Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: if you post a Florida picture I will unfollow you
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 9:54 pm
Unless you are close family.
This post is written lightheartedly with no hard feelings.
Social media friends: if you post florida vacation pics starting today or yesterday, suitcase "what should I pack?" stories on insta, or pictures of the food you ordered in a Florida restaurant, I will unfollow you.
I think it's tacky.
During the rest of the year, if you want to post pics of Florida, go right ahead. But this week, my back is hurting, my legs gave out, my eyes are closing and the night is not yet over- so your Florida pics are downright irritating.
Ok, bye, chag sameach Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 9:59 pm
Posting such photos is always tacky. It’s weird. Share with people close to you, not the whole world. Social media has become a socially accepted way to show off and brag. That being said, post all the pictures you want. I might find it strange but I don’t care what you do.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:01 pm
Social media is intended for people who are close in real life.

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:03 pm
If you post pictures of weight lossz I will unfollow you. How dare you have self control and a workout schedule while I pound nosh like my life depends on it?!

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:33 pm
I think it’s tacky all year round.
No need to flaunt and boast your amaaaazing location with gooooorggeous pools and best best friends #blessed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:36 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Posting such photos is always tacky. It’s weird. Share with people close to you, not the whole world. Social media has become a socially accepted way to show off and brag. That being said, post all the pictures you want. I might find it strange but I don’t care what you do.

Sometimes it is done in an artful way. Sometimes it's just to brag. I don't care during the year and I don't care now- but the poster shouldn't care if I unfollow Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Social media is intended for people who are close in real life.

Not really
It's more of a business at this point - selling your your product your brand or yourself to as large an audience as you can garner.

Twinster

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 11:13 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
#blessed.

You forgot #nofilter

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 11:48 pm
First of all, I actually enjoy seeing them.

Second of all, they worked harder than me to get to where they’re at. From buying a full summer wardrobe for each kid to shlepping down a full huge pesach order to cooking in some random kitchen......

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 11:54 pm
Don't you know by now that going away doesn't count if you don't post pictures and videos of your every move? If you don't post pictures of every step, it's as if you didn't go.....
I actually enjoy seeing nice videos and pictures. But there's no need to post what you're doing every minute of the day. Don't make your private life so public. Keep family time for family instead of for the rest of the world.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:05 am
flowerpower wrote:
First of all, I actually enjoy seeing them.

Second of all, they worked harder than me to get to where they’re at. From buying a full summer wardrobe for each kid to shlepping down a full huge pesach order to cooking in some random kitchen......

I wanted to say this. It's hard work going to Florida. My close friend went from Montreal. She said it was harder work than staying home ,which wasn't an ideal option for her due to quarantine/curfew situation in Montreal (although now they extended it to 9:30 pm which makes celebrating YT a little easier).
She really really really worked hard.

Regarding random people posting pics for random people:
I do think that posting pics for everyone to see is super tacky. Maybe because I really value privacy and don't get the mentality of putting your private life out there. But I guess others think differently and if it makes them happy it's certainly fine with me.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:07 am
In my community it’s not accepted to go away for Pesach, so maybe I really shouldn’t talk. But, I LOVE seeing pictures and hearing about extravagant Pesach getaways.
Please if anyone can, I’d love to hear how it’s going at your place? Food, weather, location.....

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:08 am
It’s a free country. Post whatever you want whenever you want and I’ll follow whomever I want whenever I want. (Read: I follow no one ever)
OP my back is breaking too and I’m so uninterested in traveling with my family to Florida. I’m not sure it’s easier work.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:20 am
Please post your evey move! It's free entertainment for me! Love it.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:35 am
I’m seeing the florida pictures and am so not jealous. I’m actually very happy to be staying local.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:37 am
#notsponsored

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:38 am
I choose to stay home, rather than go to Florida for Pesach.
Everyone BUT the host enjoys themselves. The hostess works like a dog.
Especially if they don’t mish.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I wanted to say this. It's hard work going to Florida. My close friend went from Montreal. She said it was harder work than staying home ,which wasn't an ideal option for her due to quarantine/curfew situation in Montreal (although now they extended it to 9:30 pm which makes celebrating YT a little easier).
She really really really worked hard.

Regarding random people posting pics for random people:
I do think that posting pics for everyone to see is super tacky. Maybe because I really value privacy and don't get the mentality of putting your private life out there. But I guess others think differently and if it makes them happy it's certainly fine with me.

Oh please. If it was so hard people wouldn’t pay a lot of money to go to Florida.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:46 am
Maybe you'd feel better if you saw MY Florida pictures. I live here. I'm up in the middle of the night baking with my tween daughters. I have maybe 1/4 of my cooking done and last minute guests coming. And I still have to run to the grocery store in the morning. I went to the chiropractor today because I was dying from back pain. It didn't help. My feet hurt too. I keep switching from sneakers to Birkenstocks. Doesn't help. I showered less than 8 hours ago and yet I smell like an animal from schvitzing over the stove so many hours. My manicure is ruined. My floors are covered in peels from potatoes, carrots and apples. (My kids have bad aim but B"H they are helping). I also have a pile of laundry to get to. I will not be seeing the beach or any fancy cafes in Surfside. So.... what should I put in my suitcase? I WANT TO RUN AWAY!!!

mandr

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 12:59 am
And all the perverts out there love seeing your adoooorable kids in swimsuits. You’re providing free material for all those bored guys this time of year...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette