Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Seeking dermatologist for baby with eczema

oneofakind

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 1:41 pm
My relative has an 18 month old with severe eczema. He also vomits very easily. Under doctor's guidance she's eliminated foods, tried creams, bleach baths etc. Right now, he consumes nothing but Ellecare but it hasn't eliminated the vomiting and the eczema isn't much better.. She's dealing with it from the gastro point of view as well- we don't know if there is a connection. She was using somebody in CHOP but they don't take her insurance anymore, Any recommendations for a top dermatologist who accepts Jersey Care. If not, who would be excellent in the Tri-State area who is worth paying cash to?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 1:56 pm
Dr. Strenger in Monsey. He’s the best dermatologist I know. He cured my sons eczema years ago.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:26 pm
I bh had a great experience by Dr Sandra Siegel. She's an allergist. She helped my baby even though he bh has no allergies

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:35 pm
Should definitely continue looking at allergens/ skin irritants such as specific ingredients in detergents/ soaps etc. I’ve seen that with two different babies- was a natural ingredient in hypoallergenic soap and detergent.
Jennifer Collins allergist in NYC will test for it,

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:16 pm
If there's eczema and vomiting, it's almost certain that there's something allergy related going on.
If this was my kid, I'd switch detergent for the whole family to Rockin Green detergent and all natural housecleaning.
Dr. Chehade in Mt. Sinai is a board certified allergist and gastroenterologist. I would recommend starting there.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:47 pm
Rockin Green contains some coconut derived ingredients which will sometimes cause eczema/ allergic responses. Their claim is that they are natural, not hypoallergenic.
I know a couple people who switched to all natural but eczema was caused by coconut derivatives which are in loads of natural products.
Confirm no allergies to ingredients in all cleaning products/ soaps used.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:56 pm
Did you test your baby for allergies? Eliminating didn’t help my baby because he was still having things he was allergic to. Once I found out exactly what allergens were causing the eczema and stopped giving it to him, his skin cleared up within a few days.
Going to a dermatologist treats the symptoms, not the issue.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 4:12 pm
She should be seeing an allergist and not a dermatologist!!!!

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Rockin Green contains some coconut derived ingredients which will sometimes cause eczema/ allergic responses. Their claim is that they are natural, not hypoallergenic.
I know a couple people who switched to all natural but eczema was caused by coconut derivatives which are in loads of natural products.
Confirm no allergies to ingredients in all cleaning products/ soaps used.

I hear you. Do you know of another detergent that doesn't have SLS? It's a huge trigger eczema.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics