Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Vents and rants about moving

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:04 pm
Rant:

I hate it when I see a 2 bedroom apartment with a porch or backyard for a sukkah in the luach or another random magazine and it says “ideal for chosson and kallah” “chosson and kallah preferred”
Or when I see a 3 bedroom with a porch and it says “elderly couple preferred”

WH—

Ho—

HOW IS THIS LEGAL?! (It’s not legal to discriminate based on age or family size lol but okay)

How about families who are small (1-2 children) but don’t want a 3 bedroom were house because it’s too expe, or when their current place is getting too small for 2 children to run around comfortably, and everything’s cramped and squished. Where are people supposed to go?

Places that are family friendly are so hard to find.

Okay this turned serious since I’m going through this now but just rant and vent about anything related to moving lol.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:09 pm
At least where I live, when they specify "ideal for chosson and kallah" it means that the apartment is extremely tiny. I guess it's diff. in BP!

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:57 pm
Ooooohh

that makes sense xD

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:46 pm
When I was looking for an apartment it took a loooooong time to find one. I asked one place that advertised a 3 bedroom for a young couple 'why would a young couple want to pay that rent?' 'well there is an old lady who lives underneath and she doesn't want to hear kids jump all day'

Blessing1

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:47 pm
How about no smartphones allowed?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:06 pm
bnm wrote:
When I was looking for an apartment it took a loooooong time to find one. I asked one place that advertised a 3 bedroom for a young couple 'why would a young couple want to pay that rent?' 'well there is an old lady who lives underneath and she doesn't want to hear kids jump all day'

I've heard of this excuse.
I hope the old lady knows that the young couple will most likely have kids one day.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:09 pm
Landlords who do this are doing so are doing it illegally. This is your first hint that they are landlords you do not want to deal with. Don’t rent from law breakers. They have no issue cheating the system. Find an honest landlord.

naomi2

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:24 pm
Maybe look outside of bp. You can breathe alot easier when there is less pressure to conform to an endless number of unwritten rules. Plus it's cheaper and you can get space for your kid to run around

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:29 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Maybe look outside of bp. You can breathe alot easier when there is less pressure to conform to an endless number of unwritten rules. Plus it's cheaper and you can get space for your kid to run around

Butt the conveeeeeeenience!

helpful

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:40 pm
naomi2 wrote:

I live in BP and never had this issue or heard of anyone only renting their apartments to young couples with no kids, etc. I find that most landlords are looking to rent out their apartments to the first tenant who wants it.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:14 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I've heard of this excuse.
I hope the old lady knows that the young couple will most likely have kids one day.

I told the real estate agent that. 'By then she will probably be in a nursing home'

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:15 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
How about no smartphones allowed?

'Do you use the eruv? Do you have filtered internet?'

Blessing1

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:22 pm
bnm wrote:
'Do you use the eruv? Do you have filtered internet?'

I've also been asked who my grandparents are and which shul they daven at. Who cares?? Why does this matter?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics