Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
There you go
Previous  1  2

trixx

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Buying vitamins and herbs from the natural local quack stores is the same business. I believe the head covid quack was selling is selling his formula of pennies on the dollar vitamins for 55 dollars.

So he's taking advantage of the situation, like anyone selling masks and hand sanitizer, good for him
He didn't create or exacerbate the situation. He's not making billions from an annual mandated shot for the entire country
(eta I don't even know who you're referring to but the entire country if not world knows fauci and gates so..)

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:57 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
And then you have someone like me who had covid last year in March and still has positive antibodies a year later. So maybe natural antibodies are actually better, last longer...?
but for antibodies you actually had to have covid. So once you no longer have antibodies or have only a low level of antibodies, you are at risk for contracting the virus again.

Basically, I see this situation as between a rock and a hard place. The vaccine is too new, but the virus is too dangerous.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:58 pm
Quote:
That's only if the kid is under a yr. And I don't give the flu shot either.

This is false.
The first time you get a flu shot you need a second dose 1 month later. Doesn't matter how old you are. Most of the time the person getting it happens to be under one.

pizza4

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:35 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
And then you have someone like me who had covid last year in March and still has positive antibodies a year later. So maybe natural antibodies are actually better, last longer...?

Yes same here.
I see it like this- the same way I wouldn't bring an actively sick person to my house, I wouldn't take the chance of injecting that poison into mine or my children's bodies, (nor will I believe that the covid vax will keep us from getting sick, or that getting it naturally is more dangerous lol.)
True, we might naturally get sick, but I'll go by "shev v'al taaseh"
Both I and dh had covid a year ago. I still have antibodies, and while dh didn't test for it, he has since been around people who got covid and hasn't gotten sick again. BH.

Shuly

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:45 am
I live in Israel. Literally everyone I know has gotten the Pfizer vaccines, unless they had Covid. I don't know anyone who had a bad reaction besides for an achey arm.
The numbers of Covid cases are dropping daily and life is finally going back to normal.

I also know hundreds of people all over the world who died from Covid but I don't know anyone who died from any of the vaccines.

I fully expected to have to take a yearly shot and I say, bring it on and save lives! Cheers

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:53 am
agreer wrote:
That's what happened with the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918... it mutated into a general flu that comes around and isn't as harmful or contagious. That is what will hopefully happen with coronavirus.

Spanish flu is the regular flu. It’s just not that deadly anymore.

mig100

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:12 am
little neshamala wrote:
I dont mind getting another shot.
Life going back to normal, plus getting a shot, pretty much equals life back to normal for me.

yeah I'm not sure I get the big deal either. iim confused.

doesn't sound so different from the flue shot. I don't get the drama here?

of course, if someone had a serious reaction, they should discuss with their dr if they should take it yearly. if everyone else takes it, hopefully they will be protected regadless

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1965133/breaking-pfizer-ceo-says-third-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html

For those who believe this will really ever end.

My concern is not the news that corona vaccines will be needed repeatedly. It's just a shot. No different from getting annual flu shot. (Though I don't do flu shots - I'm almost 50 and have only had the flu once in my adult life - nor do I plan to get the corona vax, unless forced, until proven safe and effective). My concern is that people are getting this vax and then nothing changes. They are told to still socially distance, mask-up, etc. WHY? It's not much of an incentive for me to go get some experimental vaccine that may or may not be safe if it isn't going to change anything about my lifestyle since Covid hit. If the vax is proven safe and effective and it means we can go back to 2019 lifestyle, sure...sign me up for a jab!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:49 am
Health issues evolve. Years ago we gave antibiotics for everything but the bacteria grew heartier.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Quote:
That's only if the kid is under a yr. And I don't give the flu shot either.

This is false.
The first time you get a flu shot you need a second dose 1 month later. Doesn't matter how old you are. Most of the time the person getting it happens to be under one.

Actually this is false. It is only recommended for children under 8 who are getting vaccinated for the flu for the first time, or who have never received two flu vaccines (the same season) in the past.
Here’s the link to the CDC recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/children.htm

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 17 2021, 2:43 pm
Shuly wrote:
I live in Israel. Literally everyone I know has gotten the Pfizer vaccines, unless they had Covid. I don't know anyone who had a bad reaction besides for an achey arm.
The numbers of Covid cases are dropping daily and life is finally going back to normal.

I also know hundreds of people all over the world who died from Covid but I don't know anyone who died from any of the vaccines.

I fully expected to have to take a yearly shot and I say, bring it on and save lives! Cheers

Same here. I will get the vaccine every month if I have to, if it means that I won't get Covid again.

DD had 2 days of bad reactions to each Pfizer shot, basically flu like symptoms and she slept a lot. She's still really happy that she has it, and would do it again - and this is from a kid with a needle phobia!

When I got vaccinated, all I got was a very light, dull headache. Nothing that a Tylenol wouldn't fix. By the next day, my arm didn't even hurt.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Apr 17 2021, 5:22 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
My husband had a very bad reaction to his second dose, and he never had Covid...I am already afraid to get my first two shots, and now a third within the year? Maybe I'll just stay home and homeschool forever...

What was his reaction? My dh has his 2nd dose of Pfizer vax on Tuesday, I'm worried...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics