Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
F.R.i.e.N.D.S.
1  2  Next

smile

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 3:58 pm
Who liked Friends?

I just love it. It just makes me always laugh out loud. I have got loads of dvd from them and I can watch it on and on?
I do miss having new episodes but I think, would they have gone longer with it then it might have lost some of the fun.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:04 pm
I didn't think it was so good. I liked some of the earlier episodes when I was in high school, but after awhile it grew pretty stupid.

I like Seinfeld a lot more. I enjoyed it when I was a kid and still think the reruns are funny.

Rivky

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:08 pm
R u kidding?? Seriously, there is nothing like friends. I can say I'm literally glued to it. I still laugh at every episode. They really did a great job on it. I'm happy in a way that I started watching it when it was done, don't think I would have managed waiting every week for a new episode!!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:13 pm
I like quirkier shows, the type that people don't usually like immediately, and after awhile, they grow on you.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:15 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I didn't think it was so good. I liked some of the earlier episodes when I was in high school, but after awhile it grew pretty stupid.

I like Seinfeld a lot more. I enjoyed it when I was a kid and still think the reruns are funny.

Same here. You posted exactly what I was going to post.

chayitty

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:30 pm
seinfeld??? I found it funny when it played but now when I rewatch it I find it boring...friends is hysterical....I can rewatch and relaugh

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 6:00 pm
I used to LOVE friends for aabout a year when I was going through infertility. Made me laugh and forget about my problems. B"H I outgrew it before I got pg with my son 3 years ago.

foreverhappy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 6:24 pm
delete

Last edited by foreverhappy on Sun, Jul 10 2011, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

iamawife

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:48 pm
I love friends too, I have here seinfeld I don't really care for it I loved friends much more

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:25 pm
Curb your Enthusiasm is really funny, in an ironic kinda way. What do you guys think of it?

Maya

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:29 pm
I liked it, but it wasn't the greatest. I also like Seinfelf better. I think my favorite is Will & Grace.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:35 pm
MommyLuv wrote:
Curb your Enthusiasm is really funny, in an ironic kinda way. What do you guys think of it?
I love "Curb Your Enthusiasm." I really enjoyed "Seinfeld," back in the day.

For me, "Friends" jumped the shark when all of the women got so thin they were translucent. Two things bugged me about Jennifer Aniston, other than her salary and plastic surgery. She was playing a New Yorker, but she was always ridiculously tanned and was sleeveless even when it was supposed to be Winter. Yes, I know you're a California girl with a great tan and yes, I know your arms are toned, but how about making believe you're in New York for your million dollars a week and wearing pale skin and a couple of sleeves? Also, how is it that a restaurant chef appears to be home every night? When did she actually cook at the restaurant?

Okay, it's a sit-com and didn't have to be realistic. I guess "Friends" got on my nerves, although I've probably seen all of them. What can I say, I don't get out much.

(small celebrity sighting note: I've seen Jerry Seinfeld around the neighborhood. He's aging nicely.)

Maya

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:45 pm
How old is he now, Clarissa?

Clarissa

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:46 pm
Maya wrote:
How old is he now, Clarissa?
I'm guessing mid-50's. He looks good, not as skinny, but good.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:46 pm
He'll be 54 in April (ok, I'm a freak).

He has the same birthday as my father who is a fan in the truest sense of the word.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:58 pm
There are some really good sitcoms other than friends:

Arrested Development (though the jokes arent quite very clean, a lot of double innuendo)

The Office

Scrubs

How I Met Your Mother

Everybody Loves Raymond was also very good

and I LOVE Family Guy, though it also isnt perfectly clean

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 9:03 pm
I could never get into Arrested Development. I saw the chachma, and intellectually I thought "that's funny" but for some reason I didn't enjoy it.

I love Frasier. They still make me laugh out loud.

I also love The Office and 30 Rock.

foreverhappy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 9:29 pm
delete

Last edited by foreverhappy on Sun, Jul 10 2011, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 7:24 am
From all the comedies, I still love FRIENDS the most. I like that they also have serious matters with it. For example the break-up or the infertility and the adoption process...
And the acting is spot on.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 11:51 am
cassandra wrote:
I could never get into Arrested Development. I saw the chachma, and intellectually I thought "that's funny" but for some reason I didn't enjoy it.

I love Frasier. They still make me laugh out loud.

I also love The Office and 30 Rock.

Me too! (But I really liked Arrested Development - that was one of those shows that I hated at first, but it got such great reviews, so I watched it, and it paid off).

Have you watched the British Office? I like that one as well. In some ways it's even more uncomfortable than the American one.

Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Entourage are great.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics