Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is Liberty Science Center appropriate for a very frum famil?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:26 pm
Hi,
I’ve been there years ago as a kid, and really enjoyed it. However, I’ve not been there recently. Would you consider it appropriate for a family of frum children, including a 13-year-old boy ? What about the imax? Thanks a million!

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:26 pm
Yes!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:28 pm
sure. I can't see why not.

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:30 pm
If you’re kohanim, be sure to check if there are any temporary exhibits that are problematic.

Also you need to check the IMAX that you want to see.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:31 pm
Thanks ! How would I know what they’ll see in the imax? Are some topics cleaner than others? If I post them here, could you help me choose?

professor

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:36 pm
You can choose the movie. Chose something like space or weather related or earth science

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:49 pm
The most frum schools take the students there, it's totally appropriate. They don't go to the imax.

Batsheva1

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:12 pm
I'm not chassidish or super frum but I saw tons of chassidim on chol hamoed when I went 2 years ago. In fact, the place was packed with chassidish and yeshivish people- I'm not sure there was anything but Jews in the museum that day. And in my own objective opinion, it's a very appropriate place for a frum family to go. The chassidim went the the movies (science and nature) movies as well.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:33 pm
I once shlepped my very yeshivish husband to an IMAX movie at our local science center. I figured it was safe. It was about dolphins. But there was a lady in a bathing suit swimming with the dolphins. He sat back and closed his eyes while I watched the movie. So be careful, you never know.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I once shlepped my very yeshivish husband to an IMAX movie at our local science center. I figured it was safe. It was about dolphins. But there was a lady in a bathing suit swimming with the dolphins. He sat back and closed his eyes while I watched the movie. So be careful, you never know.

Yes! Thanks for reminding me Rolling Eyes
Had that too! With dh and kids. I cringed the whole time wondering what was coming next.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:32 am
Very kosher for the whole family.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:51 am
Absolutely fine. I know a few super yeshivish families who have membership and go very often with kids of all ages including teen boys. One families father is a rosh yeshiva.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:20 am
Totally. My elementary school took us like every year. Tiferes Bais Yaakov
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics