Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What colors are in for a summer wedding?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:47 am
B”h making a chasuna in the summer.
The kallah asked if we could not wear white or champagne or black.
Problem is I don’t like summer colors. Not into the bright colors and like dark winter colors.

Also where in NY could I go to find a dress or any websites. I am tall and unfortunately heavy Sad

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:50 am
You can do whichever colors you feel good in.
I think by going around to gown places you'll get a feeling of what's in. I know someone doing light blue and someone doing a mix of pinks/corals.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:03 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
You can do whichever colors you feel good in.
I think by going around to gown places you'll get a feeling of what's in. I know someone doing light blue and someone doing a mix of pinks/corals.

dusty blue is very pretty

windchime

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 6:59 am
Peach

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:03 am
Light mint green/white looks stunning. Same with light blue, lavender, and dusty rose.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:04 am
Asos has a lot of pretty gown styles.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:05 am
Can you get a gown custom made? People do that. We did it for my wedding and my siblings weddings. And we're not exactly wealthy. We had to give the gowns back after use because she sells ready-made gowns also.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:07 am
You can do navy or forest green if you prefer darker colors. I'm not into the whole summer/winter thing. Wear what you like. Except white, if the bride doesn't want it. White is the bride's domain. Cool

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:18 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Light mint green/white looks stunning. .

We're doing that for my brother's wedding this summer, at first we weren't so into it, but I think it will look nice in the end (hopefully!)

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:34 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
We're doing that for my brother's wedding this summer, at first we weren't so into it, but I think it will look nice in the end (hopefully!)

It sounds pretty! Where are you getting the gowns from?

rae

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:43 am
The bride does not get to decide what colors you get to wear. If she is doing a color scheme, try as much as possible to fit in but you DO NOT have to wear a color you feel uncomfortable in. Heavier people usually do better in darker colors. Try to get a darker shade of color chosen or have that color integrated in your gown.
Lavender / you can go darker purple-grey
Blush / darker tones of mauve Etc

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:55 am
Dusty colors are in
Dusty Sage- a bit darker
Dusty Periwinkle- not lavander but going more to blue
Dusty rose- not pink
Don’t know the exact names for these colors

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:09 am
rae wrote:
The bride does not get to decide what colors you get to wear. If she is doing a color scheme, try as much as possible to fit in but you DO NOT have to wear a color you feel uncomfortable in. Heavier people usually do better in darker colors. Try to get a darker shade of color chosen or have that color integrated in your gown.
Lavender / you can go darker purple-grey
Blush / darker tones of mauve Etc

I assume that OP is a member of the family, who often are told what colors to wear. But in this case, she wasn't. She was told not to wear white or champagne. One should never -- NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER -- wear white, or colors close to white (such as champagne) to a wedding, unless specifically told to do so. She was also told not to wear black. There are people who see that as a sign of mourning. I disagree, FWIW. But its not an untoward request.

OP, if you prefer dark colors, try dark blue. Like this https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ma.....0blue (A good dressmaker should be able to fix that neckline.) Or emerald (although this is a winter dress) https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ma.....Black

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:11 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I assume that OP is a member of the family, who often are told what colors to wear. But in this case, she wasn't. She was told not to wear white or champagne. One should never -- NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER -- wear white, or colors close to white (such as champagne) to a wedding, unless specifically told to do so. She was also told not to wear black. There are people who see that as a sign of mourning. I disagree, FWIW. But its not an untoward request.

OP, if you prefer dark colors, try dark blue. Like this https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ma.....0blue (A good dressmaker should be able to fix that neckline.) Or emerald (although this is a winter dress) https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ma.....Black

Six of Wands, you have gorgeous taste. I love the skirt of the first dress, and you should hop on over to the vort dress thread to share the second link.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics