Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Looking for excellent psychiatrist NY area

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 3:48 pm
Until now have been getting ADHD meds prescribed by a developmental pediatrician. Not sure if this is a combo of teen issues but keep coming up with more issues that I am not sure if they are side effects of medication regular teen issues. Additional mental health issues. Slight OCD issues depression vaping etc.
We are also working with a therapist to help with some of the thoughts issues but looking for someone to pull everything together

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 3:50 pm
Are you looking for a psychologist? Or a psychiatrist? Generally, only psychiatrists (medical doctors) can prescribe medication.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:01 pm
Thanks. Updated my title

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 5:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Until now have been getting ADHD meds prescribed by a developmental pediatrician. Not sure if this is a combo of teen issues but keep coming up with more issues that I am not sure if they are side effects of medication regular teen issues. Additional mental health issues. Slight OCD issues depression vaping etc.
We are also working with a therapist to help with some of the thoughts issues but looking for someone to pull everything together

I had a great experience with dr Helena rothbort
https://centerhealthyminds.net/
Good luck

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 6:04 pm
I second Helena rothbort. Had very positive experience with my child

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:13 pm
Dodge she take insurance?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)