Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Nutritionist for 12yo DD

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:07 pm
My very overweight almost 12yo dd is showing interest in taking control of her weight (yay Very Happy was waiting for it to come from her!)
I’m looking for a nutritionist for her that will teach her what healthy eating and healthy habits look like. I do not want someone who will shame her, scare her or put her on a strict diet.
I’m in north jersey and would love someone who takes horizon nj health (Medicaid) but willing to pay for the right person. I’m willing to use someone long distance via zoom as well

Thanks!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:31 pm
Dina Cohen in Lakewood is really good.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 1:54 pm
Thanks so much!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 1:56 pm
Ruchi Lebovics in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Ruchi Lebovics in Lakewood

Thanks. I have used her myself and was very happy. Do you have experience using her for a kid?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:54 pm
Bump.

Anyone else have any ideas?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:01 pm
I live in Brooklyn and know Chaya stern specializes in little kids. Maybe try and see if she would Do Phone sessions. In Lakewood I was very happy with Shani Taub for myself. Not sure if she takes kids though

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I have used her myself and was very happy. Do you have experience using her for a kid?

I’ve never used her for a kid but I myself have been dieting since I was a child (I was that obese 12 year old) and went to so many nutritionists and eventually found ruchi. She’s the only one I had success with. (I was already in my 20s at that point)

I know her well and can imagine she’d be amazing with young children.

I did use a lady named Sarala Klugman for my daughter. However it was because my daughter was underweight and had eating trouble. She was very good but don’t know exactly what she specializes in.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I’ve never used her for a kid but I myself have been dieting since I was a child (I was that obese 12 year old) and went to so many nutritionists and eventually found ruchi. She’s the only one I had success with. (I was already in my 20s at that point)

I know her well and can imagine she’d be amazing with young children.

I did use a lady named Sarala Klugman for my daughter. However it was because my daughter was underweight and had eating trouble. She was very good but don’t know exactly what she specializes in.

Thank you!
I think I will go with ruchi. From my experience with her and what you are telling me it sounds like it should work

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children