Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is there a way to prevent sweat stain on shabbos shirts?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:36 pm
My 16 yr old ds walks alot on shabbos and the arm pits (sorry tmi) of the shirts are yellow. Is there anyway to prevent that. I don't see the same thing on my other ds's shirts.

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:02 pm
Not unless he starts using a powerful antiperspirant. But antiperspirants also stain clothing--usually grey from the aluminum salts.

If he wears undershirts with sleeves, the undershirts will protect the shirts, unless he sweats so heavily that he soaks through to the shirt.

You could try peroxide or white vinegar or oxiclean before you wash the shirts. https://www.stitchfix.com/wome.....hirt/
https://www.artofmanliness.com.....tains

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:05 pm
He needs to wear short sleeve undershirts to absorb the sweat instead of the shirts.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:12 pm
If you're buying new shirts and trying to avoid the sweat stains from happening again, each time when washing clean white shirts (that don't look like they are stained from sweat):

Place 1 cup baking soda in the machine itself, after that place the shirts in. Fill the bleach section with vinegar (not bleach). Do not use detergent. Run a full wash cycle (not a quick wash). This should break down the sweat residue.

Then wash the shirts again on another cycle, with just detergent.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
He needs to wear short sleeve undershirts to absorb the sweat instead of the shirts.

ahh..thats the difference..older ds wears short sleeves and younger ds does not! mystery solved!

Ty! for responses
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry