Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What to bring to friend who's moving?

justtrying90

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:48 am
Hi, my close friend is moving today. I know moving is extremely stressful. I want to show up at the house with something, but I also don't want to get in her way or bring anything that'll stress her out more (like a cake will make a bigger mess probably...) Any ideas? Tia!

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:50 am
Nothing lol. Or quick and real food like sandwiches, salad, with every single thing - plastic utensils, cups, paper towels, and a plastic bag to throw it all out in. Think about pesach when your whole kitchen is packed up but you still need to eat real food but you can't bc you had to pack up the pantry, fridge etc already.

Last edited by trixx on Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

mommish613

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:51 am
justtrying90 wrote:
Hi, my close friend is moving today. I know moving is extremely stressful. I want to show up at the house with something, but I also don't want to get in her way or bring anything that'll stress her out more (like a cake will make a bigger mess probably...) Any ideas? Tia!

Bring her dinner (tell her in advance so she knows she can count on you). Otherwise wait a few days till she settles in before coming over...

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:52 am
Yes! Dinner the first night in the new house.

lkwdmom2

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:54 am
Bring lunch all packed with paper goods. My neighbor came with bagels, tuna, salad, danishes, orange juice etc all packed nicely with forks, spoons, napkins, plates. It was perfect

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:55 am
Dinner. Most appreciated. Ask her if she wants tonight or any other night this week- could be someone else is making her already for tonight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics