away with less stylish stuff. Also, the trendy Mary Janes just have a more sophisticated look about them so yes, that makes them more appropriate for older kids.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
no I wouldnt... I bite the bullet and spend the $120 on shoes to make sure my kids are properly fitted...

You were asked about style but replied about fit.

The black shoes fit her fine; it's only the style that's a problem for OP.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:20 pm
OP, are there any stores in your area that offer girls' shoes in narrow widths (A or AA)?
Perhaps Nordstrom?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:45 pm
I have no clue what is or is not in style for kids, or how old your kid is.

But look for a store that sells Naturino, which is a good brand for narrow feet.

Chag sameach.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Not sure we’re understanding each other. OP is talking about ‘baby-ish’ Lots of people are responding about trends and now you’re commenting on fit?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Somehow on younger kids you can get away with less stylish stuff. Also, the trendy Mary Janes just have a more sophisticated look about them so yes, that makes them more appropriate for older kids.

Ok interesting. It just would never occur to me to dress a 6 or 8 year old in a ‘sophisticated’ look. They’re very very young. But that’s me. My tastes are classic and I dress my little girl according to her age
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics