Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood elementary schools

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:03 am
Hi, I'm moving to Jackson from Brooklyn and I am trying to get my girls into a lakewood school. I heard that it's best to apply to a newer school because older schools dont have slots. Problem is that the new schools only have one 8th grade class if any and I have twins that will be going into 8th. Any advice on newer schools that have at least two parallel 8 grades? (I think it's best for twins to be in separate classes) btw, we are yeshivish but my husband is working

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:51 am
Hi bumping this up. Which schools are accepting girls? Mid elementary. For applications sent chanukah time or later.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:38 am
If your daughter will be in 6th next year, you can try Nachlas. They recently split that one class into two , so there are two smaller classes.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:57 am
I don’t know if moreshes, bnos Esther malka, or shiras chaim have 2 classes. They all have an 8th grade. You can call them to find out

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:00 am
Bnos esther malka does not have 2 eighth grades this year. I don't think for next year either.
For sure from 5th and down this year is 2 classes. Primary has 3.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
If your daughter will be in 6th next year, you can try Nachlas. They recently split that one class into two , so there are two smaller classes.

They are regular size already around 20 each.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
They are regular size already around 20 each.

For lakewood that is ‘tiny’ unfortunately. (Wait until you hear average high school class sizes…)

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:45 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
For lakewood that is ‘tiny’ unfortunately. (Wait until you hear average high school class sizes…)

Yes high school classes can be rly big...tho depending on the schools...but elementary tend to be more like 25 approx so 20 is pretty regular.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Yes high school classes can be rly big...tho depending on the schools...but elementary tend to be more like 25 approx so 20 is pretty regular.
Lots of schools have 30 students in a class even for primary.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

For that school it’s regular size

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:06 pm
My daughter is in Nachlas and I never heard of a class there with 20 kids, except, like you're saying, the 6th grade which was the first class they had. Originally was tiny and has swelled very big so had to be split in half.

20 is not normal for Nachlas and I'm sure they will be accepting applications for next year for that grade. Typical at Nachlas is around 27 give or take. Kindergarten has been a hard cap of 25 the last few years .

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:15 am
Any school with up to 20 or 22 girls in a class for lower elementary grades ?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:

Most elementary are closer to 28. They want to be at 22-25. But at the last minute the vaad sticks in kids or kids with no schools. It’s often a fight to keep at 28. (When my dd entered primary the principal said it will not be more then 25. First day there was 28. ) And every year new girls are added as ppl move to town. My sons classes grow to 30 kids by 2nd grade

Bais faiga is one of the best at keeping at 25. But newer schools aren’t as good as fighting snd have a hard time not taking in kids that have no place last minute.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:22 am
I heard that this year Bais Fagia has 30 girls in the primary classes

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 3:36 am
Asking for a friend that just found out they're moving to Jackson. Her daughter going into 3rd grade. Which schools does she have a chance at so late in the game ?

otstud

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, I'm moving to Jackson from Brooklyn and I am trying to get my girls into a lakewood school. I heard that it's best to apply to a newer school because older schools dont have slots. Problem is that the new schools only have one 8th grade class if any and I have twins that will be going into 8th. Any advice on newer schools that have at least two parallel 8 grades? (I think it's best for twins to be in separate classes) btw, we are yeshivish but my husband is working

When my siter was moving with her going into 8th grader she was told to apply to bigger schools because at that grade, they often due have slots due to children moving away. She got her daughter into a large, established school. I would try!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:41 am
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Asking for a friend that just found out they're moving to Jackson. Her daughter going into 3rd grade. Which schools does she have a chance at so late in the game ?

You can try Ne’emas Bais Yaakov. Their oldest grade now is second, and it’s a smaller class (maybe 16 girls?). Not sure if their looking to fill it up more or not, but it may be worth a try.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:47 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You can try Ne’emas Bais Yaakov. Their oldest grade now is second, and it’s a smaller class (maybe 16 girls?). Not sure if their looking to fill it up more or not, but it may be worth a try.

Pretty sure it’s 19 girls
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics