Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Keratin treatment for a ten year old

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 7:32 am
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the safety ramification of giving a ten-year-old a keratin treatment? My daughter has very tangly and frizzy hair. I've tried everything--curly girl, no curly girl, etc. all different techniques and products. Of course we only comb when wet. Nothing yields results. I have another daughter with curly hair doing just fine but with this daughter's hair, we are both at the end of our ropes. I want her to feel empowered and right now she just feels hopeless (doesn't like her hair and hates to put effort into it because it always ends up puffy and tangly rather than in pretty curls or smooth).

Even just making her hair into a ponytail hurts her because of the tangles that are pretty much always there unless I fist spend a lot of time detangling, which hurts her too of course. We both think she is old enough to wash and take care of her hair herself but hates to do it/doesn't feel competent at it.

The person I brought her too most recently for a haircut said it looks like her hair is textured rather than curly. Great, but... what do I do.

Can I get her a keratin treatment? What are the safety ramifications? Are there other alternatives to this?

Thanks very much in advance anyone who can help! I want my daughter to feel better about her hair.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 7:37 am
Look into something called proadiction

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Look into something called proadiction

Was about to suggest that. It's way healthier and works pretty much the same. No need to leave your hair unwashed for 3 days either. It's a bit more expensive though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 5:22 am
I'm Googling it and it looks good, but anyone know how I can find a salon/stylist who does this? We live in Jerusalem. When I Google it I come up with a result in Netanya.

Or any recommendations for someone in Jerusalem I can call who can advise me? I don't have experience with any hair salons here.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics