Home

Mesoras Avos or Stolin Lakewood?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:53 am
How would you compare the two? Education wise, chinuch wise, parent body, how the Cheder is run, etc.
For an intelligent child with loads of personality that is sensory and can be feisty. When dealt correctly he is an absolute pleasure. Which cheder would you say is more equipped to handle such a child.
Thanking you in advance!!
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 11:06 am
The first question is where will you get in?
Comparing the 2: Stolin is newer, smaller, lots of individualized attention and willingness to embrace more updated chinuch ideas. Parent body is a beautiful mix of heimish/frum, some Stolin and some not.
Masoras Avos is older, bigger, very good support staff but more old-school and set in their ways. Generally they care more about a chassidish parent body, whereas Stolin cares more about a frum parent body.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
The first question is where will you get in?
Comparing the 2: Stolin is newer, smaller, lots of individualized attention and willingness to embrace more updated chinuch ideas. Parent body is a beautiful mix of heimish/frum, some Stolin and some not.
Masoras Avos is older, bigger, very good support staff but more old-school and set in their ways. Generally they care more about a chassidish parent body, whereas Stolin cares more about a frum parent body.

Thank you. This was so helpful!
Seems like you feel Stolin will work more with the child, whereas Mesoras Avos won’t. I’m just very wary of a new, small school. To answer your first question. I got into Talmud Torah Bais Avrohom but am being strongly advised by my family members that it’s really not the right place for my son.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:04 pm
Stolin is amazing! Truly a great yeshiva, excellent staff, your son will probably do well there.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Stolin is amazing! Truly a great yeshiva, excellent staff, your son will probably do well there.

Thank you. Do you know how it compares to Mesoras Avos?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:27 pm
I’m in a huge quandary having been accepted to Talmud Torah & now having to rethink the whole thing.
Back to top

amother




Brown
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:07 pm
If you can get in to Stolin and the havara doesn’t bother you I would do it in a heartbeat. They are new but run extremely professionally and have an excellent menahel with loads of experience. Bais aAvrohom is slightly more brand name but not worth it when you look past that based on what I’ve heard
Back to top

amother




Pink
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:10 pm
I worked in stolin for a few weeks. I was very impressed. I’m not chassidish at all but the atmosphere was fantastic. If I were chassidish I would definitely send.
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:30 pm
Yes, you read between the lines Smile
I have a son who has some issues and I begged to get into Masoras Avos because I heard such good things about their support system. Hashem sent me to Stolin, and not a day goes by that I don’t thank Him for it - they will do anything to help a child. Over the years I’ve also heard mixed reviews about Masoras Avos - they have excellent resource rooms but other parts of the yeshiva are not so rosy. If you can get into Stolin there is not enough good things to say.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:52 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Yes, you read between the lines Smile
I have a son who has some issues and I begged to get into Masoras Avos because I heard such good things about their support system. Hashem sent me to Stolin, and not a day goes by that I don’t thank Him for it - they will do anything to help a child. Over the years I’ve also heard mixed reviews about Masoras Avos - they have excellent resource rooms but other parts of the yeshiva are not so rosy. If you can get into Stolin there is not enough good things to say.

This really talks to me. Thanks!!
I’m just so hesitant about the yeshiva size. Some children do better when blending into a larger crowd, if you know what I mean. I believe I can get him into both yeshivas, but this time I need to do my due diligence a lot more thoroughly.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
If you can get in to Stolin and the havara doesn’t bother you I would do it in a heartbeat. They are new but run extremely professionally and have an excellent menahel with loads of experience. Bais aAvrohom is slightly more brand name but not worth it when you look past that based on what I’ve heard

