Home

Thank you Ra-Mom
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Reality




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:43 pm
For the delicious pesach cholent recipe you shared!! My whole family loved it so it's a keeper!!

You are always so generously sharing your recipes and helpful hints! Thank you so much!!
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:45 pm
Thank you so much for letting me know! You really brightened my night! Smile
Always happy to share the joy.

ETA: It's realeez's recipe that I shared, made just the way my aunt used to make it.


Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

mfb




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:46 pm
Now please post the recipe so we can all enjoy
Back to top

elisheva25




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:48 pm
Yes Ra-mom I think it’s your Pesach recipe cholent that I made and we liked it a lot .
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:50 pm
Thanks for the minute steak recipe you shared last year. It’s my new go to for chol hamoed dinner when hosting. I put it up in the am and come home at night to a full meal of steak and Yukon gold potato- pesach and succos!
Thanks
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Thank you so much for letting me know! You really brightened my night! Smile
Always happy to share the joy.

ETA: It's realeez's recipe that I shared, made just the way my aunt used to make it.


Every single response you post, no matter the topic, is extremely on point and always kindly written. You’re like the woman who knows it all but never gloats about it and is always happy to share her knowledge. Kol hakavod!
Back to top

mommy3b2c




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:16 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Every single response you post, no matter the topic, is extremely on point and always kindly written. You’re like the woman who knows it all but never gloats about it and is always happy to share her knowledge. Kol hakavod!


You should meet her in real life! Every bit as amazing! And now I want that minute steak recipe!
Back to top

Fave




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:24 pm
Thank you for the Pesach duck sauce recipe - it was a hit with my family.

Thanks for all your help over the past couple of years!!!
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:57 am
Another thank you to ra mom. I was actually going to post this last week but couldn't find the right words. Thank you for all the kitchen help! My family would thank you if they knew how much I've relied on you over the years.
Your knowledge on many different topics and on target responses amaze me. You are always so kind and helpful and patient. Thank you thank you.
Back to top

ttbtbm




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 1:23 am
Agree!!! Ra_mom, you really are a really awesome mom! Your advice and recipes have helped me countless times!
Back to top

familyfirst




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:44 am
Oooh!!!!
Please post cholent recipe!

And ra-mom is my imamother hero. The best of the best!
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:56 am
I thanked you for all your help last Pesach and want to do again! you are great! not one my question about food was ever let unanswered! kol hakavod!!!
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:13 am
Here is realeez's super creamy recipe.

Grease crockpot and then line with parchment paper (the oil will keep the paper in place).

First layer: meat and bones
Second layer: grated onion
Third layer: shredded potatoes
Fourth layer: lots of salt

Don't add any water, oil or eggs. Don't mix the layers.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 20-24 hours.
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:26 am
ra_mom wrote:
Here is realeez's super creamy recipe.

Grease crockpot and then line with parchment paper (the oil will keep the paper in place).

First layer: meat and bones
Second layer: grated onion
Third layer: shredded potatoes
Fourth layer: lots of salt

Don't add any water, oil or eggs. Don't mix the layers.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 20-24 hours.

Which meat is best?
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:30 am
Thank you ra_mom for giving me the idea of vegetable stuffing for capons . My kids said that this was the best capons they ever had and that I should make it for all year round this way. One of my picky eaters even said that it was the best main dish I served the entire Yom Tov. So thanks again for coming through for us!
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Which meat is best?

I like beef neck bones and middle chuck or club steak meat, Idaho/Russet potatoes, and kosher salt.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:51 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Thank you ra_mom for giving me the idea of vegetable stuffing for capons . My kids said that this was the best capons they ever had and that I should make it for all year round this way. One of my picky eaters even said that it was the best main dish I served the entire Yom Tov. So thanks again for coming through for us!

So happy to hear!
Back to top

jfk92




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:58 am
I just want to add in too! You are so helpful on this forum Ra-mom. I have no idea how you make time to answer and can be more helpful then google, especially when it comes to recipes or searching for all things boropark! Such a life saver! Thanks ra-mom!
Back to top

Amelia Bedelia




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:03 am
Can you repost the vegetable capon recipe?
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:11 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Can you repost the vegetable capon recipe?


I didn’t do the exact recipe that ra_mom posted but I worked off of that idea. This is what I did.
Shredded:
Onion
Celery
Carrot
Sweet potatoe
Regular potatoe
Zuchinni
Sautéed it all in walnut oil until soft and no more liquid.
Added a little bit of potatoe starch (like 1-2 Tbsp)
Added spices like:
Salt
Pepper
Sweet paprika
Onion powder

Stuffed the capons with vegetable stuffing.

Sauce :
Ketchup
Apricot jame
Onion soup mix
Poured over stuffed capons

Baked on 350 covered for 1 1/2 hours and uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Attention ramom or anyone that can help 10 Thu, May 27 2021, 6:44 pm View last post