Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
MODERNA VS PFIZER

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:54 am
Between Moderna and Pfizer, which vaccine does everyone recommend and why, for upper 20s/low 30s? (Assuming they are both readily available when I make an appointment).
TIA!

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:08 pm
It does seem like people are more likely to have unpleasant side effects with Moderna. I had Pfizer and felt pretty much nothing except a sore arm, whereas my husband had Moderna and was conked out for about 36 hours and needed to take off work. This is all anecdotal, but after hearing a lot of my friends' experiences, I would probably go with Pfizer if I had a choice.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:10 pm
At least where I live, it has nothing to do with what people recommend. You receive the vaccine that they have in stock that day.

(ETA - my husband and I both received the pfizer vaccine. We were both fine aside from sore arms after the first dose and I was sick as a dog for 12 hours after my second. But I knew that was a possibility and I welcomed it.)

challahchallah

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:17 pm
I’d take whichever one I could get an appointment for first. They are very similar vaccines, just made by two different companies. Pfizer is on a slightly faster schedule (doses 3 weeks vs 4 weeks apart), so maybe I’d lean toward that one, but really, I’d book whichever I could.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:21 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
It does seem like people are more likely to have unpleasant side effects with Moderna. I had Pfizer and felt pretty much nothing except a sore arm, whereas my husband had Moderna and was conked out for about 36 hours and needed to take off work. This is all anecdotal, but after hearing a lot of my friends' experiences, I would probably go with Pfizer if I had a choice.

It's funny you say this. I got sick after my second moderna,so I feel like the vaccine did it's job..if this makes sense. I recommend moderna.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:04 pm
Statistically the Moderna is 95% effective and Pfizer 96% roughly.
Anecdotally Moderna has more chances of side effects than Pfizer. And for everyone I know who got either , that proved true. I personally had Pfizer and was ok except for arm pain.
But Since basically they’re the exact same so they say to take whatever you can get.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:28 pm
I got moderna. 1st jab just made my arm sore for a day, second jab made my arm sore, plus very slight chills (no fever) and achy back muscles for the next 24 hours only. Then all was well BH.
So happy I took it...(I wouldve taken pfizer too, but it wasnt available. The efficacy of both vaccines is basically the same)

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:56 pm
Pfizer. Me nothing. Husband slightly sore arm, son tired. All pdizer

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:59 pm
Do you have an option?
I would love to get Pfizer, so far I’ve only heard of the j&j avail near me.
My acquaintance that’s an infectious disease doc said I should get Moderna or Pfizer, but preferably pfizer if I can get my hands on it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:11 pm
You get what you get and you say Thank You to the RN and give Hoda’a to Hashem for the vaccine

challahchallah

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:17 pm
To chime in with anecdotal evidence between the two: I got Pfizer and had just soreness after the first dose but I felt lousy and had a fever for 24hrs after the second dose (well worth it!). My husband got Moderna and just had very mild arm soreness. I’d still take whichever I could get my hands on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics