Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Chassidishe bochurim and cell phones
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

qwerty4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:15 pm
nchr wrote:
I don't belong on the internet. Simple. And my family BH doesn't have internet. Happy to be the only sinner here.
And btw there are people here who have these views, it is just not "cool" to share them so they aren't and I'm too stupid to stop.

I just don’t know of such a person in real life. It’s not about the views you personally have but rather how shocked you are sometimes that not everyone does whatever you are used to, which is really really rare.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:18 pm
nchr wrote:
I don't belong on the internet. Simple. And my family BH doesn't have internet. Happy to be the only sinner here.
And btw there are people here who have these views, it is just not "cool" to share them so they aren't and I'm too stupid to stop.

If they would share your views they would at least back you anonymously.

nchr

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:18 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I don't know what it will take for you to realize that your views are extreme and not mainstream chassidish. I don't think many posters here share those views.

I've literally written at least 4 times that maybe I need to broaden my look on things. I said maybe my vision is distorted because I'm talking to my immediate circle who are exposed to the same things as well. How else can I phrase this? What do you want me to say?
If I were to write anything else I don't even know where I'd be standing in regards to yiddishkeit.
I can report all of my posts and have them removed, should I do that? I have no problem.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:21 pm
There are so many different types of chassidim.
Just to explain:
I’m neutral chassidish
I wear my wig a few inches past my shoulder
Black tights
And at the same time I am growing and spiritual
My children are in very frum chassidish unaffiliated schools
And have dumb phones

And I have a big community of friends just like me!

All different stripes folks!

nchr

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:23 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
I just don’t know of such a person in real life. It’s not about the views you personally have but rather how shocked you are sometimes that not everyone does whatever you are used to, which is really really rare.

I didn't express any shock. I said multiple times ok maybe I need to look outside of my little immediate circle. Whatever. I literally don't belong online, that's the only answer I have to this. My entire world doesn't need to fall apart because of some people on the internet who will never share my values, even if 1,000s of real people do.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:23 pm
nchr wrote:
I've literally written at least 4 times that maybe I need to broaden my look on things. I said maybe my vision is distorted because I'm talking to my immediate circle who are exposed to the same things as well. How else can I phrase this? What do you want me to say?
If I were to write anything else I don't even know where I'd be standing in regards to yiddishkeit.
I can report all of my posts and have them removed, should I do that? I have no problem.

You don't have to say anything. But you need to understand that the entire chassidish population doesn't share your views and that you are extreme and you shouldn't be so surprised and shocked that other chassidish people do things differently and have different views. You also shouldn't be posting your way as the way chassidim in general do things.
When you post something regarding chassidish lifestyle, you should write "in my family, chassidish bachurim don't have cellphones", instead of saying that chassidish bachurim don't have cellphones and it's a red flag if they do.....

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:25 pm
nchr wrote:

You don't have to remove your posts, but you should add a disclaimer to them. Instead of continuously insisting that your way is the true one everyone follows, and everyone else is on a lower level.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:26 pm
Nchr, my curiosity is through the roof.

Who are you?? I promise I'm not gonna tell anyone.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
You don't have to remove your posts, but you should add a disclaimer to them. Instead of continuously insisting that your way is the true one everyone follows, and everyone else is on a lower level.

She can leave her posts exactly how they are and everybody can leave her alone and just reply in the thread if they disagree. By now people are familiar with her outlook. She should not be told to add, change, edit, or otherwise her posts.

Zehava

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:28 pm
nchr wrote:
I didn't express any shock. I said multiple times ok maybe I need to look outside of my little immediate circle. Whatever. I literally don't belong online, that's the only answer I have to this. My entire world doesn't need to fall apart because of some people on the internet who will never share my values, even if 1,000s of real people do.

Please don’t let anyone bully you or force you to do or post anything you aren’t comfortable with. Nor force you offline. They don’t own the internet and they don’t own you.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:29 pm
Zehava wrote:
Please don’t let anyone bully you or force you to do or post anything you aren’t comfortable with. Nor force you offline. They don’t own the internet and they don’t own you.

Jinx! We crossposted the same idea.

Goodness people!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:30 pm
watergirl wrote:
She can leave her posts exactly how they are and everybody can leave her alone and just reply in the thread if they disagree. By now people are familiar with her outlook. She should not be told to add, change, edit, or otherwise her posts.

You're right. She doesn't have to change or edit anything and can post whatever she likes. She just has to understand that there's an entire chassidish world outside her own and other chassidish people doing things differently does not make them on a lower level. Instead of saying chassidish people don't do this and that and it's a red flag if they do, say that in my family we don't do this and that.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:30 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Nchr, my curiosity is through the roof.

Who are you?? I promise I'm not gonna tell anyone.

Same here!!

Zehava

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:31 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Your right. She doesn't have to change or edit anything and can post whatever she likes. Shs just has to understand that there's an entire chassidish world outside her own and other chassidish people don't things differently does not make them on lower level.

Uh no she doesn’t have to understand anything you wanna bang into her head

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:34 pm
Zehava wrote:

She can choose not to understand, but she shouldn’t be offended if every single person here disagrees with her facts.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:35 pm
Zehava wrote:

It's not right to make a statement to the public that certain things are not acceptable by chassidish people in general when in fact they're just not acceptable in her family. It's not right to declare that a regular mainstream chassidish yeshiva is a last resort yeshiva for problem boys because it's a less farfrumt yeshiva than the yeshivas her family/circles send to. It's extremely narrow minded. It is disrespectful to other mainstream chassidish women on this site.

qwerty4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:36 pm
nchr wrote:

This is where I think you're mistaken. You're probably including me and my family in your 1000s of people. Your circle also does not share some of the things you've described as standard on here. I know your circle, I'm part of it.

nchr

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:43 pm
ok I went and deleted anything that clearly everyone else was offended by, even though I said multiple times that maybe I am not so aware since I don't have teenage children and am taking my information from my immediate circle a/k/a my family. I'm sorry. I will try to not post in these threads anymore. If a mod wants to remove my posts since they are irrelevant to the conversation, please do so.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:47 pm
nchr wrote:
ok I went and deleted anything that clearly everyone else was offended by, even though I said multiple times that maybe I am not so aware since I don't have teenage children and am taking my information from my immediate circle a/k/a my family. I'm sorry. I will try to not post in these threads anymore. If a mod wants to remove my posts since they are irrelevant to the conversation, please do so.

You did not have to delete anything. It's interesting to hear of different views. But when posting our opinions as general facts, it's always smarter to say that "this is my opinion" or "this is what we do in our circles."
I'm sorry if I caused you any hurt.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:10 pm
Oh my- why nchr?! I love meeting different people here - it’s the diversity that I love- otherwise if just speak to my same friends all day and life would be dull!
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children