Yes so I’ve heard about Bais Avrohom. I need to do what’s best for my child, not for my image;) Do you know anything about Mesoras Avos? My intent is to understand where and how it differs from Stolin. I’ve heard rave reviews about both.
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:09 am
I can speak from personal experience on both yeshivos in question but wont say much on a public forum. I will say that stolin is amazing!!! The fact that they are newer is only an advantage because they are trying their best to satisfy everyone and they are outdoing themselves. They have quality staff that you wont find elsewhere. Each Rebbi is warm, caring and loving and they have such a geshmak for learning, done in such a fun way.
I will question your decision on bais avrohom since its also a very good cheder with a beautiful parent body and very well established. What type are you that you feel you may not fit in? I know its hard getting in there so if you did they certainly feel you belong there.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I can speak from personal experience on both yeshivos in question but wont say much on a public forum. I will say that stolin is amazing!!! The fact that they are newer is only an advantage because they are trying their best to satisfy everyone and they are outdoing themselves. They have quality staff that you wont find elsewhere. Each Rebbi is warm, caring and loving and they have such a geshmak for learning, done in such a fun way.
I will question your decision on bais avrohom since its also a very good cheder with a beautiful parent body and very well established. What type are you that you feel you may not fit in? I know its hard getting in there so if you did they certainly feel you belong there.

Im certainly their ‘type’ so to speak, but I keep
Hearing that they’re very ‘in the box’, old school,etc. I’m afraid it might work against my son who is a free spirit, very spunky , & is a sensory child etc. Are they open to a more out of the box approach, if needed?
P.S. I’m reading between the lines and see u haven’t mentioned anything about Mesoras Avos so I’m assuming your intent regarding that yeshiva;)
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im certainly their ‘type’ so to speak, but I keep
Hearing that they’re very ‘in the box’, old school,etc. I’m afraid it might work against my son who is a free spirit, very spunky , & is a sensory child etc. Are they open to a more out of the box approach, if needed?
P.S. I’m reading between the lines and see u haven’t mentioned anything about Mesoras Avos so I’m assuming your intent regarding that yeshiva;)


Yes because you wont be happy there. Based on your brief description you would be very happy with stolin, they will work with you where other yeshivos have no obligation to you. Big money talks somewhat but when youre a successful school they dont need to cater to anyone.
Stolin works with each child individually, the menahal and staff are extremely devoted. I dont think any yeshiva can compare.
It is tempting to get into brand name yeshivos and ive been in that position but if you can look away and do whats right for your son, you will have no regrets. Stolin is the up and coming
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Yes because you wont be happy there. Based on your brief description you would be very happy with stolin, they will work with you where other yeshivos have no obligation to you. Big money talks somewhat but when youre a successful school they dont need to cater to anyone.
Stolin works with each child individually, the menahal and staff are extremely devoted. I dont think any yeshiva can compare.
It is tempting to get into brand name yeshivos and ive been in that position but if you can look away and do whats right for your son, you will have no regrets. Stolin is the up and coming

I really want to thank for taking the time to respond and help out a fellow ima:). I so wanted to hear the Mesoras Avos is amazing and caters to children of every stripe and color, because yes the ‘brand’ speaks and as is it’s a tough decision for me to step away from Talmud Torah. Yet I’m here to make the best decision for my child even thought it’s tough!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 10:24 am
Hi Imas. Can anyone advise how to procure an interview with Stolin? Who is the go to person to speak with? I’ve been trying them all week & It appears to me that they are being very selective & won’t give me an interview any time soon.
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 10:50 am
Since stolin is smaller and beer they will be more willing to work with you
Masoras uvos is full and people begging to get in so don’t bother
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Lakewood camp prices 25 Yesterday at 5:26 pm View last post
Where can I order miniature in lakewood?
by bouncy
2 Yesterday at 1:50 pm View last post
Lakewood mix?
by amother
9 Yesterday at 12:21 pm View last post
Dermatologist Lakewood
by amother
4 Yesterday at 12:04 pm View last post
Cheap dressmaker in lakewood
by amother
0 Tue, May 04 2021, 10:18 pm View last post